Bulletproof® Lifestyle / BP coffee etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

People in Perth get your beans from Antz in Ya Pantz in victoria park. Roasted fresh daily and over 8 single origins to choose from.

Do you have to use Upgraded coffee or can you use any kind of coffee? Just don't feel like forking out for Upgraded at the moment.

People in Perth get your beans from Antz in Ya Pantz in victoria park. Roasted fresh daily and over 8 single origins to choose from.

Just realized thats real close to my house, will have to stop by next time.

Do you know if you can buy in smaller manageable quantities of 250g bags since I dont drink BP everyday?
Also I assume they can do an espresso grind? I dont own a french press or plunger so all I do is stir it into a mug then strain out the coffee after a few minutes.

Just realized thats real close to my house, will have to stop by next time.

Do you know if you can buy in smaller manageable quantities of 250g bags since I dont drink BP everyday?
Also I assume they can do an espresso grind? I dont own a french press or plunger so all I do is stir it into a mug then strain out the coffee after a few minutes.
Yeh they do 250grams from memory it is about $12-14. $34 a kilo if you bulk buy and they can grind it for you. French press is only $10 from kmart or you can buy a moka off ebay which works well.

stepped across to the dark side yesterday, enjoyed it but think I need some type of sweetener in it, I am guessing the stevia from woolies is no good so can anyone point me in the direction of some good stevia?

Yes that's fine to start with, just make sure it only contains stevia, some sneak maltodextrin in.

Xylitol is fine too, better if sourced from birch tree opposed to corn cob as the corn would GMO.

Plenty of websites sell stevia, search for organic.

Do you have to use Upgraded coffee or can you use any kind of coffee? Just don't feel like forking out for Upgraded at the moment.

Yes but the better the quality of coffee the less toxins & contaminants.
Don't get the instant crap.
Nth American origin if possible.
Get a bag of ground coffee & by a plunger.

Easy test for coffee is by smell, the better the smell the better the quality.
Once you smell good quality ground coffee beans then smell instant coffee & you'll know what I mean.

Yes but the better the quality of coffee the less toxins & contaminants.
Don't get the instant crap.
Nth American origin if possible.
Get a bag of ground coffee & by a plunger.

Easy test for coffee is by smell, the better the smell the better the quality.
Once you smell good quality ground coffee beans then smell instant coffee & you'll know what I mean.

I wouldn't buy instant coffee. Yuk.

I bought a packet of Harris premium ground coffee and will give it a go.

http://www.breville.com.au/shake-creationstm.html
606694050_fs_1.jpg

Bought one of these bad boys on special at kmart for $30. My perfect BP coffee buddy

Aussie Pro Triathlete Tim Reed loves his pre workout BP.

At 5am, before he begins his six-hour training session, Tim Reed tucks into a breakfast of four eggs, sausages, full-fat yoghurt and some nuts washed down with a “bulletproof” coffee (coffee with butter and coconut oil).

With this diet Reed, 29, says he doesn’t experience “the bonk”, the moment when a professional athlete goes “from flying to dying”. Rather, he slows down gradually.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/die...s-take-off-20140813-103fun.html#ixzz3APX1LZRJ

ALL- I heard Carmen blackers and fitzi from 96fm and Dave Asprey from the Bulletproof Exec interviewing today. I am the original WA Bulletproof Coffee and supplement supplier here in Perth and sell only the correct and officially tested Bulletproof™ Upgraded™ Coffee Beans and Upgraded™MCT oils along with ALL the related supplements

We are a small WA startup after 27 years in the health and fitness industry in NZ and Aus. Being a former SF operator and current career firefighter mean I am very picky about what I put in my body and recommend to others.

My concern is that anyone that tries the bulletproof coffee style recipe without tested products that actually contain what they say they do ( and on a more important note don't contain the bad stuff e.g mycotoxins.additives etc) that they almost always fail to achieve what it is supposed to do. Thanks for reading :) Damian

Last edited by a moderator:
ALL- I heard Carmen blackers and fitzi from 96fm and Dave Asprey from the Bulletproof Exec interviewing today. I am the original WA Bulletproof Coffee and supplement supplier here in Perth and sell only the correct and officially tested Bulletproof™ Upgraded™ Coffee Beans and Upgraded™MCT oils along with ALL the related supplements

We are a small WA startup after 27 years in the health and fitness industry in NZ and Aus. Being a former SF operator and current career firefighter mean I am very picky about what I put in my body and recommend to others.

My concern is that anyone that tries the bulletproof coffee style recipe without tested products that actually contain what they say they do ( and on a more important note don't contain the bad stuff e.g mycotoxins.additives etc) that they almost always fail to achieve what it is supposed to do. Thanks for reading :) Damian
Congrats on your business, it is great to have local companies to shop in rather than buying online. All the best for your success.

From experience, coffee locally roasted will be equal to or better in quality to the original bulletproof sold by Asprey. I think Asprey may be milking his products with scientific words like mycotoxins etc and charging exorbitant amounts for them. It would be interesting to have a comparison of his MCT oil compared with the bulk nutrients MCT oil to see if it really "upgraded"

Use the Bulletproof products if you can afford and find them, however you can make just as good a version of a "bulletproof" coffee without Asprey's products.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My current BP recipe

60ml espresso (double shot)
120ml boiling water
10g Cacao Butter
10g Coconut Oil
10g Butter
2 tabs stevia
Vanilla extract
Cinnamon

Added the stevia for the first time this morning and the sweetness really brought out the flavour from the cinnamon and vanilla, literally couldn't drink it fast enough.

Sorry i don't believe that for one minute, in fact to me its just spin to sell Asperys products. I have been drinking oil/butter coffee for nearly 12 months every morning and often i run out of ground coffee that i get from my local coffee shop, so i use as a back up instant Nescafe espresso (green label) and apart from not tasting as nice their is no noticeable difference in the butter/oils effectiveness, and the bonus is its 10x quicker to make. The mycotoxin crap is just that, it might effect a small percentage of the population but its just a marketing con.

And even though i once used his standard MCT (a great product) their is no need for the upgraded (brain octaine...lol) as it only contains the added C10 (capric acid) to the C8 of standard MCT. In fact their is good evidence that Coconut oil is superior because it more balanced and contains C8, C10, C12, C14, C16 all saturated, and smaller amounts of C18 mono, and a small amount of poly.

So at the end of the day the main thing is to have the best quality grass fed butter and cold pressed coconut oil you can get, then add your favorite coffee (and cocoa powder if needed) Upgrading to this and that when its totally unnecessary just adds way to much to the overall cost for no extra benefit, especially when you have two or three every day.

The upgraded products are bs. Don't waste your money.

This whole bulletproof thing is bs from what I've read too.

Bulletproof coffees helped me shed 10% body fat. I agree the upgraded products are bs though.

Where did you read this?

I have also read bits and pieces where they have said its BS, but they all had one thing in common, they only tried it once or twice at best, and i doubt they even made it in the correct fashion.

Also just out of curiosity, how do you know the upgraded products are BS when you reckon the bullet proof coffee is also BS?

Last edited:
It annoys me some people go to all the trouble of signing up just to post their website then don't have the decency in coming back to comment on other replies. Its nothing but spam and the mods should keep the post but remove his link.

[thanks]

Coffee Shills!

Why is everyone doubting the Upgraded products, unless you have a lab analysis then I find it's very hard to comment whether they are over hyped or not.
I don't use all of them but also don't see the need to critics them.
Because someone can't afford something or justify its price then they seem quick to criticise it.
Don't bag a BMW cos you can't afford one to justify driving a Toyota.

Because the toxin thing is rubbish. You'll die of a heart-attack from all the caffeine before your health is ever affected.

My Toyota gets me to the Supermarket and back exactly the same as my next door neighbors Audi, and i never have any trouble driving a few hundred ks to Melbourne and back, might not be as quiet and comfortable but its exactly the same thing. If i win lotto or get a huge pay rise i will upgrade, but for now their is no need as everything is just fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back