Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the question.

s**t i had to re-read my post a few times before figuring out wtf i was on about.

i was inquiring as to whether you would stay at your current gym IF PTs were introduced and started training clients there

s**t i had to re-read my post a few times before figuring out wtf i was on about.

i was inquiring as to whether you would stay at your current gym IF PTs were introduced and started training clients there

There is gyms out there that don't have PT in house ?

I swing between 1. local YMCA which has an old bloke who runs it - he helped out with the conditioning for the 68 olympics. He's sound. Set in his ways and I've heard every story about Paul Anderson ever, but he knows everything up to an intermediate level to a T and is happy to help everyone. Score.

2. A gym a guy who I went to school with owns, super small. There are about 3 PT's there. They do the right stuff, I'm not stoked about how strict a couple of them are with their clients form.

At the end of the day it all comes back to my horrible run with injuries and that it all could have been avoided if I had the knowledge. I lifted too much, the wrong lifts, bad technique too heavy , used wrong muscles etc etc. It pains me to think that other people will go through a similar process because they were pointed in the wrong direction. At least when I did it I was stabbing in the dark. These people are paying someone to become injured.

EDIT: this doesn't answer your question :/, sorry sleep deprived. I'm trying to set up my own gym at home but atm my financials aren't awesome. Push comes to shove I have 4 largeish kettlbells and a fitball - that'd be enough for me if I really got disenchanted with the whole gym thing.

Last edited:
Most of the people at my 24/7 Plus Fitness are great, but there is one stereotypical w***er. Small mans syndrome, thinks he is massively tough. Walks around scowling at everyone, with his hair gelled. Grunts as loud as he can for the whole time he is at the gym, loads the bars and doesnt unload them at the end, and leaves plates spread everywhere. Thinks he is the absolute boss! If he listened to his own music on loud speaker, he would contain absolutely every habit a hate in gym goers!

My biggest pet peeve at gyms is when someone is taking a PT client and they are doing an exercise wrong and the PT says nothing. They stand there like a F*%$Ktard looking at their phone going 'ok one more and then we will hit the bike' or some such s**t. The average standard of trainer is sooo abominable.

There are about 5 or 6 that work in the gym area and only 1 of them has qualifications. The other 4 or 5 got a job there through a friend of one of the ladies that works the reception etc.... I was told that on their first day they were given a quick run through of the machines as well as a quick go to see how it works and that was it. Never see them anyway, they're all talking amongst themselves in a different part of the building. It's pretty dreadful actually.

I have a mate who is a PT (and by PT I mean did a five week course)

And i guarantee you, he might know the name of the tendon that attaches your bicep to your elbow but he doesn't know s**t about training.

jesus that is diabolical and as others have said dangerous. if he doesnt have any other strings to his bow (i.e. motivational aspect, diet expertise etc) he should be reported. is there an agency/organisation that overseas fitness standards?

It really is fashionable to hate on trainers isn't it?

rottenecard_77158535_mz9v8zv2bs.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One that gave me the shits (too literally unfortunately) this morning is the exhaust system not turned on in the change rooms. When the shitter is next to the showers that's not what I needed whilst showering after my workout. :mad::eek:

that's disgusting

what do people think about open shower cubicles?
This isn't America

the misc is full of socially awkwards who are uncomfortable with it and closet homo sexuals who love it, and wannabe tough guys who pretend they don't find it awkward

At a pool is different, speedos etc can be worn, but the gym - no thanks

This isn't America

the misc is full of socially awkwards who are uncomfortable with it and closet homo sexuals who love it, and wannabe tough guys who pretend they don't find it awkward

At a pool is different, speedos etc can be worn, but the gym - no thanks

I see it working at a footy club, but that's about it.

After footy you just wanna jump in and then get out to the bar as quickly as possible. Anywhere else you don't have a clue who the blokes are and the showers should be separated.

i really hate loud patrons. there are some at the gym i go to. they are regulars and strut around, speaking loudly and acting like they own the place.

last night the girlfriend of one of the blokes was doing pushups with her mate at the entrance to the mens changerooms. yes entrance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back