Preview Pre-match v Port Adelaide - Sunday 4:40 (MCG) (out: Seeds, Young, BenKen; In: Armstrong, Fas, Dwyer)

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Collingwood fans, a nice bunch. A lot better then the Carlton and Essendon types who are as welcoming as a pack of rats.

4.40 @ MCG on a Sunday? It's better then no footy at all. Last weekend was an ordeal of watching neutral games (and watching Collingwood lose to Adelaide :( We felt your pain!)

I've not seen a lot of Collingwood games this year but Kennedy seems like a real find for you blokes. I'll be interested to see how the rucks go- Lobbe in theory is too good for your young ruckmen but he's had to carry the load all season due to injuries to other ruckmen, and he is getting tired.

For us, Andrew Moore is a good chance to come back in the side- he showed great form for the Port Magpies against the Crows Reserves, and I have high hopes. Anyway good luck after this week.

I like Collingwood fans, a nice bunch. A lot better then the Carlton and Essendon types who are as welcoming as a pack of rats.

4.40 @ MCG on a Sunday? It's better then no footy at all. Last weekend was an ordeal of watching neutral games (and watching Collingwood lose to Adelaide :( We felt your pain!)

I've not seen a lot of Collingwood games this year but Kennedy seems like a real find for you blokes. I'll be interested to see how the rucks go- Lobbe in theory is too good for your young ruckmen but he's had to carry the load all season due to injuries to other ruckmen, and he is getting tired.

For us, Andrew Moore is a good chance to come back in the side- he showed great form for the Port Magpies against the Crows Reserves, and I have high hopes. Anyway good luck after this week.

Yeah we like you guys too....I think it's the heritage your club has, its similar to our own and we're used to being hated by everyone else like Port is as well! Personally, I just like how your team runs and takes the game on. It's a very positive mindset amongst all the negative "strangulation" type game plans out there.

Nice. Did he say anything else?

All the kids are very good coming through - just can't fit them all in.

Playing well as the sub a couple of times as sought of cost Kennedy a bit. He's provided the spark and the coaches have therefore pigeon holed him a little.

I asked the great man was there any chance of the Kennedy playing four quarters this week and didn't Kennedy have any incriminating photos of bucks or anyone else like Blair and Goldsack had.

plus andrew moore ;)
The news just keeps getting better with Monfries and Carlile likely to return against us.:drunk:

Their recent form has been as poor as outs but those two will really improve them, luckily we get Ball and Toovey back, although their form wasn't exactly first class before missing last week.

Went to the Elimination Final last year and sat in the Ponsford Stand and the mix was 40/60 of Port/Collingwood supporters. We all had a great night and not one word in anger was said. At the end of the match a few of the Collingwood supporters congratulated us on the win and the season and hoped us to beat the Cats. Outside of this weekend, ha ha, I hope you guys turn it around & good luck for the rest of the season.

This season aint over till the fat lady sings. We can still make the eight and win a final - which would be an upgrade on last year. Season starts now with the team that beat us in last years EF.

Selection needs to be with winning in mind.

In Grundy Toovey Thomas (sub)
Out Witts Blair Young

I wouldnt consider Ball this week. Adams is a better player with Ball out of the side.

Tempted to pick Scharenburg but maybe next week!

This season aint over till the fat lady sings. We can still make the eight and win a final - which would be an upgrade on last year. Season starts now with the team that beat us in last years EF.

Selection needs to be with winning in mind.

In Grundy Toovey Thomas (sub)
Out Witts Blair Young

I wouldnt consider Ball this week. Adams is a better player with Ball out of the side.

Tempted to pick Scharenburg but maybe next week!
I am curious - what is the rationale behind dropping Witts? He is in great form.

now you know how the Western Bulldogs have felt for the past 20 years

Nah, not really mate, cos as much as I like the Bullies....they don't have to fit 70,000+ members into Etihad and they haven't been doing this graveyard (Sunday 4.40pm) graveyard stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah we like you guys too....I think it's the heritage your club has, its similar to our own and we're used to being hated by everyone else like Port is as well! Personally, I just like how your team runs and takes the game on. It's a very positive mindset amongst all the negative "strangulation" type game plans out there.

Jmac. Can't believe it's been two years.

What's the thinking in terms of what Grundy will do better on Sunday than Witts would do?

Or that Thomas will do better than Blair for that matter.

True you can throw a blanket over Grundy and Witts but Grundy will be fresher having been in the VFL recently. They are tracking quite parallel this season so its good to mix it up. Grundy will be the better ruckman in the long run. I dont think you can play them both, especially now Reid is back in the side so White can be the third tall/second ruck

Blair tries hard but just doesnt do enough. Prefer Kennedy over him. Thomas who is younger and quicker and more versatile is a better option in the sub bench than Blair

Both Grundy and Thomas by all accounts were in our best last week

For those even considering Scherenberg;

1. YOU ARE FRICKING NUTS

2. Listen to the club;

collingwoodfc: Can Scharenberg play seniors this year? "There's so much water to go under the bridge. Logic suggests it's not going to happen," - @ncb_cfc.

Round 22 or round 23 at absolute best, and even that's unlikely, he just played his first half of footy in 14 months.

I can't see the point of playing Ball. In fact I'd retire him. As for Adams replacing Ball, that epitomises our problem.

We don't need to replace Balls skill set we need a new midfield. When Ball did his knee Beams replaced him in the first choice midfield and he does a good clearance job. We already solved the Ball problem 3 years ago. Beams is much better skilled and an all round better option now that footy has passed Ball by and will always be a better option than Adams.

I like that ^ I really do. What I would love to see however is Adams, Ball and Blair winning the clearances and dishing it off to Beams, Pendlebury or Sidebottom or for an effective clearance.

Those three in the middle would be a tough unit and may actually impact on Wines, Boak and Cornes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back