FTA-TV The Flash

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, didn't realise he had come out! Good for him.

I think I read somewhere that the San Diego Comic Con was on this week(?) so we might see more some further announcements for Flash (and Arrow and the other DC shows/properties).

A bit off topic but I read the 'Flashpoint' comic a few weeks back and really enjoyed it. Not sure if they could eventually do something like that one day down the track but a similar story/crossover event would be interesting to see.

They cant do flashpoint on the TV shows because its too violent and set in an alternate reality. They could just retool the Green Lantern/Green Arrow stories or GL/Flash team ups and just use the other rather than GL.

I dont expect much from Comic con this weekend in TV casting news, just some new trailers. but i think they are showing Flash and Gotham there.

DC will also announce the next few DC Animated movies, and have a trailer for Throne of Atlantis, they might also show Assault on Arkham since its out in about 2 weeks.

They cant do flashpoint on the TV shows because its too violent and set in an alternate reality. They could just retool the Green Lantern/Green Arrow stories or GL/Flash team ups and just use the other rather than GL.

I dont expect much from Comic con this weekend in TV casting news, just some new trailers. but i think they are showing Flash and Gotham there.

DC will also announce the next few DC Animated movies, and have a trailer for Throne of Atlantis, they might also show Assault on Arkham since its out in about 2 weeks.

Apparently there's rumours that Dwayne the Rock Johnson will be making a big announcement 'soon' (possibly comic con) - speculation he might be cast as Shazam in the future JL movie. I wonder if they could do a JLA thing with the TV universe some day?

Apparently there's rumours that Dwayne the Rock Johnson will be making a big announcement 'soon' (possibly comic con) - speculation he might be cast as Shazam in the future JL movie. I wonder if they could do a JLA thing with the TV universe some day?

DC have said they want the TV and Film words separate. As for the rock as Captain Marvel i hope not it would be one of the all time worst casting choices ever. it would make the Ryan Renolds as Hal Jordan seem good. However i could see the Rock as Black Adam they have a similar look and skin complexion. But seeing Captain Marvel as a Samoan is just stupid. Or the old rumors of Rock as Lobo would be nice, I would love the see the main man in live action.

DC have said they want the TV and Film words separate. As for the rock as Captain Marvel i hope not it would be one of the all time worst casting choices ever. it would make the Ryan Renolds as Hal Jordan seem good. However i could see the Rock as Black Adam they have a similar look and skin complexion. But seeing Captain Marvel as a Samoan is just stupid. Or the old rumors of Rock as Lobo would be nice, I would love the see the main man in live action.

Just read this over on IGN, seems like the hope 1 day to have a TV Justice League (or at least a crossover event) - With Green Arrow, Flash, Black Canary, Katana, Atom and Firestorm (maybe more to come?) they certainly are building a nice collection of heroes between the shows.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...roducing-the-atom-firestorm-and-katana?page=1

I thought there was some talk of the Rock being John Stewart? I reckon he could pull off a pretty good Black Adam too or even Lobo (interestingly isn't that who Jason Momoa wanted to play?).

Looks like another character set to appear on the show (though I have no idea who Plastique is lol). Maybe you have a better idea aussiedude?

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/07/23/plastique-is-coming-to-the-flash-tv-series

just another minor character, They used her in smallville and was alright for the SS they used. Its another one of the characters where if the writing it right it can work otherwise it will fail, and for live action they will need a actress that can pull it off.

Just bought Assault on Arkham earlier today. it was very good.

They cant do flashpoint on the TV shows because its too violent and set in an alternate reality.

Saw this earlier aussiedude, could be interesting...though given it's in the same universe as Arrow, not sure of the logistics of doing such an event.

Meanwhile Grant Gustin has talked with THR about the ending of the pilot which sees one of the characters looking at the front page of a newspaper from a decade into the future. Gustin says the scene suggest a popular storyline from the comics look to be coming to the screen:

"What the coolest thing about that moment, to me, is they're setting up the fact that the Flashpoint story line [from the comics] could potentially happen - that Speed Force could be an aspect and time travel is potentially a part of the show."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/33516/several-updates-on-arrow-the-flash

Girder announced as well.

I have no idea who he is (not familiar with Flash's rogues gallery) but seems you're right!

the-flash-greg-finley-girder-casting-star-crossed-dc.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=106337

Hard to do Flashpoint without a lot of the other characters already established.

Suspect it wouldn't be a like for like version of the Flashpoint story but maybe based on some elements (like having his mother back and maybe a few other alternative outcomes). Surely, they wouldn't be considering something like this though for Season 1 though you'd think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the crossover was corny as. I'm sure it will get better though.

the amount of cheese in the crossover scene was cringe worthy. Not many differences from the leaked pilot. New title card looks worse that the first one.

People liked it?

I thought it was really ******* cheesy throughout the whole movie.

Even some action scenes felt a bit subpar, although some were pretty cool.

And I can already tell theres going to be an annoying female throughout the whole season, ala the black chick (dont know her name).

Gonna give it a few more episodes, since its a pilot, and hopefully it moves a bit smoother.

Although, the last scene piqued my interest.

And I can already tell theres going to be an annoying female throughout the whole season, ala the black chick (dont know her name).

Agree on that point. She seems like she is going to be The Flash's answer to Laurel on Arrow. If those 2 are ever in the same scene on a crossover it will be torture.

wow people are already jumping on Iris. this is going to be fun to watch as some of the characters backstories and Hero/villain history starts. While it wasnt as good as arrow they have heaps they can do with who they have already introduced.

I personally thought the pilot was very good (for a pilot) given they have to set up a lot of characters, backs stories, relationships etc. I think Flash is benefiting from having Arrow introduce us to some of the characters/laying a bit of the ground work in season 2.

If you go back and watch the Arrow pilot, it was a bit over the shop. This one at least seemed a bit more focused/refined.

I think they are hoping Arrow retains that more grounded/darker tone while Flash will be more classical comic book stuff with superheroes and maybe be more lighthearted. Will be good if they both have their own unique feel/style.

And just on the ratings, I think I read somewhere that it was the second highest series premier ratings on the CW (more than Arrow too) and even beat Agents of Shield for viewers this week which is pretty impressive if true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back