Opinion Grimes

Remove this Banner Ad

Dominance

Debutant
Oct 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Kid has gone backwards due to loss of confidence from his injuries. Everything he touches on game day seems to result in a turnover. I am worried about his development and believe we need more depth in defence.

He and Astbury have shown no consistency whatsoever and only glimpses during their careers. We need to draft some more depth this year down back.

Thoughts?

Hope your joking about Astbury, his form before the injury was nothing short of amazing

I watched the replay of our match on Saturday night, and paid particular attention to Grimes and his defensive work. He rarely gets beaten. His offensive work has taken a backwards step, i will concede that.

Grimes' numbers are down sure but hopefully that is not all that people look at...

Our defence IMO works well with Dylan back there with Rance, Chappy & Batch as the 4 taller players.
Seem to have gelled well over the past 2 months with some continuation amongst them.
(second lowest score against from memory over the past 8 rounds or so)

Astbury to come back next year is great as it will create good competition for spots.

I like Grimes.

Kid has gone backwards due to loss of confidence from his injuries. Everything he touches on game day seems to result in a turnover. I am worried about his development and believe we need more depth in defence.

He and Astbury have shown no consistency whatsoever and only glimpses during their careers. We need to draft some more depth this year down back.

Thoughts?
Astbury was probably leading our B&F before he got injured (according to Dimma).
Grimes has been steady without being great.
You have no idea

I am prepared to give Grimes another year to see what he can do fully fit.
I'll hold my criticism until the end of 2015 to see if his body can play a full year or if he can pick up his form a bit, if he can't by the end of next year we might need to move him on.

He has been solid though without being spectacular, and so has earnt another crack.

Astbury was probably leading our B&F before he got injured (according to Dimma).
You have no idea

Pretty much this. Backline's been one of the top two or three in the comp over the last couple of months (based on points conceded).

Grimes hasn't set the world on fire, but he's certainly not letting us down and I'm still optimistic about his future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have no idea
So you think we have a backline good enough to win a premiership? You sir have no idea. Astbury is slow and will crumble under finals pressure. Grimes offers nothing offensively. Keep telling yourselves everything is ok because we have won 9 in a row. Our backline is good but not premiership standard.

So you think we have a backline good enough to win a premiership? You sir have no idea. Astbury is slow and will crumble under finals pressure. Grimes offers nothing offensively. Keep telling yourselves everything is ok because we have won 9 in a row. Our backline is good but not premiership standard.

Rubbish.

Astbury took care of every KPF he played on including Cloke, Hawkins and I think Roughead as well. Rance is the best KPD in the league. I'll go with that for starters. I never said everything is OK. Go post on the bay with the nuff nuffs.
And apparently you can see into the future. Amazing:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Really liking some of the options we have down back - Rance, Astbury, Chaplin, Grimes, Batchelor can all play medium/tall as needed plus we have Benny Darrou on the rookie list who might be a chance to get elevated as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back