Wow, much cap space!

Remove this Banner Ad

He might not have said any names but that's the fun in it in regards to guessing who. I jut love the fact he's said we're going to be shopping for that top line elite player to add to our list. It puts other clubs on notice. We're not just a feeder club. If we have such extra room in the cap space I hope we look at a couple of players to bring in. A nice attacking HBF would be nice, extra speed in the midfield.

In regards to the increase in payments as the younger crop come up there will also be players leaving that will assist that and don't think that it will take such a large chunk of te 'extra cap space' as some are worried about.

Let's go shopping!!

We'd be shopping with someone else's cash though based on the $3m loss.....

I'm already liking Swann's honesty - "this is what it is, this is what we're looking at" kind of attitude.

Meh, all clubs are playing with the AFL's money, even the biggest ones.

With this much space, it would be a travesty if we weren't able to resign Aish. Not that I think we won't sign him (actually quite confident as I saw him smile recently).

Didn't he just resign this morning?

Sorry couldn't help myself.

I'm already liking Swann's honesty - "this is what it is, this is what we're looking at" kind of attitude.

Me too. I think it's probably smart that we get out in front of it and set the terms of the discussion. By making the first move in the press on this situation, we get to make the point about growing revenue rather than cutting costs while we have some clear air. If you try to have that discussion after you've signed a big name free agent, you get drowned out by the bleating which will come regardless.

I wonder how enticing it would be for Dayne beams to come up to brisbane in comparison to staying at collingwood. Maybe having claye on our list could be the main factor in getting his signature.
I would think that Claye would be the vast majority factor of him coming up. If we didn't have Claye, l don't think we would be able to get Dayne.

If we're talking go-home factor and targetting exceptional players with lure of dollars, one guy I'd hope we're into is Brendan Whitecross at Hawthorn. Only 24 years of age too IIRC.

Mind you, I have absolutely no idea of his contract status.

If we're talking go-home factor and targetting exceptional players with lure of dollars, one guy I'd hope we're into is Brendan Whitecross at Hawthorn. Only 24 years of age too IIRC.

Mind you, I have absolutely no idea of his contract status.
Given he has missed the entire year. Dont know. Dont think I would call him an elite mid, more a mid forward and we have a few guys like that. Good player, but I would want to see how he overcomes that knee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given he has missed the entire year. Dont know. Dont think I would call him an elite mid, more a mid forward and we have a few guys like that. Good player, but I would want to see how he overcomes that knee.
I think this is the 2nd time he's done his ACL.

I think this is the 2nd time he's done his ACL.
Yes I think it is. But guys have come back from that , hopefully he does. From what I hear he is pretty entrenched at Hawthorn and unless they give the flick or he we offer something outrageous I dont like our chances.

Is Boomer Harvey available? He reminds me of an older Lewy Taylor. I like his passion for the contest!

He's so passionate about contests, he makes sure he stands at least a few metres away from them to get a really good view. Wouldn't want to spoil it by rushing in or anything.

Imagine Freeman kicking on next year, kicking another bag v the Pies, then we get Beams from Collingwood and Keays via the academy when he is the top rated mid... I really do believe Eddie would implode.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back