Abbott slams "blackest day"

Remove this Banner Ad

They haven't sacked him.

They haven't tried to sack him.
More fool them-not even a year and things going downhill very quickly. Have they looked at the polls? But I don't think they will sack him because that's one of the things that tore ALP apart, so it is important that Libs stand united. Even so, that is hardly evidence that he is well regarded by his cabinet. ( Pretty sure the dirt on Rudd only came out after he was sacked by the way.)

More fool them-not even a year and things going downhill very quickly. Have they looked at the polls? But I don't think they will sack him because that's one of the things that tore ALP apart, so it is important that Libs stand united. Even so, that is hardly evidence that he is well regarded by his cabinet. ( Pretty sure the dirt on Rudd only came out after he was sacked by the way.)

Not true re Rudd. The stewardess in tears. The ridiculous hours of public servants. The dysfunctional cabinet. The shambolic press releases and policy changes. These things aren't imagined. They were reported contemporaneously.

Howard was in the dumps in his first term. He turned out ok.

Howard was never popular in the polls, but he led one of the most successful governments in our history and won 4 elections.

It's pretty good evidence he's respected by his cabinet.

Stephen Dank just got a boner.
Wish ISIS had captured Dank instead of that journalist. Although he probably could have saved himself by promising to inject them with substances to turn them into super soldiers.

Not true re Rudd. The stewardess in tears. The ridiculous hours of public servants. The dysfunctional cabinet. The shambolic press releases and policy changes. These things aren't imagined. They were reported contemporaneously.

Howard was in the dumps in his first term. He turned out ok.

Howard was never popular in the polls, but he led one of the most successful governments in our history and won 4 elections.

It's pretty good evidence he's respected by his cabinet.
Yep still think most of the Rudd staff came out after his sacking.
Howard was a smart guy, but he also had extraordinary strokes of luck at election time.
Tone is light years away from Howard in intelligence and political nouse and capabilities.
Nope, you have not presented any evidence to show his cabinet respect him. (the fact they haven't sacked him means nothing-are you being serious?);)

This thread is full of Labor cheerleaders and their pom poms.

Not sexy cheerleaders though.

ugly-game-c.jpg

Put a gimp mask on so we can ignore the face,its not so bad...

Scrap compulsory voting.

Scrap state boundaries.

Merge councils to become 2nd level of govt.

Scrap premierships won during the zoning years.

The world becomes a better place.

You forgot to specify (although I think you meant it reading between the lines) axing state government altogether. About the only good thing ours has is the fixed 4 year term.
Next thing to get rid of are opinion polls. They used to mean something only coming out every month or so. Now they are almost daily and are completely meaningless. The pollsters probably haven't twigged that people give answers for shits and giggles because nothing matters on an opinion poll. Except political parties are too ******* dumb to realise this and pander to the poll results. Class A morons the lot of them.

People that support political parties like they're football teams are the reason we have such poor political leaders (from all parties) - yet are the people that whine the most about them!

As Douglas Adams (RIP) famously once wrote : "Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, the wrong lizard might get in."

The only rational approach in a safe seat is to marginalise it. That way the pork barrelling can benefit your locality.

Howard was a smart guy, but he also had extraordinary strokes of luck at election time.
Tone is light years away from Howard in intelligence and political nouse and capabilities.
Nope, you have not presented any evidence to show his cabinet respect him. (the fact they haven't sacked him means nothing-are you being serious?);)

They elected him. That's a pretty good indication. Then, despite his personal unpopularity in the polls, they still haven't sacked him. No one can know what his cabinet personally think of him, but if you're looking for evidence, electing him and then not sacking him despite all the flaws the posters have listed in this thread, is pretty good.

So you have a blacker day than investigations into team based ped programs, match fixing, organised crime links etc. Wow wee please share.
Maybe Carlton taking bribes to throw matches in the early 20th century?

Howard was Anglican.

I'd rather our leaders stood up for the Catholic Church than the trade union movement. The former's far more representative of the two.

Be good if posters stop turning this into an Abbott bashing thread. Or if they can't resist, at least acknowledge the more numerous flaws of the two PMs he replaced.

Have to say I would've felt a lot more comfortable if Peter Costello had had the stones to continue through in opposition - I think he would've made an excellent PM (and probably would've got back after just 1 term so we wouldn't have had the 3 years of hung parliament paralysis)

)

You're wrong on Rudd. I suggest you were just reading the wrong newspaper. Google Rudd and you'll find lots of contemporaneous stuff.

No argument on Howard. He was one of the great political minds of his generation.

Howard had more than just luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They elected him. That's a pretty good indication. Then, despite his personal unpopularity in the polls, they still haven't sacked him. No one can know what his cabinet personally think of him, but if you're looking for evidence, electing him and then not sacking him despite all the flaws the posters have listed in this thread, is pretty good.
Nope -quite meaningless-have already said why they are not going to change leaders at this point-not going to bother rehashing stuff.

There you go Tony. That's 17 players guilty of doping, not to mention any support staff fallout. That's pretty black mate. I'd imagine 51 players would be 3 shades blacker.

Is it the blackest day in Australian sport regardless of the severity of penalties if you get 51 players across two codes and support staff as well?

Stupid to use this for political mileage against a party who used it for political mileage, but not directly against you.

Howard was Anglican.

I'd rather our leaders stood up for the Catholic Church than the trade union movement. The former's far more representative of the two.

Be good if posters stop turning this into an Abbott bashing thread. Or if they can't resist, at least acknowledge the more numerous flaws of the two PMs he replaced.
Don't care what you'd rather, I simply expect a secular Government. It's bad enough we have blokes like Abbott even mentioning their religious beliefs at all.

, at least acknowledge the more numerous flaws of the two PMs he replaced.

ROFL.
Let's see...from Abbott's fictional pre-election bullshit fest.
Transparent open honest Government? Fail
Increase Jobs? Massive fail.
Reduce Taxes? Massive fail.
Reduce the deficit? Humongous "we ******* doubled it in six months" world class fail.
Fix the NBN? The roll out of the "Abbott "tin can and string, already redundant" claytons NBN has come to a stand stillwhile costing just as much as Labors original world leading effort.

How much legislation has the moron gotten passed?

You can't measure an idiot like Abbott's efforts against any other Government as their are none as insidiously imbecile, unqualified or untalented.
Morons every one.

Every one.

Don't care what you'd rather, I simply expect a secular Government. It's bad enough we have blokes like Abbott even mentioning their religious beliefs at all.

ROFL.
Reduce the deficit? Humongous "we ******* doubled it in six months" world class fail.
Fix the NBN? The roll out of the "Abbott "tin can and string, already redundant" claytons NBN has come to a stand stillwhile costing just as much as Labors original world leading effort.

You can't measure an idiot like Abbott's efforts against any other Government as their are none as insidiously imbecile, unqualified or untalented.
Morons every one.

Every one.

You have made a liar out of me Pie Eyed (to a degree), I never saw the day we would agree on anything. To these posts I say well played. Especially the one I bolded.

ROFL.

Morons every one.

Every one.

Not even 12 months in...

Not even 12 months in...
Is there a date, like a month from the next election, when you intend to hold the lying FW to his 4 years of three word sloganeering?
I would send the fw back to England.

I haven't seen any evidence that Abbott's religion is influencing his policy any more than any of our previous PMs.

Is there a date, like a month from the next election, when you intend to hold the lying FW to his 4 years of three word sloganeering?
I would send the fw back to England.

Whatever the date is, it's certainly not 11 months after his election.

His budget was pretty poor IMO, didn't do enough to cut taxes and regulations and encourage business investment, job growth, but it certainly wasn't helped by having the buffon in Palmer holding the balance of power.

You can't seriously expect a PM to have fixed the budget deficit problem after one budget, nor significantly lowered the tax burden or cut regulation.

Cutting the carbon tax is certainly a start. Increasing the fuel levy and the highest tax bracket rate certainly not helpful. Inheriting a huge budget mess even more unhelpful.

He's stopped the boats and got rid of the carbon tax.

IMO they were the biggest two promises he campaigned, along with fixing the economy/getting more jobs. He's done the first 2. The third promise was always going to take longer than 12 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back