Unofficial Preview Changes v Gold Coast @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless they are concerned about 2 underdone with Yeo and Selwood.

Yeo may well be sub.

Yeo should be fine coming back from a broken hand, he would have been racking up the k's on the training track since he did it. Selwood would be more of a worry, but I think he's been back in full training for 2-3 weeks and isn't really a suitable sub (not that that's ever stopped west coast). it will probably be more of a touch issue for both players, and I can't see being the sub helping that.

I think it's worth the risk, they'll both surely add more than Carter/Ginners/Sheed.

Last edited:

Cant say i am to dissapointed with Brown out as i think a small backline will suit this game.

I'm not either, especially if he's got a niggle. Brown was useless by foot against Melbourne in a low pressure game, didn't have the confidence to hit regulation targets and held onto the ball for an age.

If one of Selwood or Yeo are to be the sub - then logic would say it would be Selwood given he would have been off his legs the longest.

I still maintain - we take the risk and get a full run into both of them. If it blows up in our face we finish 11th or whatever. If we manage a win we make finals with two best 22 players getting a much needed run under their belt.

Yeo should fine coming back from a broken hand, he would have been racking up the k's on the training track since he did it. Selwood would be more of a worry, but I think he's been back in full training for 2-3 weeks and isn't really a suitable sub (not that that's ever stopped west coast). it will probably be more of a touch issue for both players, and I can't see being the sub helping that.

I think it's worth the risk, they'll both surely add more than Carter/Ginners/Sheed.
Yeah, I tend to agree, but match fitness is different to running. I want Yeo to play a full game, but both of them being named on the bench was what made me think they may go down that path. Selwood will go straight back into the tagging role that Hutchings has been doing, so that's a no-brainer.

One of Brennan/Wilson look like a straight swap for Brown, not that I think we need to do it.

I'd like to see us replace Brown with an attacking player, GC are a few KPFs short and have a lot of midfield run, that's where I'd be looking to match them.

I wonder if all 3 emergencies travel with the possibility/probability of playing if finals are out of reach.

Surely a defender will come in for Brown. Don't want Hurn going back to a lock down role.

I wonder if all 3 emergencies travel with the possibility/probability of playing if finals are out of reach.

Good thinking, no need to risk Yeo and SS.
Surprised Sinclair wasn't named as emg in case we are out of the race as you'd think NN could be taken out as well.

I'm not either, especially if he's got a niggle. Brown was useless by foot against Melbourne in a low pressure game, didn't have the confidence to hit regulation targets and held onto the ball for an age.
Agreed.

In my OP we have been playing 1 to 2, too many talls for too long, McKenzie, McGovern can more than cover our KPD positions and against the GC we will need all the midfield strength and run we can muster.
Getting nervous already, bring it on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I tend to agree, but match fitness is different to running. I want Yeo to play a full game, but both of them being named on the bench was what made me think they may go down that path. Selwood will go straight back into the tagging role that Hutchings has been doing, so that's a no-brainer.

One of Brennan/Wilson look like a straight swap for Brown, not that I think we need to do it.

If they don't think Yeo is up for a full game in the midfield, I'd like to see him play Brown's role. He's a good size and has proved himself as a lock down defender. Plus he'd add a lot more rebound than Brown does. Ginners or Sheed the sub.

Is like to see this final team:

Bennell McGovern Butler
Hurn Mackenzie Schofield
Masten Priddis Gaff
Hill Darling LeCras
Lycett Kennedy Cripps

R Naitanui Yeo Shuey

I Carter Selwood McGinnity
S Sheed

I'd back Selwood and Yeo to run out the game, and I like Sheed as the sub. I think we need 7 defenders, and Carter gets the spot over Wilson and Brennan.

As long as we have Ezy on Lynch, tall forwards wont pose a threat, and with yeo to be able to play on some of their faster midfielders who are able to kick goals it seems as though its a perfect change... maybe Brown isn't really that injured

Maybe Wilson in for Brown, Selwood in for McGinnity. Not sure where Carter really fits in though, so he might just replace Brown in defence without needing a taller defender to come in. Might keep McGinnity in then, but would be a little strange to add 3 defenders without any of them coming in.
In: Yeo, Naitanui, Selwood, Wilson
Out: Hutchings, Cox, McGinnity, Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back