SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be quite warm for this weekends games, smaller ground out at Heatherton. Will make for a fast paced, extremely physical game. I think whoever plays the most physical game between Mount and CPL will win this contest, we should see some very heavy hits and plenty of skill hopefully. Too hard to tip a winner but I will go with Mount based on previous results.
That's unlike you, why the change of heart.

My team didn't make the finals (seniors), so will turn my attention to winning money on Mount. The best thing about local footy is the physicality, and I'm expecting a very heated battle on Saturday. Can't wait.
Will save my derogatory remarks for after this game when we see who can handle the heat, both weather and hard knocks.

My team didn't make the finals (seniors), so will turn my attention to winning money on Mount. The best thing about local footy is the physicality, and I'm expecting a very heated battle on Saturday. Can't wait.
Will save my derogatory remarks for after this game when we see who can handle the heat, both weather and hard knocks.

So how do you think your team Oakleigh Districts will fair in the reserves finals? ;)

DIVISION 3 SEMI FINALS PREVIEW
Mount Waverley vs Carrum Patterson Lakes
Leading Goalkickers:
MW: J.Gough (98) J.Rickard (38) L.Morrey (22) I.Taylor (16)
CPL: T.March (58) J.Dalton (33) J.Olaman (23) D.Watterson (21)
Best Players (TIB):
MW: J.Gough (12) M.Dennis (10) B.Stacey (10) B.Beecroft (10)
CPL: C.Mouritz (12) J.Bertrand (9) J.Dent (9) J.Dalton (9)
Past Results:
MW: 13.12.90
vs CPL: 10.9.69
CPL: 7.13.55 vs MW: 9.6.60
Tip:

Mount Waverley by 12 points

Sandown vs Lyndale
Leading Goalkickers:
SAN: C.Sheedy (47) J.Toan (34) F.Martinichio (24) J.Chapman (20)
LYN: T.Kumetaitis (48) D.Tormey (18) T.Day (19) M.Stuart (15)
Best Players:
SAN: D.Macklin (9) J.Toan (9) J.Chapman (7) J.Frenken (7)
LYN: D.Tormey (11) B.Tosh (8) O.Buntine (7) T.Irish (7)
Past Results:
SAN: 7.5.47 vs LYN: 12.12.84
LYN: 7.7.49 vs SAN: 8.12.60
Tip:

Lyndale by 20 points

Two great games of football this weekend, both hard to pick. Who's everyone's money on?

Going to be quite warm for this weekends games, smaller ground out at Heatherton. Will make for a fast paced, extremely physical game. I think whoever plays the most physical game between Mount and CPL will win this contest, we should see some very heavy hits and plenty of skill hopefully. Too hard to tip a winner but I will go with Mount based on previous results.

Wowee, gee wiz. With posts like this I'm suprised The Herald Sun isn't chasing you up to right a column. All it was missing was "I think the team who kicks the most points will probably win"

My 2 cents, Going on what I have seen over the weekends games. I think Carrum are done, unless they can pull of a miracle against Mt Waverley this weekend and get themselves a week off before the GF they are cooked. They looked old and slow on Saturday and if Sandown could of just hit some targets they quite easily could have gotten over the line. Mt Waverley will be fresh and full of run after a week off but unlike Sandown they can use the footy and will cut CPL to pieces, I think CPL know they need the week off to have any chance and are willing to throw the kitchen sink but I doubt it will work.
CPL will lose and play a 3rd game of high intensity finals footy against most likely Lyndale who got through pretty easily against BR, and I expect to do the same against Sandown. So an old/ tired CPL will meet a fairly fresh Lyndale in 2 weeks time and for a 2nd time this year will beat CPL and send them packing. Leaving Lyndale to face Mt Waverley who would have had another weeks rest and will account for them quite easily.

Even if CPL play Sandown or Lyndale and win, they are in the same situation. They will have to play a Mount Waverley even fresher and even more full of run, where as CPL will have another game in the legs and in the body.

Thoughts??????

So how do you think your team Oakleigh Districts will fair in the reserves finals? ;)

Oakleigh??? Bentleigh 2's will go very well, I expect them to win this weekend, however that is based on popular opinion as I haven't watched them all that much.
Also from what I heard, the u19's should win the premiership.

Good signs for the future, but that's for another thread, not Division 3. But thanks for your interest.

Wowee, gee wiz. With posts like this I'm suprised The Herald Sun isn't chasing you up to right a column. All it was missing was "I think the team who kicks the most points will probably win"

My 2 cents, Going on what I have seen over the weekends games. I think Carrum are done, unless they can pull of a miracle against Mt Waverley this weekend and get themselves a week off before the GF they are cooked. They looked old and slow on Saturday and if Sandown could of just hit some targets they quite easily could have gotten over the line. Mt Waverley will be fresh and full of run after a week off but unlike Sandown they can use the footy and will cut CPL to pieces, I think CPL know they need the week off to have any chance and are willing to throw the kitchen sink but I doubt it will work.
CPL will lose and play a 3rd game of high intensity finals footy against most likely Lyndale who got through pretty easily against BR, and I expect to do the same against Sandown. So an old/ tired CPL will meet a fairly fresh Lyndale in 2 weeks time and for a 2nd time this year will beat CPL and send them packing. Leaving Lyndale to face Mt Waverley who would have had another weeks rest and will account for them quite easily.

Even if CPL play Sandown or Lyndale and win, they are in the same situation. They will have to play a Mount Waverley even fresher and even more full of run, where as CPL will have another game in the legs and in the body.

Thoughts??????

Done? Tired?

This is the first time I have ever read that a team is 'done' and 'look tired' after producing twice as many scoring shots then their opposition in a final.

Tips for this week gents

Seniors
Mount Waverley vs Carrum PL - Carrum by 7 points
Sandown vs Lyndale - Lyndale by 10 points

Reserves
Lyndale vs Carrum PL - Carrum by 18 points
Hallam vs South Yarra - Hallam by 30 points

Tips for this week gents

Seniors
Mount Waverley vs Carrum PL - Carrum by 7 points
Sandown vs Lyndale - Lyndale by 10 points

Reserves
Lyndale vs Carrum PL - Carrum by 18 points
Hallam vs South Yarra - Hallam by 30 points

don't think carrum can get up. geniunly looked like they didn't care against sandown except for maybe a couple of players. mount fresh after a week off and 2-0 against them should be able to account for an already tired team

also think sandown will get the win this week. never have I seen a team so poor by foot as sandown was and I think they would have won if they had of been even half of what carrums efficiency was. if they can get back to hitting targets they should win.

mount waverley have been the best team i have seen this year and should win easily but i would not be putting my hard earned on them i have seen them do funny things come finals time. Wilkin deserves a flag he has been very loyal.
Sandown should win other semi in a close won by a goal or less.
Hopefully Sth Yarra reserves can play the footy they played last Sunday and upset Hallam.

Enjoy the sunshine!!

interesting so many people talk about mount not coping well with finals. surely the main group is different? just can't get why it could happen so many times that you gain a reputation for it

Different side every time we played in a gf. It's been 3 years since we last played in one so plenty of new faces. Not really feeling any of this so called pressure that other teams who don't make finals year in and out that label us with this tag cause the don't have any other ammunition. It's been a long time since those losses and we keep hearing the same old s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Different side every time we played in a gf. It's been 3 years since we last played in one so plenty of new faces. Not really feeling any of this so called pressure that other teams who don't make finals year in and out that label us with this tag cause the don't have any other ammunition. It's been a long time since those losses and we keep hearing the same old s**t.

Spot on, hard to compare the side they have together this year to any team from 2008-2011?
I'd be asking the question of CPL, they are coming fresh off a GF loss. Plenty expected from them and it looks as though just like last year, they are the second best team.

Lol what's interesting is:
2011 runner ups - Mount Waverley
2012 runner ups - Sandown
2013 runner ups - CPL

So the top 3 have all experienced it in recent years.

Maybe in AFL where team lists maybe change no more than 5 players from year to year you can say that, but in local footy from year to year a team can change anywhere from 10-15+ players the very next season.

Carrum are cooked.......the last quarters the last two games, certainly have been interesting.

As for the turnovers, a Div 1 backline helps....

Carrum are cooked?? Just beat a team who had only lost 1 game in the season.
CPL matched mounts attack on the ball early which set up a close contest, even when mount looked to have the edge after half time, CPL didn't let them get away, and in the end got the lead and didn't panick when mount came chasing. Credit to CPL, they played a great game and deserve to be in the grand final. Best of luck.

Went down and watched the Mount Waverley v Carrum game on the weekend. Here are a few things i noticed.

- Mount Waverley didn't seem ready to go at the first bounce, they had the wind in the first quarter and didn't capitalise - Probably cost them the game. Possibly the week off wasn't good for them?
- #1 for Carrum goes around trying to hurt people all day. Saw a few incidents which he arguably could've been reported for.
- Seemed like Mount Waverley had too many taggers on the ground. Not sure why the team that finished top was so worried about the opposition players.
- Carrum seemed to know how to play the ground, possibly due to playing there the week before. Mount Waverley played the conditions terribly.
- Mount Waverley need to address there forward entries. It seems many of them panic when under pressure and just kick long to there big man at full forward. He is usually double teamed and has little chance of winning the contest. Mount Waverley midfielders need to lower there eyes and hit up the other forwards in better positions.
- Dalton for Carrum was huge in the last quarter, pretty much single handedly won them the game. Mount Waverley defenders need to play tighter on him.
- I thought Carrum's ruck man controlled the ruck - apparently Mount Waverley's usual ruck man was out, Does anyone know if he is coming back?
- Although Carrum outscored Mount in the last quarter. I thought Mount Waverley had all the legs, they just used the ball poorly going into there fwd 50. Carrum would've had far less fwd entries in the last quarter, but hit up targets much better. This may not be the case if these two make the Grand Final - possibly Carrum need to be fitter? They looked tired by the end of the last quarter.

Lastly i realised that there is absolutely nothing between these two teams, and it is a flip of the coin who will win if they play off in the Grand Final. I really think it could go either way.

Went down and watched the Mount Waverley v Carrum game on the weekend. Here are a few things i noticed.

- Mount Waverley didn't seem ready to go at the first bounce, they had the wind in the first quarter and didn't capitalise - Probably cost them the game. Possibly the week off wasn't good for them?
- #1 for Carrum goes around trying to hurt people all day. Saw a few incidents which he arguably could've been reported for.
- Seemed like Mount Waverley had too many taggers on the ground. Not sure why the team that finished top was so worried about the opposition players.
- Carrum seemed to know how to play the ground, possibly due to playing there the week before. Mount Waverley played the conditions terribly.
- Mount Waverley need to address there forward entries. It seems many of them panic when under pressure and just kick long to there big man at full forward. He is usually double teamed and has little chance of winning the contest. Mount Waverley midfielders need to lower there eyes and hit up the other forwards in better positions.
- Dalton for Carrum was huge in the last quarter, pretty much single handedly won them the game. Mount Waverley defenders need to play tighter on him.
- I thought Carrum's ruck man controlled the ruck - apparently Mount Waverley's usual ruck man was out, Does anyone know if he is coming back?
- Although Carrum outscored Mount in the last quarter. I thought Mount Waverley had all the legs, they just used the ball poorly going into there fwd 50. Carrum would've had far less fwd entries in the last quarter, but hit up targets much better. This may not be the case if these two make the Grand Final - possibly Carrum need to be fitter? They looked tired by the end of the last quarter.

Lastly i realised that there is absolutely nothing between these two teams, and it is a flip of the coin who will win if they play off in the Grand Final. I really think it could go either way.

#1 from CPL is the biggest dog I have ever played against, and I would never use that word without meaning it. To run out on the field every week full knowing that all your trying to do is hit people behind play and hurt opposition players is just a dog act. I'm all for hurting your opponent in the contest as long as it's fair but to king hit someone behind play is just plain ****ed, you get jail time for that on the street. Probably where he belongs.

Feel bad for the bloke, use to be on an AFL list and now all he is good for is sniping people in division 3 SFL footy.

Even as one of his team mates I would feel sick running out onto the field with a coward like that, joke of a person, joke of a player.

We have footage of him king hitting someone behind play, fair chance we will send it through to the SFL and fingers crossed he gets rubbed out for the GF.

- Seemed like Mount Waverley had too many

from all reports he is very heavily connected so might explain how he acts if thats how u see it?

Unexpected win by CPL. I thought Mount were very timid and had way too many turnovers. Skill level of their midfielders was terrible and I believe cost them the game.
Wish I could change my bet because I think Lyndale will win this week and then account for CPL in the big one.

#1 from CPL is the biggest dog I have ever played against, and I would never use that word without meaning it. To run out on the field every week full knowing that all your trying to do is hit people behind play and hurt opposition players is just a dog act. I'm all for hurting your opponent in the contest as long as it's fair but to king hit someone behind play is just plain ******, you get jail time for that on the street. Probably where he belongs.

Feel bad for the bloke, use to be on an AFL list and now all he is good for is sniping people in division 3 SFL footy.

Even as one of his team mates I would feel sick running out onto the field with a coward like that, joke of a person, joke of a player.

We have footage of him king hitting someone behind play, fair chance we will send it through to the SFL and fingers crossed he gets rubbed out for the GF.

Don't make presumptions about what other people think, usually ends badly. Especially when you've got the intelligence of a blunt rock.

As for Nige, feel sick? He's the heart and soul of the club, and everyone stands taller with him out there. As for the notion of all he's doing is running out to snipe people? He was huge in the last quarter, was on the bottom of every pack, he plays the game hard and uncompromising.

It might of been a bit hard to see that 'resting' down forward though.......I think you need to concentrate on not getting your ass handed to you by Mouritz for the 4th game this year Stacey and less at jumping at shadows out on the field of the boogey man Nigel Scott....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back