SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed! Went past it after work yesterday, looking very ordinary. Cheltenham isn't much better for div 2

Word filtered down to us is that the surface has been judged an 8/10. Bit of water here and there that should dry up by Saturday.

There hasnt been any footy played on it for 3 weeks leading up to Saturday (Heathertons last home game was 2nd August). So I think it will be in top nick.

Ticket sales go to the league, Heatherton will makes its money from food and bar sales. And no it shouldn't be spread out because Heatherton would have had to pay for the privilege to host finals. That is what the tender process is all about.

And yes, you can park your car around the ground and watch the game from your car. Which would be a great way to see the game with Southern FM calling the game on the radio as well!

The team/s that sell entry tickets get money as well taken off there league fees I'm pretty sure.

Word filtered down to us is that the surface has been judged an 8/10. Bit of water here and there that should dry up by Saturday.

There hasnt been any footy played on it for 3 weeks leading up to Saturday (Heathertons last home game was 2nd August). So I think it will be in top nick.

I wouldn't say 8/10 but yeah it's not terrible, I'm a greenkeeper by trade and I'd give it a soft 6 at best.

Pretty similar to your deck in a lot of ways, apart from the middle obviously. In the end though once your out there playing you don't really notice much anyway.

E Hills Thirds team looked a class above thirds level.
Cedric LeGrand and a number of others could easily play higher levels of footy based on their athleticism alone.
I don't buy into the whole, play with mates reason, to me that just sounds like an excuse because you just wanna play against easier opposition.
Good luck to them.
I'm tipping Dingley v E Hills in the GF

E Hills Thirds team looked a class above thirds level.
Cedric LeGrand and a number of others could easily play higher levels of footy based on their athleticism alone.
I don't buy into the whole, play with mates reason, to me that just sounds like an excuse because you just wanna play against easier opposition.
Good luck to them.
I'm tipping Dingley v E Hills in the GF

Hard to predict Thirds, Skye flogged Dingley, Clayton smashed Skye, Mount did Clayton by 80+ but EHills beat Mount by the same. Who knows?

Cerberus are a great chance in my opinion, the ladder doesn't quite tell you a lot either with Dingley having 2 forfeits? Gives you the highest score for the week vs the lowest, hence the near 500%

Heatherton was actually a pretty good surface to play on... Very fast deck.
Change rooms were really good. Was good to get a half decent crowd down there. Good luck to the boys tomorrow.

Heatherton was actually a pretty good surface to play on... Very fast deck.
Change rooms were really good. Was good to get a half decent crowd down there. Good luck to the boys tomorrow.

Howd yous go today, wasnt at the game but seen the results... Who'd you play on, did u get a tag? Are cpl the real deal?

Tip for tomorrow? Who's season is finishing up and who plays Sandown next week?? Black Rock must have a big list of ins....

Result as expected today.... Unfortunately I cannot see sandown being a threat , carrying half a dozen average players which the top two don't....

Howd yous go today, wasnt at the game but seen the results... Who'd you play on, did u get a tag? Are cpl the real deal?
We started off really well and controlled a lot of the play all day but broke down at half forward, they set up real well and loaded up from there.
Having played both relatively recently I think Mount are still the team to beat. They hurt us on our turnovers, and a lot of them weren't exactly pressured. They are a good side and the better side won on the day. Simple.
I think 2 and 25 kept trying to make me accountable all day, but they played no tags.

My tip for next week is still mount. I think they will over run CPL, and with the weather tipped to be dry, they won't be able to catch mount.

Was good too see some support (and friendly banter) from some of the mount, lyndale and Hallam boys.
Things get heated on the field often but we are all just blokes having a kick with our mates.

As for tomorrow, I think lyndale are just a little more settled going into the match. BR may have all the ins, but they haven't played as a unit for quite a few weeks. Should be a good hit out, but I think lyndale will be too physical for BR and get up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cpl will beat mount next week.... Huge psychological issues for mount to contend with in regards to choking in finals while cpl have some very experienced players from better leagues ... My tip is cpl by 6 goals.

Boys I reckon if we play our best footy we could knock off anyone. We were in winning positions both times against the top 2 only going down by under 2 goals on both occasions. I'm sure Stacey would agree that we are a contender when up and about.

Boys I reckon if we play our best footy we could knock off anyone. We were in winning positions both times against the top 2 only going down by under 2 goals on both occasions. I'm sure Stacey would agree that we are a contender when up and about.
Hopefully you don't get tagged jay , will be a boring Sunday arvo for ya!

A few sore boys today, but we put ourselves in a position to win in the last. They got a couple of soft goals over the back to keep us at arms length at the end. Good luck next week fellas

A few sore boys today, but we put ourselves in a position to win in the last. They got a couple of soft goals over the back to keep us at arms length at the end. Good luck next week fellas
Played very well for having missed so many games mate, how'd the body pull up afterwards? Knee ok?

Played very well for having missed so many games mate, how'd the body pull up afterwards? Knee ok?
Thanks pal watched u yesty and tore it up also. Carrum never tag anyone that's why I like em! Yeah knee was fine I rolled my ankle before 1/4 time and missed 2nd qtr... It's very sore! Lyndale are slow on the spread pace is the key! Should be a good game next week good luck hope ya win!

Stacking dandys 2s has paid off for them agian well done !
As good as Grade 2 has paid off for you! Do you need to take it AGAIN? Footy season comes and goes, but stupidity stays forever #longtoughlifeahead #noshame #cantspell #cantproofread #my5yearoldspellsbetter #worriesaboutreserves #battler #worksinawarehouse

Why? Black Rock are probably the worst team inside the 5. Including Sandown who cant beat anyone but Hallam, Dandenong and E Hills.

Lets not kid ourselves its a 2 horse race, and 1 of those horses has a habit of choking on its water when it reaches the watering hole.

Why are people still acting like Black Rock were gonna be any type of threat come finals? I think i made the call that they were the worst side in the top 5 at the time they were sitting 3rd. Im happy to stand incorrect in time, but until that happens....

They say quoting yourself on forums is bad etiquette.

Cant quite think of the words to go along with this...that's right... I TOLD YOU SO!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back