NFL SEASON 2014 DIVISION ONE

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just looking at tribunal results and seeing guys getting weeks for "unacceptable equipment"

What does that even mean?? Wrong coloured skins or shorts??

Was just looking at tribunal results and seeing guys getting weeks for "unacceptable equipment"

Id hope not, as games Ive seen this year Ive seen umpires wearing black bike shorts and visible under their yellow uniform...Two sets of rules if it is...

It can (no black bike shorts with away shorts sorta thing) but most (especially as many are juniors to U19s) are ear/eye/lip rings.

Most likely applies to metal studs in football boots. As most boots sold these days have metal studs, player need to replace them with the nylon variety. I am sure many NFL followers and in particular Hberg supporters can remember Danny Nolan being reported and sent off in a grand final for not having the correct studs.

Qualifying Finals.
Greensborough vs Montmorency. The Maggies sure seem to have hit form at the right tiime of the season while the Burra have been a little inconsistent. Have been tossing up who to select and just think that the confidence of the Maggies will get them across the line with the loss of the Burra captain to be felt in this important game.
Bundoora vs Macleod. First up congrats to the Kangas for making their first Div 1 finals series for many a year, but they come up against a finals hardened and experienced Bulls team that will be confident of going further into the series.

Good day for football. Not very windy where i am but that doesn't usually mean the same for Preston.

Monty by 27 points for me. Peaking at the right time and loss of Bongetti will be very tough to cover.

Macleod by 15. I wonder if Corr will play a double game after a vfl final today? I still think they will get up though.

Any reports from people at the games? Great wins by two Clubs that have built very well over the past few years. Exciting times for both of them coming up. Would anyone had called a Greensy v Macleod GF at the start of the year (yeah its early but its a real possibility) or will the experience come through and we see a Tigers v Magpies. Lots of ifs and buts.

It could just be the NFL website being broken but currently both games next week are scheduled for Sat 6 Sep (none on Sunday) I suspect this is an error.

All you hear is people pissed that we play finals in Div 1 out at Preston. I know both sides have to contend with the wind but will people power ever take over the NFL money making decisions and give the games back to the people. What are the fair options (Epping, Whittlesea, Eltham, Diamo, Heidelberg are some that come to mind as usable) Looking at BOM forecasts it says light winds on the weekend....I think that translates to gale force hurricane in Preston speak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any reports from people at the games?
Didn't make it Saturday but saw Macleod come out of the blocks with the wind on Sunday and with straighter kicking could have had the game well and truly iced by half time. Bunnies made a surge with consecutive goals in the third and early in the last but too little too late. Not helped by a leg injury (hammy ?) to Cloke in the third quarter. Moorecroft's cameo proved he is still one the most dangerous forwards in the comp - the one he curled round the post at the Market end in the third was a cracker. Langford a handful and Lynch clever after a lengthy lay off. Corr very good while Hammer and No. 43 for the Roos ran themselves into the Cramer St dust.
Impressive display - dare to dream ?

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone from Greensborough FC can confirm whether Nick Riddle will play this Saturday? Has supposedly 'qualified' by playing three matches but doesn't feature in best players or goal kickers once. NFL should really look to outlaw this loophole as I'm sure the video will show that he did not play in any of these matches and was just listed on the team sheet.

Just wondering if anyone from Greensborough FC can confirm whether Nick Riddle will play this Saturday? Has supposedly 'qualified' by playing three matches but doesn't feature in best players or goal kickers once. NFL should really look to outlaw this loophole as I'm sure the video will show that he did not play in any of these matches and was just listed on the team sheet.

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/sp...-district-finals/story-fnmfj55m-1227040958576

If you can prove Nick Riddle did not play any of those games, either that he was not at the ground or was at the ground but never actually participated in any of the 3 games than you should provide that information to the NFL.

You are living up to your name "Moron" , obviously follow Heidelberg and are starting to panic !!!!!
Ask Moorcroft if Riddle played. He would have bad memories.

According to two, very inebriated, loud & highly obnoxious senior club officials celebrating a win over Monty on Saturday night at a Local Indian Restaurant (Cafe Spice), Nick Riddle will definitely play this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back