News New CEO - Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

His partner Alana Smith (of foxsports news fame) is moving to Adelaide with him so he's dead set serious about this gig!

On that note Alana will give the Crows WAGs a run for their money!

Rucci will be filthy, no chance of him getting any scoops as all our planned leaks will surely go through her fox sports connections, plus shuttleworths Chanel 7 ones. He will be worse than ever

Noticed on Alana's instagram was a photo taken with Sando back in March? Hopefully he can bring in some rugby blokes and teach us how to stick a Faggan tackle

No, I just set the bar a bit higher than "isn't Nigel Smart".

He was the CEO of a club in an elite sporting competition that missed finals 8 years in a row. Now there could be lots of reasons for that which don't fall at his feet. I've also acknowledged that the Brumbies generally won more than they lost over that stretch - maybe it was just sustained bad luck. All of this is why I'm keen to learn a bit more about him.

If you're going to bring that up then you should also mention four teams, not eight, made the finals in Super Rugby for most of his tenure with the Brumbies. They only expanded it to six teams very recently. It's a tad harder to make Super Rugby finals than AFL finals.

No, I just set the bar a bit higher than "isn't Nigel Smart".

He was the CEO of a club in an elite sporting competition that missed finals 8 years in a row. Now there could be lots of reasons for that which don't fall at his feet. I've also acknowledged that the Brumbies generally won more than they lost over that stretch - maybe it was just sustained bad luck. All of this is why I'm keen to learn a bit more about him.

I can understand why people are excited - for once we've looked outside our bubble and he is certainly talking the talk that we wanted to hear. So did Sando in his first press conferences. The frustrating cliches always sound fresh and exciting the first time you hear them.

So I'm sorry if I'm not ready to hand this bloke the key to the city just yet but I don't really see how my reservations could be construed as writing him off.
Brumbies are always competing against bigger franchises in NSW and Qld. They bat above their weight as far as I am concerned.

The only concern I have is how quickly he will adapt to the cut and thrust of AFL and what his understanding is of the intricacies of our game. From the info we have been given he should be a steadying influence and provide a much needed fresh perspective.

A terrific appointment .
Has the credentials and qualifications in business and club management and been successful in restructuring a club .
Think he might have just pipped you Nige by a 100 country miles mate.
Lets role up the sleeves on day 1 and turn this all around on and off the field .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're going to bring that up then you should also mention four teams, not eight, made the finals in Super Rugby for most of his tenure with the Brumbies. They only expanded it to six teams very recently. It's a tad harder to make Super Rugby finals than AFL finals.

Brumbies are always competing against bigger franchises in NSW and Qld. They bat above their weight as far as I am concerned.

This is the sort of stuff I'm interested in hearing. Although they missed the finals, the Brumbies only had 2 losing seasons while Fagan was CEO. In one way, it has a frightening "stay competitive" feel to it.

I find the bit about sacking the coach after round 2 interesting. Ruthless. Season ruined but it seems like a real catalyst for getting the Brumbies back to the top. Does anyone know what the story was there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back