What the supporters want - A message to Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

No way should we change our home jumper, it's us, it's our identity. The mob down the road changed theirs because they were struggling with their identity which is ironic considering they recon they are the ones with history and an identity. We are not so don't change it. EVER!

I've always asked do you want to be a person who is dictated to by history or a person who gets to create history? I much prefer to be a part of creating history, and we have started on that.

A bunch of happy squiggles is nothing to psych yourself up from.

You do remember that my background is in gymnastics? Often I did end up wearing a bunch of happy squiggles as part of my 'uniform'. ;)

The identity in a team comes from the coaching staff. It's a 'team' feeling, that can tie in with wearing the same uniform. Yes, there is some psyche involved in a strong identity. But that is built less from the actual physical look but more from the whole team buying in to the same ideals.

I managed to track down a couple of photos here http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trial-game-v-norwood.291470/page-13

View attachment 80427

View attachment 80428

I remember being a big fan of it it at the time. Something similar really should be our away/clash jumper (without the 2007 sidebars/back obviously).

Thank you for finding that. For some reason I thought the Crows Foundation logo was in blue above the hoops. A few of the blue McLeod Crows feet from his indeginous jumper wouldnt look bad on the Foundation jumper.

Look, I don't think that it turns dud players into world beaters but I also think that it's wrong to dismiss it as something that matters.

Sports contain mental components, they're not just the comparison of skill levels. If they were the games would be over before they begin. How your club carries itself- from the goal it sets to the image it portrays filters through. IMO that includes the Guernsey that players are expected to look at themselves and their teammates in and draw pride. A bunch of happy squiggles is nothing to psych yourself up from. Build a club and a culture proud of our club, proud of our history, and with a desire to not disgrace the legacy of those that came before. That starts with the logo/uniforms that we've put out.

I play soccer (obviously I'm not elite sportsman), and we have about 4-5 different jumpers. Not ONCE have I ever thought "Gee, I'm gonna be crap today, we've got Kit B".

I put my body & heart into playing for the club. Not some different colour.

If you need a shirt/logo to rev you up, you are doing it wrong.

3. Aggressively promote our club
- no more bending over and taking whatever the AFL request of us (eg. changing our guernsey when the other team should,
pushing back harder on travelling to Perth in R22 most years etc)
- understand that we are in a NATIONAL competition now, and that we need to promote our brand to sponsors, media, members who
live interstate (especially Melbourne). Port have killed us in this during 2013/14.
to be fair, the vic members are pretty well looked after. after match functions are well attended by players, and we get our own members day which is far less crowded than the Adelaide counterpart. agree with the media though. eddie mcguire summed it up well a few months ago when he said our club had been on the nose for a few years

CBD HOME BASE FOR THE AFC

I’ve read that some City Counsellors are concerned that we would stock up on pokies and that we should just buy a pub in the city. I agree with the no pokies bit.

However, I believe we could do much better than buy a pub. A good sized entertainment area should be a priority. Think back to how huge the crowds were at Wayville Showground in 97/98. We need a big entertainment space.

It was Ann Moran complaining, so why aren't we surprised. She tried to stop the AO development based on the greater importance of 'historic roses'.

Good luck trying to stop us Ann, you'll need it.

---

Lord Mayor Stephen Yarwood said he had not been involved in any discussions regarding the plan but would welcome the Crows into the city with open arms.
“What Lord Mayor wouldn’t want the Adelaide Crows to be based in Adelaide?” he said.
“But it’s a business decision the Adelaide Crows has to make.”
Other sites suggested as potential training bases for the Crows included Victoria Park and parklands along West Tce, but Adelaide City Councillor Anne Moran said it was time to put an end to offices and other buildings in the parklands.
“As for a training facility, that could be accommodated on the parklands but the social part like drinking and pokies — there are plenty of empty sites in the city,” she said.
“They could move into the square mile, even buy a pub like many of the other clubs do.”

Its-so-beautiful.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care how much OTR or Aussie Ripper Roast is paying us, it's not enough.

Play Hells Bells at 3/4 time, not flipping OTR.

I assume OTR is paying a good sum to have it at 3 qtr time, when a lot of people wouldn't be bothering to leave their seats, but it treads directly on getting the crowd pumped for the final quarter. If their sponsorship is too good to pass up, they should chuck it in the middle of half time where there's always a lull in atmosphere anyway.

Do not recruit O'Keefe in a playing capacity.

Don't allow Harper to speak in public.

Don't allow Sando to speak in public.

Win the flag.
Please Andrew take note of this.

Many times this year Sando gave away far too much information to opposition teams about his strategy / players who should be tagged by the opposition, ("Everyone will tag Smith from now on ... ", etc, and everytime the Crows football followers cringed.

He also used the mantra - The best teams in the AFL don't do this, or do do that too often. That perhaps is a style issue, and is more of an irritation.

But giving the opposition a blueprint of your game plan, spelling the whole thing out is just plain dumb.
Why would you give the media your game plan???
*Sometimes opposition can mislead the opposition by giving out a false game plan, which can be smart and keep them guessing - as far as I am aware, Sando never gave a false game plan. He should consider being a little more crafty.
* There is one other time when giving out a blueprint can work, and that has been adopted by Port this year. They have boasted about their running ability, and have used this as a tactic to terrorise the opposition, because the other clubs recognise that Port are pretty much the fittest and fastest side out there, and have a good structure to feed their runners, and it worries them how they can counter this obvious strength. Hinkley employed a tactic to scare the opposition coach and players, because he could, as they do have a clear advantage over the comp in this area. This strategy should only be used if there is a clear advantage, and all the links in the chain are there.
Sando tried to say we had a forward line the envy of the league. Yes forwards are promising, but we have not had a good structure to feed our forwards , and not all forwards were performing. So Sando should implement changes to delivery to forward line, and when this is working well, then we have something to terrorise the opposition with in press conferences!

SANDO - HOLD YOUR CARDS, PLAY SOME POKER OVER THE BREAK. YOU ARE A COMPETITIVE GUY. DEVELOP ANOTHER COMPETITIVE EDGE AND ADD GUILE, DECEPTION, BLUFF AND NO COMMENT TO YOUR REPERTOIRE.

I like Sando - he is likeable, but he HAS TO BECOME LESS LIKEABLE. LESS FRIENDLY TO THE MEDIA.

SANDO NEEDS TO BECOME LESS FRIENDLY TO UNDERPERFORMING PLAYERS.
Should use the sub position to send a message to underperforming players if he is not going to drop them outright!
This will make Sando Abetter player manager of those on the fringe of the 22, (RANKED 18th-26th best players) who were not given a fair go this season, and may leave as a result. It is to these guys alone that SANDO NEEDS TO BECOME MORE LIKEABLE - to the young fringe types Griggs, Lyons, Atkins who show promise, and those who will be snapping at their heels in 2015-16.

You do remember that my background is in gymnastics? Often I did end up wearing a bunch of happy squiggles as part of my 'uniform'. ;)

Pics or it didn't happen. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back