The Law The Terrorism Files - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The resultant inferno would mean these groups have achieved their objectives.

My wife is scared to go to the AFL Grand Final and wants to cancel our trip to Sydney for the NRL Grand Final. This is exactly what these terrorists groups are aiming for; genuine fear and public anger.

Wife is wise lady especially if you have children. The problem with this latest generation of testosterone raging ISIS adolescent kinder screaming about pigs and dogs is that it has developed via social media into a cult - rational thought just doesn't apply.

Ergo, like all cults, the ISIS social media turns them on with images and trigger points - eg severed heads, black facemasks, triumphalism. Eventually one or more of the brainwashed respond. Your wife is right to be concerned about the randomness of it.

I'll give this another month before calling complete BS, but it is not looking good.

From the raids, the accompanying news of Australian citizens being beheaded at random, and our 'terror alert' being raised to 'high' (meaning a terror attack is likely), we have only one 'terrorist' still in custody. The main piece of evidence appears to be a single phone conversation, but hardly a well-developed strategy head off (no pun intended) at the gate. Obviously there would be a lot of sensitivity around this kind of information. But The Coalition also have no peer in the art of dog whistling.....

Wife is wise lady especially if you have children. The problem with this latest generation of testosterone raging ISIS adolescent kinder screaming about pigs and dogs is that it has developed via social media into a cult - rational thought just doesn't apply.

Ergo, like all cults, the ISIS social media turns them on with images and trigger points - eg severed heads, black facemasks, triumphalism. Eventually one or more of the brainwashed respond. Your wife is right to be concerned about the randomness of it.

A 'death cult', perhaps?

Abbott clamping down on future terrorist threats to Australia and protecting our national security. The horror!

Finally, a Prime Minister who actually wants to protect the sanctity of our liberal democratic system.

Hopefully these raids send a strong message to those who desire the demise of our democratic values and ideals in favour of a cruel ideology that does not respect humanity's right for a decent existence, an ideology that spits in the face of Western civilisation and its Judeo-Christian moral foundation.

There is simply no room for terrorists or terrorist apologists, especially in Australia.

Last edited:
after all that we've had one charged and the rest released...and whilst the 800 or so police were off doing these raids, who was looking after the rest of us?

Abbott clamping down on future terrorist threats to Australia and protecting our national security. The horror!

Finally, a Prime Minister who actually wants to protect the sanctity of our liberal democratic system.

Hopefully these raids send a strong message to those who desire the demise of our democratic values and ideals in favour of a cruel ideology that does not respect humanity's right for a decent existence, an ideology that spits in the face of Western civilisation and its Judeo-Christian moral foundation.

There is simply no room for terrorists or terrorist apologists, especially in Australia.

you are kidding right

why allow someone on fire arm charges get bail ,

if these raids weren't propaganda from the pro coalition media .

Congratulations on your radio program's ongoing success, Mr Jones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gillard was a terrible PM, but I don't think she would have not arrested terrorists.

That is my only problem with the side-effects of disasters and issues such as this gaining media traction. I understand why approval of the party in power goes up, but is anyone really suggesting anyone in power including your average primary school principal wouldn't have handled the Malaysian airways crashes, and this terrorist threat, in much the same way?

Arresting terrorists and being against murder should be expected from our politicians, but for some reason it is applauded.

you are kidding right

why allow someone on fire arm charges get bail ,

if these raids weren't propaganda from the pro coalition media .

1) are you for real? I am sure the govt was consulted but I feel the heads of the relevant police agencies would have made the recommendations to act.
2) incidents like these are bi-partisan thus why plibersek and turnbull were in the media together demonstrating a united front

these incidents are very difficult to manage and rarely are managed well. there will be loads of errors but hopefully they are of administration, communication or an over-reaction in nature as a beheading or other terrorist event will result in changing our nation forever. No doubt, a serious event will see the rise of racism, retaliation events and further loss of rights and freedoms.

Gillard was a terrible PM, but I don't think she would have not arrested terrorists.

Arresting terrorists and being against murder should be expected from our Security Agencies, but for some reason it is applauded and our politicians get recognised for other people's efforts.

EFA

Starting to look like a piece of propaganda that would have done IS proud.

don't get caught up with the highs and lows of media. There is little doubt there is an issue and warrants a response but the reality is, it is a boring process of intercepting communications, building a database and then responding before events occur. It is one big IT and paperwork shuffle with very little excitement.

As a result of the lack of real excitement, the media creates a story for you to buy. then three days later, they turn on their own story to create another story you can buy. That is the difference between running a process and a 14 second sound bite.

Starting to look like a piece of propaganda that would have done IS proud.

It is working though.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...g-terrorised-muslims-say-20140920-10jdkw.html

"A backlash of hate crimes against the Muslim community after the police raids last week has also sparked a rash of social media comments such as "this is how they should deal with them", "behead them all", "give them a taste of their own medicine for a change" and "we just need to blow up parramatta n bankstown".

"Anti-Muslim sentiment has been felt around the country and people are reporting graffiti on mosques and attacks on homes. Threatening letters have been sent to businesses, bookshops and religious leaders with handwritten messages such as "we will fight you ... terror for terror ... blood for blood and ... bomb for bomb".

I can see this getting worse, sadly.

It is working though.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...g-terrorised-muslims-say-20140920-10jdkw.html

"A backlash of hate crimes against the Muslim community after the police raids last week has also sparked a rash of social media comments such as "this is how they should deal with them", "behead them all", "give them a taste of their own medicine for a change" and "we just need to blow up parramatta n bankstown".

"Anti-Muslim sentiment has been felt around the country and people are reporting graffiti on mosques and attacks on homes. Threatening letters have been sent to businesses, bookshops and religious leaders with handwritten messages such as "we will fight you ... terror for terror ... blood for blood and ... bomb for bomb".

I can see this getting worse, sadly.
Wonder if they will be charged with "inciting extremist behaviour" or whatever it is. Pretty sure Crazy Ahmed wouldn't be able to joke about beheading and blowing up Parramatta on twitter.

Divide and conquer. and people are falling it for ever so easily.

Interesting article - http://junkee.com/why-was-a-potenti...-completely-ignored/40723#Dp51QFkSabX08Yy8.01

Some good points raised on both sides in the comments section underneath, even though the formatting makes it a bit hard to work out who is replying to who.

Also this one from an American perspective - http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/217850/so-did-you-guys-hear-we-caught-a-terrorist-last-week/

we need strong leadership from both our government and muslim leaders to highlight we are united in making a positive contribution together.

if not, we are going down an ugly path.

I won't hold my breath to hear criticism from the feminist left, Destroy the Joint, Valenti types though.....rape to them is a bloke opening a door for them.

Because... the 'feminist left' support rape? Strawman doesnt go far enough.

Do you know of a single 'feminist' or 'leftist' person that would condone the above actions? Or that support ISIL?

Come on mate. Youre better than that.

What a lovely bunch

http://m.watoday.com.au/comment/isil-death-cult-obscures-its-rape-cult-20140919-10j15c.html

I won't hold my breath to hear criticism from the feminist left, Destroy the Joint, Valenti types though.....rape to them is a bloke opening a door for them.

The issue of rape in a war is an ongoing tragedy.

And your first thought is to use the issue as a tool against...the left???

What does the left have to do with rape in Syria? What is wrong with you?

Don't use rape as a political football.

The issue of rape in a war is an ongoing tragedy.

And your first thought is to use the issue as a tool against...the left???

What does the left have to do with rape in Syria? What is wrong with you?

Don't use rape as a political football.

It's the new feminist movement with there 'rape culture' hysteria doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back