List Mgmt. 2014 Trade/Free Agency Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder if the sheer youth of our list and lack of senior players is actually a turn-off for other experienced players to come here knowing that they'll be responsible for more than their normal share of "heavy-lifting". Other than Gaz who is a freak, our other senior players' games / careers have suffered to a degree due to the extra load placed on them.
I know you can only grab what's available, but I have always believed that only using 8 of the 16 possible "free agents" from other clubs as part of our startup concessions was a big error. Another four senior bodies would not have made that much of a difference to retaining our young stars when you consider those we've gone through already but it may have helped progress the development of the team and performance.
Imagine if the last 19 - 22 in our team were a Cale Hooker, Nathan Foley, Brad Sewell or David Hale type of player. No superstar but a solid player. All hypothetical but I think we would be in a better position now if we had recruited just a few more senior bodies at the start. There would have still been plenty of spots on the team for the kids and only those who deserved a game would have been given one. It seems as though the last few spots on our team most weeks late in the season were not really ready or worthy of playing in the seniors but we're there because of injuries and a lack of depth.

No to Polkinghorne.. He is ok at a few things..half decent mark for a smaller player but does nothing that well. After watching Brisbane the last 10 years id say a 8 possession no goal game wasn't uncommon. Standard game would be 10-15 possessions and one goal and a great game would be 15+ possessions or multiple goals..

2011 Best year averaged 16 possessions 0.6 goals. No other season averaged more than 15 possies. never got close to a goal a game.

On 5aa (unreliable btw) over here it's reported that Sam Day did a medical at Port today.

Take it as a grain of salt but thought you guys would be interested.

Rucci reported yesterday that Port are deep into a deal to claim a forward from a rival AFL club. Day could be their man. Rather they take Gorringe, but if they land Ryder that would nullify the need for Gorringe I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

day has been spotted in adelaide too , although that wouldnt be a surprise at this time of year. there have been rumblings all year about port really fighting hard to claim a name player and leaving no stone unturned. whether we convince one or not has been the real question for most. was strictly a rumour on 5aa so we have no real idea if its accurate or not even close to the mark.

No surprises he's been spotted there, since he's gone back for the break.

Day trade rumours swing around every year. Given how he was acting when I spoke to him at the club near the tail end of the year, he's not going anywhere. Really settled on the Goldy, having bought a house and now seeing a girl. Hence him saying he found his new 'home' when he re-signed for three years.

So yeah, just a rumour for mine. Gorringe is the one, really. Especially with his best mate at the club getting delisted. I'm not sure how many friends he has left.

day has been spotted in adelaide too , although that wouldnt be a surprise at this time of year. there have been rumblings all year about port really fighting hard to claim a name player and leaving no stone unturned. whether we convince one or not has been the real question for most. was strictly a rumour on 5aa so we have no real idea if its accurate or not even close to the mark.

Player from Adelaide spotted in Adelaide in off season. Stop the press!

hence why i said that wasnt a surprise at this time of year. merely pointing out that he isnt holidaying in bangkok. and i pointed out the 5aa rumours really doesnt mean anything could be hit or entirely miss. just saying port have been active into a player unknown to us, day may be the one or not. seems strange though after re-signing so recently as he would have known ports interest so makes me think its not day.

hence why i said that wasnt a surprise at this time of year. merely pointing out that he isnt holidaying in bangkok. and i pointed out the 5aa rumours really doesnt mean anything could be hit or entirely miss. just saying port have been active into a player unknown to us, day may be the one or not. seems strange though after re-signing so recently as he would have known ports interest so makes me think its not day.

:thumbsu:

Hypothetically what would you want in return from Port for Day, and don't say Gray...because I'd love it and would trade virtually anyone on our team for him at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back