Jonathan Giles

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong's first is around #14, right ? Giles plus GWS's end of first round compo for that pick is fair.

The guy couldn't get a game at GWS. To get him won't require the use of a first rounder. Our second round pick should be ample. A swap of third rounders with it makes the deal more equitable in my opinion.

The guy couldn't get a game at GWS. To get him won't require the use of a first rounder. Our second round pick should be ample. A swap of third rounders with it makes the deal more equitable in my opinion.

#14 to #18 is worth less than a second rounder by itself. Just saying.

Only if Giles said 'I want to go to Geelong'. And if he said that, lets call it #52, unless you have something less worthless.

Oh, and the flip side of that - if he says 'I want to go to Port', your first round isnt enough. Giles earned that from us.

I can't see first round picks being used for a trade involving Giles, especially for a club like Geelong who hasn't had a string of decent picks recently.

Second rounder worth for a club needing a 22 ruckman, third rounder for a club just looking for a 2nd/3rd ruck (unlikely Giles would go for that though, he's leaving because of lack of opportunities).

Collingwood, Essendon (Ryder pending), Geelong, Port, W.Bulldogs and even Sydney could be interested in Giles, hoping that he pushes himself as a first ruck.

[QUOTEis "Cleric, post: 35175850, member: 126055"]Crows second round pick for Giles. He hates Poort apparently, wont go there.

Port is a little bit different to when he was last there.[/QUOTE]
Never say never in football, but he hated the club when he was there and was more than happy to move on from them. If he has a choice between Adelaide and PAP he wont be at PAP.

Giles is a solid and honest performer

I can see him playing for the cats next year

We need another #1 ruck. We arent gonna get an Otto type this year. Hmac will probably go again but can't do a full season and Daws is an unknown after his 3rd back surgery.

We need someone like Giles to come in and be solid. A game changer would be great but its not likely. And Giles will get games with us.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon should be all over this guy. They have Bellchambers and rookie listed Fraser Thurlow? as their only ruckman, now Ryder wants out.
Which is essentially Tom Bellchambers. Thurlow is terrible. I'd be all over Giles, allows us a 70/20/10 split for Bellchambers ruck/forward/bench, and 55/30/15 for Giles.

Which is essentially Tom Bellchambers. Thurlow is terrible. I'd be all over Giles, allows us a 70/20/10 split for Bellchambers ruck/forward/bench, and 55/30/15 for Giles.

The other thing to remember is that GWS has been good to trade with for players it doesnt see as part of the core - the Edwards/Aylett for pick 48 deal being an example among several.

I dont imagine we'd be wanting a kings ransom for Giles.

The other thing to remember is that GWS has been good to trade with for players it doesnt see as part of the core - the Edwards/Aylett for pick 48 deal being an example among several.

I dont imagine we'd be wanting a kings ransom for Giles.
That deal was awesome for us. Edwards is a very talented player, but similar to, um, #2 for you guys (forgot his name) and will replace Dempsey in a year or 2, and Aylett is the one inside mid we have that isn't slow.

If you guys are after Ryder I'd imagine we'd look at him to be part of the package.

That deal was awesome for us. Edwards is a very talented player, but similar to, um, #2 for you guys (forgot his name) and will replace Dempsey in a year or 2, and Aylett is the one inside mid we have that isn't slow.

If you guys are after Ryder I'd imagine we'd look at him to be part of the package.

Curtly "WTF" Hampton plays in the #2 for GWS :)

There was a deal proposed over on the Giants board by an Essendon supporter of Ryder for Giles, Jaksch and GWS's second round pick (#21ish from memory) which appears to me to be a pretty decent deal all round, subject to everyone wanting to go, personal terms being acceptable and so on.

Curtly "WTF" Hampton plays in the #2 for GWS :)

There was a deal proposed over on the Giants board by an Essendon supporter of Ryder for Giles, Jaksch and GWS's second round pick (#21ish from memory) which appears to me to be a pretty decent deal all round, subject to everyone wanting to go, personal terms being acceptable and so on.
Grr. I really want pick 3 (to get McCartin) and Giles for Paddy but I also like Jaksch as a mobile CHF type. We already have a pick right before your end of first round compo so... Maybe something like:

Ryder + Pears (you guys need key defenders badly and he's down the pecking order at Essendon) for Giles + pick 3 + ???

Grr. I really want pick 3 (to get McCartin) and Giles for Paddy but I also like Jaksch as a mobile CHF type. We already have a pick right before your end of first round compo so... Maybe something like:

Ryder + Pears (you guys need key defenders badly and he's down the pecking order at Essendon) for Giles + pick 3 + ???

Thats a BigFooty special. If Giles says he wants Essendon, I'm fine with pick #48 for him though - he's earned that.

Thats a BigFooty special. If Giles says he wants Essendon, I'm fine with pick #48 for him though - he's earned that.
Yeah, I'd do that. But we really need to get top value for Ryer, and I see Giles as being part of that deal.

Yeah, I'd do that. But we really need to get top value for Ryer, and I see Giles as being part of that deal.
The only way you are getting a top 5 pick for Ryder is if GWS (or Bris/Port) give up a very good young player with a pick in a Tyson like deal with Melbourne and it becomes a 3 way trade. Brisbane and GWS alone aren't giving up their high picks for Ryder.

If Port land Ryder, doubt Giles would want to go there or that Port would want him. Essendon could do worse than get Giles - sure he is no Ryder but he can't be worse than Bellchambers.
Yeah, Bellchambers carried an ankle injury for the whole season so he's terrible :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back