Jonathan Giles

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, Bellchambers carried an ankle injury for the whole season so he's terrible :rolleyes:

Certainly the lack of pre-season training due to ankle surgery did not help but even his 2013 season was not as good as people think it was. He is too easily shifted in marking contests, makes dumb decisions when he has the footy and tends to kick a lot of his goals in junk time.

Certainly the lack of pre-season training due to ankle surgery did not help but even his 2013 season was not as good as people think it was. He is too easily shifted in marking contests, makes dumb decisions when he has the footy and tends to kick a lot of his goals in junk time.
Yeah, nah

Essendon should be all over this guy. They have Bellchambers and rookie listed Fraser Thurlow? as their only ruckman, now Ryder wants out.
You forgot Daniher but, I dont think any essendon support want him playing more than 25% time in the ruck. Normally I would say we should be all over Giles as well. I reckon we should look at the PSD or Rookie draft instead. Thats how we got Bellchambers, Jenkins, Thurlow.

Last edited:
Probably valued to us somewhere between our Rd 1 and 2.

Thus maybe Rd and a bit part player…. but GWS don't really want that….

Should be interesting.

Go Catters

do you really need another ruck? Simpson's pretty good, McIntosh is serviceable but more importantly neither of them can play anywhere else. Then there are backups like Blicavs and Vardy. And now Clark who is almost the perfect ruck/fwd combo if he can get himself right.

I know the Geelong ruck stocks were decimated at the end of the year but not sure if loading up with rucks is the answer. You're better off relying on Wells to stock up your youth especially as the likes of Burbury and co haven't cut it.

do you really need another ruck? Simpson's pretty good, McIntosh is serviceable but more importantly neither of them can play anywhere else. Then there are backups like Blicavs and Vardy. And now Clark who is almost the perfect ruck/fwd combo if he can get himself right.

I know the Geelong ruck stocks were decimated at the end of the year but not sure if loading up with rucks is the answer. You're better off relying on Wells to stock up your youth especially as the likes of Burbury and co haven't cut it.

Clark I feel will be more forward that ruck and is only gonna be a chop out at best based on the fact he doesn't want to do it.
Simpson I would back long term but he's in for his 3rd back surgery in as many year and can't be counted on.. And hmac is at the wrong End of the career and was playing hurt and could not run out a half let alone a game.
We need a reliable number one that can go 22 game a a year. The chop out option we have.

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back