Remove this Banner Ad

Augustine

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
I was impressed by Port Adelaide fans last season. The Never Tear Us Apart pre-game sequence didn't make me think that we need to do something similar before our games. Our club song is good enough for me. But what it has made me realise is that WE NEED BETTER SCARVES!!! I don't care about the singing/holding above your head aspect, I just want better scarves!

We can basically buy two types of scarves:

1:

Unknown.jpeg

2:
Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 10.34.42 pm.png

To be honest, it's not good enough.

Have a look at the variety of Port's:

75205_f3f4c32af23ab55f5ae8dafc2429ae69.JPG
safe_image.php.jpeg
986698-cabf4a94-244b-11e4-a9df-29aa57e785d4.jpg

So I have designed a few ideas just to get the ball rolling. Any more ideas of what we could put on them??

Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 10.23.21 pm.png

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

LMB Knitwear make the scarves for the supporter groups in the A-League, for around $10-30 per unit depending how much you order.

Located in Brunswick and produced from local goods.

Nothing stopping a few of us from here coming up with a design, and putting an order in with them.

http://www.beanies.com.au/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
The only scarf I got from the Club was in the late 1990's...I have it somewhere, I think it might have said Rooboys or something.

Only problem was the bright white text that it was supposed to be looked like faded bird s**t, it was a length designed for a 10 year old, was as scratchy as sand paper and looked like it should have been on top of bar wiping up spilt beers.

Total disgrace.

Still kept it though. :$

Wild Kangaroo

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Fitzroy, AS Roma, Italy, Melb Storm
I was impressed by Port Adelaide fans last season. The Never Tear Us Apart pre-game sequence didn't make me think that we need to do something similar before our games. Our club song is good enough for me. But what it has made me realise is that WE NEED BETTER SCARVES!!! I don't care about the singing/holding above your head aspect, I just want better scarves!

1:

View attachment 82045
2:
View attachment 82047

View attachment 82048 View attachment 82049 View attachment 82051

So I have designed a few ideas just to get the ball rolling. Any more ideas of what we could put on them??

View attachment 82052

No 2 is good

Wild Kangaroo

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Fitzroy, AS Roma, Italy, Melb Storm

1:

View attachment 82045
2:
View attachment 82047

View attachment 82048 View attachment 82049 View attachment 82051

View attachment 82052

Ports ones are s**t.

May 16, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I bought the members scarf this year and was pretty disappointed with how short it is. It was a good 85% of the size of my 2012 members one.

I wound up buying a basic fan scarf - the bars one with "KANGAROOS" written on it - at a game as I forgot my members scarf, and was a bit bummed to find it was longer, and better quality wool.

Surely as members we should be getting the extra-long, extra-luxury scarves!

Whats wrong with you people demanding scarves. My mum knitted me one in 1964 and it is still holding up ok. Ask your mums or wives to get going on the knit one purl one and problem solved. You kids want everything handed to you on a plate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back