List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
muahaha our backline is gonna be a force! with gibbo as 3rd up!!! Hat-trick here we come!!!
I think we should all temper our expectations. We're potentially about to be in a very good position to do it all again but a lot of this kind of talk reminds me of the Swans supporters this time last year when they landed Buddy.

Basically there's nothing lost in keeping a lid on it.

I think we should all temper our expectations. We're potentially about to be in a very good position to do it all again but a lot of this kind of talk reminds me of the Swans supporters this time last year when they landed Buddy.

except a whole lotta fun. the best bit out of our success is making sure the lid is well and truly off!

aaa.png

Why does everybody look 100% more likeable in those colours?

I'm at the stage that I am bloody proud of my club no matter what happens. I'd love us to give it one big crack at it last year, but if we weren't to do the 3-peat I would be so proud of our boys anyway. But seeing our team continually try to improve itself, and getting players like Frawley, want to come to our team means we are a destination club and its very satisfying to know we attract good players.

We should try and shop Lowden to Essendon, they are the most depleted club in the ruck division, with Ryder going, they only really have Bellchambers on their list and a young 21 year old on their rookie list and after all that is going on there could be a good chance that Bellchambers misses time with this ASADA stuff.

Lowden would be a best 22 player most likely.
You cruel bastard.

except a whole lotta fun. the best bit out of our success is making sure the lid is well and truly off!
Nothing against celebrating our success. Go all out on 2008, 2013 and 2014 but let's not get ahead of ourselves. "The higher they rise, the harder they fall". There'll be plenty lined up to stick the boots in as soon as we fail and last thing we want is dozens of threads and hundreds of posts claiming victory for a premiership 12 months out being bumped if it doesn't happen.

Quoted for truth.

The Swans with their midfield + litany of stars in the forward line + real hunger after a painful GF loss = a force to be reckoned with.
Fremantle's team + hunger from 2013 + one last real crack at it with Pavlich = a certain premiership threat.
Port Adelaide's midfield + run + hunger from the prelim + young determination = a significant chance.

We're up against it again in '15, no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were there any GWS posters with Buddy avatars this time last year? Actually were there any GWS posters full stop?
Are you telling me to be cautious? It is happening mate - make some noise. Rub it in.;)
Last year everyone in the AFL world was okay with us losing Buddy for chicken feed in return.
It hurts others because we have just gone back to back and we will be short odds to go for a three-peat.
Buddy leaving has turned out to be a blessing in disguise allowing us to better balance the side both immediate and longer term

Nothing against celebrating our success. Go all out on 2008, 2013 and 2014 but let's not get ahead of ourselves. "The higher they rise, the harder they fall". There'll be plenty lined up to stick the boots in as soon as we fail and last thing we want is dozens of threads and hundreds of posts claiming victory for a premiership 12 months out being bumped if it doesn't happen.
Mate I am going all out and celebrating the past and ongoing success. We are in rarefied atmosphere with where our players and club are and they deserve every accolade I can give them. They are true professionals and will not rest on their laurels. Enjoy it anyway you care to.

Mate I am going all out and celebrating the past and ongoing success. We are in rarefied atmosphere with where our players and club are and they deserve every accolade I can give them. They are true professionals and will not rest on their laurels. Enjoy it anyway you care to.
Nothing against celebrating the past and the present, or even getting excited about a bright future. I'm just suggesting it would be wise for people not to claim things like the 2015 premiership is ours at this stage because if it doesn't happen you're going to cop it from opposition supporters if it doesn't eventuate.

That's just my opinion though. Do whatever makes you happy, just food for thought.

If it's been reported by multiple media outlets (SEN, Hun, AFL website) there is a pretty high likelihood that Frawley will be a Hawk you would think.

Slightly nervous wait until it is officially announced though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back