List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted this in the wrong thread me thinks this morning :-
I hate doing these trade scenarios because I get quite attached to all our lads.
But here goes try this to size guys. I won't go into trade pick numbers & other player movements, just because of too many variables.
Lowden has been spoken of moving for better opportunities, Schoey is an Adelaide boy as well. Until this Ryder situation came up recently, my money was on Port to pitch an offer to Lowden. Now that it's very likely they will obtain Ryder & maybe Gorringe.
This now leaves us with the Crows as possible suitors to Lowden. They really only have Jacobs as a true ruck option, so a back up would be very valuable. If we could package Shoey in the deal too we could make like bandits here.... But...
reading some posts here earlier I forgot all about a one Mr Dangerfield!
What could Wrighty do to get a deal maybe involving the above players or others(O'brien, Grimley etc) to get Danger to us as well. They need Ruck depth the Crows, Schoey is a versatile swingman who gets to go home, as well as O'brien an upcoming KPF.
Do I dare to dream or is it possible? Do the Crows get some real value for Danger this year or risk losing him for nothing in 2015.
Either way we have one of the best list managers in Wright & I'm sure he'll do the right thing by us.

I don't necessarily agree with that regarding Shoey.

I'm hoping like hell that we strip Shoey right down and he has a massive pre season that is based purely on running agility and speed.
Play and train him as a forward.

If we do gain Frawley.

KP Defenders: Lake Gibson Spangher Frawley. ( development mode Brand Heatherley)
* Lake may not be playing every game, Spangher will be getting plenty of game time.

KP forwards : Roughy Gunston Shoey ( development mode O'Brien)
We will have lost depth once Grimley is cut.

If we do get injuries/player managment to either Roughy or Gunston, I think Shoey can potentially fill the void.

Resting Ruck/forwards: Cegs Hale.

Problem with Shoe is his Horrible speed off the mark. Slowest in the comp for a big man.

Stripping him down will not make a hugh impact.

If Chip is coming across without us offering major coin, does that reduce Melbournes compensation? Pretty sure I recall compensation factors in how much a player earns at their new club.

Are Melbourne allowed to add the coin to get the #3 pick over the line? Ie. if Hawks offer and Frawley agrees to 450k a year, but it needs to be 500k a year can Melbourne pay the extra 50k a year?

I'm hoping like hell that we strip Shoey right down and he has a massive pre season that is based purely on running agility and speed.
Shoe is slower then a wet week.

Problem with Shoe is his Horrible speed off the mark. Slowest in the comp for a big man.

Stripping him down will not make a hugh impact.

Shoey ran a 2.90 in the 20 metre sprint at his draft combine, that ain't slow, thats in the elite category.....weight has affected his speed, his knee injury has also affected his speed.
Lets at least try to train him as an athlete....I still think theres a glimmer of hope with him.

Who's the backup ruck man at West Coast?

Heard they might be looking at Cheney could we combo it up with a ruck (Lowden, Grimley)?

I don't know much about there ruck stocks.

Scott Lycett and Callum Sinclair. Both very very talented big guys. They'll have no interest in what we have.

Thanks for the input...but he hasn't always been this slow, I think the club has played a big part in the loss of his mobility and speed.
Looks like he lost confidence in his body, noticed when he was attacking the ball he wouldn't bend his knee's looked very awkward. It was frustrating to see how his form keep dropping towards the end of the season, I can see a really good league footballers there.

We had an absolute athlete when we first drafted Shoey......how do we explain the complete loss of mobility speed and agility.

Standing Vertical Jump (cm's)
1. Nicholas Naitanui - 78cm
2. Shaun McKernan – 74cm
3. Tom Swift – 72cm
=3. Stephen Hill – 72cm
5. Jack Watts – 70cm
=5. Sam Blease – 70cm
7. Ryan Schoenmakers – 69cm
8. Nick Heyne – 69cm
=8. Bryce Carroll – 69cm
10. Michael Gugliotta – 67cm
=10. Ashley Smith – 67cm
=10. Alistair Smith – 67cm

20-Meter Sprint (seconds)
1. Ashley Smith – 2.80
2. Jack Watts – 2.82
3. Stephen Hill – 2.83
4. Nicholas Naitanui – 2.86
5. Tom Swift – 2.89
6. Ryan Shoenmakers – 2.90
7. Nick Heyne – 2.91
=7. Sam Blease – 2.91
9. Luke Shuey – 2.92
=9. Taylor Hunt – 2.92
=9. Matthew DeBoer – 2.92

Repeat Sprints (6x30 m) (seconds)
1. Ryan Schoenmakers – 24.82
2. Sam Blease – 24.97
=2. Matthew DeBoer – 24.97
4. Nick Naitanui – 25.10
=4. James Strauss – 25.10
6. Ashley Smith – – 25.14
7. Stephen Hill – 25.44
=7. Jack Watts – 25.44
9. Alistair Smith – 25.48
10. Taylor Hunt – 25.49

Last edited:
We should try and shop Lowden to Essendon, they are the most depleted club in the ruck division, with Ryder going, they only really have Bellchambers on their list and a young 21 year old on their rookie list and after all that is going on there could be a good chance that Bellchambers misses time with this ASADA stuff.

Lowden would be a best 22 player most likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Melbourne allowed to add the coin to get the #3 pick over the line? Ie. if Hawks offer and Frawley agrees to 450k a year, but it needs to be 500k a year can Melbourne pay the extra 50k a year?

No they can't

The AFL has a secret formula too so we no one knows what's required

Giving him 4 or 5 years would help Melbourne get a better pick

Not sure the $ will be enough for it though

Think we should keep Schoe, always takes a full year of playing after you do a knee and a bit longer sometimes for big guys. Was in great form last year before he did his knee. You don't lose that ability. Looks like he has lost confidence, but he will get that back after another pre season. Should drop a couple of kg aswell, as he is a beast at the moment.

We should try and shop Lowden to Essendon, they are the most depleted club in the ruck division, with Ryder going, they only really have Bellchambers on their list and a young 21 year old on their rookie list and after all that is going on there could be a good chance that Bellchambers misses time with this ASADA stuff.

Lowden would be a best 22 player most likely.
Noo!
I actually like Lowden, you couldn't do that to the poor fella!

If we do gain Frawley.

KP Defenders: Lake Gibson Spangher Frawley. ( development mode Brand Heatherley)
* Lake may not be playing every game, Spangher will be getting plenty of game time.

KP forwards : Roughy Gunston Shoey ( development mode O'Brien)
We will have lost depth once Grimley is cut.

If we do get injuries/player managment to either Roughy or Gunston, I think Shoey can potentially fill the void.

Resting Ruck/forwards: Cegs Hale.

Agree with this. Unless someone offers overs he stays. Trading Shoe for anything over 20-30 is a waste of time. Once his confidence returns he will be ok.

Standing Vertical Jump (cm's)
=10. Ashley Smith – 67cm
20-Meter Sprint (seconds)
1. Ashley Smith – 2.80
Repeat Sprints (6x30 m) (seconds)
6. Ashley Smith – – 25.14

Can we get this Ashley Smith guy? He's just been delisted by the Wegirls.

Haha, yeah he probably wouldn't want to go there, but looking at Essendon's list they would make the most sense, but are notoriously bad to deal with.
Still think it is a mean suggestion. ;)

Did Essendon become hard to trade with before or after the Willow trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back