2014 V8 Supercars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bit random but my GF got to go on a few hot laps with Geoff Emery this morning around Calder as part of a sponsorship event. Had a ball, pretty jealous :(:D

That would have been fun when Geoff hit the top speed at the corners

Yeah, surprised she really enjoyed it given she normally hates fast things and sometimes gets motion sick :p

I remember they used to have ads on TV back in the day where you could drive a V8 supercar (can't remember the name of the business). Wonder if they're still around?

Racing a yank online last night and he mentioned Marcos leaving but he also mentioned something else involving Toyota......

Suspect the Toyota link refers to a soon to be former employer of Marcos. Speculation now over who drives the other DJ Penske, Pye, Wall or someone else?

you can drive them at calder.

Are people able to drive around Calder for fun (like how you can drive around Bathurst?) - I'm not far from Calder, wouldn't mind doing a few laps (not hooning haha) just for fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did the Fasttrack drive at the desolate wasteland that is Calder Park about 5 years ago.

Never driven a manual car before in my life, stalled it leaving the pits and coming back in, but had a great time.

They are obviously not Supercars but they look the goods and 95% of people out there are not going to be constrained by the limitations of the car.

Pushing 180 km down the front straight by memory on the short track.

i think it says on the fastrack site they do 'nascar' drive and ride stuff there.

but that was bob janes baby. with him gone i very much doubt theyre going to do anything special with it.

It'd be a good place to shoot the sequel to Mad Max, that's about it.

Word has it that there's all manner of nasty s**t under the Thunderdome surface, so I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon. The clean fill might not have been too clean. But I don't hold much hope for it's future redevelopment unfortunately, because as a piece of motorsport infrastructure it is certainly impressive.

I (vaguely) remember going to the first Nascar race at Calder. Got thoroughly confused mid way through the race of what was going on! We left when Gricey crashed out. I had a strawberry Drumstick when we left and threw it up when I got home. Ahh, memories.

Be great if the Calder complex could be upgraded, especially for drag racing. I'd love to see a whole complex open to the public with a track, skid pan, gymkhana, drag strip, etc where people can safely "hoon" coz it's fun!

Calder is more or less condemned. Appraently, it'd be easier to build up a new facility across the road.

You lucky ****! As a kid, I loved watching those races on tv. If I go to Shannons/state rounds, you think I wouldn't go to Calder?
Was shown live on 7.
Neil Bonnet won , Bobby Allison 2nd

is there anywhere to watch this weekends race after its finished, aside from the midday replays during the week? i wont be able to watch it or the replays and cant record them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back