Coach Welcome home Mark Harvey

Remove this Banner Ad

I think club legends need to escape the bubble of their "home" club to gain experience at other clubs, it is good for their growth as a coach.

It's bloody fantastic when they return home though. Welcome back Harvs.

Very true. I'd love to see Fletch do an apprenticeship at a few clubs as an assistant before returning home.

I think club legends need to escape the bubble of their "home" club to gain experience at other clubs, it is good for their growth as a coach.

Well said.

Welcome back Harvs, interested to know his motives

Assistant to Sheeds for 8 years, leaves for 8 years, comes back Assistant to Hirdy.

Does he still have aspirations to coach us ? could it cause us more issues?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome back Harvs, interested to know his motives

Assistant to Sheeds for 8 years, leaves for 8 years, comes back Assistant to Hirdy.

Does he still have aspirations to coach us ? could it cause us more issues?
I'm not sure how he is feeling now but he's always said that he'll never coach again because of how he was treated at Freo. Time can change things but I'm comfortable he won't be a senior coach again.

Crazy brave as a player - youngsters should YouTube his mark going back with the flight against North with Mick Martyn coming full bore the other way.

Will harden the young blokes right up I reckon, good appointment.

Last edited:
Yeah terrific player, almost underrated in a way and one of the most courageuos to ever pull on the guernsey. But to be honest I never wanted him to be head coach. Hopefully he'll be a good assistant.
People remember his hardness and tend to forget he was very poised, very smart and a beautiful kick. Was a great footballer, certainly in my best Bomber team.

Crazy brave as a player - youngsters should YouTube his mark going back with the flight against North with Mick Martyn coming full bore the other way.

Will harden the young blokes right up I reckon, good appointment.

and didn't he half dive toward Martyn at the final moment? Crazy brave...verp apt description.

Agree with this, just wish hird had done something similar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back