Strength Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

Remove this Banner Ad

would make a huge difference at the back end of a any program
Im sure you had 3x3 at 85 then 3x3 at90. Ps i think the actual weight was 90.9kg
85.5kg to 90.25kg.
then goes to 95kg 2x2.
if i didnt experience some drop off it mightbe possible. But i played this workout to rule. I reckon ill go for 3s next week, then see if i can finish it.

Last edited:
w1 - 5 x 4 @ 80% for day 1 / 5 x 2 @ 80% for day 2
w2 - 5 x 5 @ 80 / 5 x 2
w3 - 5 x 6 / 5 x 2
w4 - 2 x 2 @ 90% / 5 x 2 @ 82%
w5 - 3 x 3 / 5 x 2
w6 - 3 x 3 @ 95% / 5 x 2
w7 - 3 x 2 @ 100% / 2 x 5
w8 - 3 x 2 @ 105% / 5 x 2
w9 - 2 x 1 @ 95% / 1 x 105-110-115%

so did you just do the 2 x 2 week or did you already do that then went for the 3 x 3 week and only did 2 x 2?

w1 - 5 x 4 @ 80% for day 1 / 5 x 2 @ 80% for day 2
w2 - 5 x 5 @ 80 / 5 x 2
w3 - 5 x 6 / 5 x 2
w4 - 2 x 2 @ 90% / 5 x 2 @ 82%
w5 - 3 x 3 / 5 x 2
w6 - 3 x 3 @ 95% / 5 x 2
w7 - 3 x 2 @ 100% / 2 x 5
w8 - 3 x 2 @ 105% / 5 x 2
w9 - 2 x 1 @ 95% / 1 x 105-110-115%

so did you just do the 2 x 2 week or did you already do that then went for the 3 x 3 week and only did 2 x 2?
Week 6 was impossible. Settled dor 5x2
wait. I did 5x2 but i feel i would have gone short going for 3x3
Just realized i did 5 sets. Didnt notice the drop

you're gonna fail from time to time but if you make a long term plan and stick with it 100% then you just about can't fail and just remember any increase is an increase...it's when you set a goal for x amount of kgs in x amount of time you'll get in trouble because you'll never know how you'll respond to the program + outside factors...you've also got to know what a pretty good result is, like a 10% improvement in anything is excellent in any time frame so a 5% improvement (a standard improvement rate in any 8 - 12 week program) is still very good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but then I just lower the weight and start again. It's a mental thing about failing, but once it's done you're sorta back to progressing hopefully. And as long as you're at least continually hitting that same plateau then you're not regressing which is the main thing.

I think it also happens with incongruent goals like increasing bench and reducing body fat. Right now I'm trying to get abs and put weight on all my lifts. Deadlifts are beginning to stall, bench has, OHP has. It's frustrating, especially given I'm on a linear progression program.
I mean mentally. I feel so anxious to hit the weight that i worry about having to drop the weight if i fail.

Yeah but then I just lower the weight and start again. It's a mental thing about failing, but once it's done you're sorta back to progressing hopefully. And as long as you're at least continually hitting that same plateau then you're not regressing which is the main thing.

I think it also happens with incongruent goals like increasing bench and reducing body fat. Right now I'm trying to get abs and put weight on all my lifts. Deadlifts are beginning to stall, bench has, OHP has. It's frustrating, especially given I'm on a linear progression program.

Honestly, it will be near on impossible to improve your lifts while cutting. I went through a three month phase where i was dropping body fat on purpose, and all my lifts dropped. Natural body builders and physique guys will tell you the same thing. Hell even drug enhanced body builders will say the same thing but obviously not as severe as natural athletes.

Eh, a tiny bit? I see how the earlier weights progress (I do 5/3/1) and if I've ever struggled on the 2nd set I get upset haha.. knowing I'll probably fail (and certainly fail to exceed the required amount). But that's only happened twice in a year.

As for failing, I just grab a spotter. That was I'll probably complete the lift if not 100% of it and no problems yeah? Even just helping with liftoff is a huge benefit.

Yeah pretty much. I found trying to compensate by changing macros a little bit and on certain days eating more just completely stagnated any cutting. But cleaning up the diet certainly allowed me to maintain weight and put on strength, so I'll aim to increase Squat/Deadlift/ and maintain the other two and see how that goes.

I'm reporting around 23% BF with DEXA, so I think I can still lose a bit of that without eating into muscle too much. Will see!

Definitely, getting down from 23% to 15% should be pretty easy, a little bit more effort from 15% to 12% and then heading towards sub 10% is the fun part :p

Definitely, getting down from 23% to 15% should be pretty easy, a little bit more effort from 15% to 12% and then heading towards sub 10% is the fun part :p

Yeah I think that's pretty unlikely (for me at least!) regarding DEXA results. My understanding is they're the highest reporting method of testing, but I'm to excited to try.

It's also (and likely completely false) a good way to think how much I could pullup. Surely dropping 10kgs should mean I can now do an additional 10 right? :p

i swear these fitness ads here are ******ed. im on my mobile so no block but is anyone dumb enouh to listen to their s**t. "meet the people putting the fitness industry out of business"

Assume you're not on android then? Because you can install adblock.

Anyone know why the muscle(group) the day after a workout has mass shrinkage?

I read that a whole different way.

Cut cardio out of my program and start taking 14g of creatine per day as of Monday because I felt my strength gains were stagnating, already paying dividends.

Even though I hate the water weight I'm holding aesthetically speaking I really want to stick it out until the end of November to see how much strength I can stack on, not looking to bulk so will be trying to hit calorie maintenance for the most part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back