Strength Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

Remove this Banner Ad

Cut cardio out of my program and start taking 14g of creatine per day as of Monday because I felt my strength gains were stagnating, already paying dividends.

Even though I hate the water weight I'm holding aesthetically speaking I really want to stick it out until the end of November to see how much strength I can stack on, not looking to bulk so will be trying to hit calorie maintenance for the most part.
Dropping cardio out is paying huge dividends strength wise but I'm definitely less aesthetic despite weighing the exact same amount o_O

Hit PBs in Bench, Squat, Deadlift and Press in the last few days

:rainbow:feelsgoodman:rainbow:

not sure how intense or how much vol you were doing for but i'm thinking placebo effect here..a minimum of cardio will not chew up strength reserves at all but a good job on pb's anyway

not sure how intense or how much vol you were doing for but i'm thinking placebo effect here..a minimum of cardio will not chew up strength reserves at all but a good job on pb's anyway
also started daily 14g creatine supp and I'm LCHF and was in (borderline) calorie deficit previously too.

So basically no cardio, creatine and increased calorie sonsumption are working wonders :D

hugh_jackman.png

I have been trying to lean bulk and have been doing heaps of cardio and got pretty lean - went for a beach run with my daughter on Cup weekend (she is much quicker than I thought she would be!) and got achilles tendinitus (sic) - no running for three weeks. I used to be a swimmer but it is relatively inefficient as far a calorie burn is concerned/ should I get on the ergo? Should I just use the three weeks to bulk up?

Yeah just go hard on the weights, brother.

And embrace intermittent fasting!

If you want to still do cardio while your achilles heals use the tabatta method but just do upper body exercises like dips, push ups, pull ups etc.

Read the description:

Thanks mate been smashing upper body - idiot physio said running would be OK first so I ran on it and made it worse. Have Friday fasts - amazing how lean it makes you (still do black coffee though)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks mate been smashing upper body - idiot physio said running would be OK first so I ran on it and made it worse. Have Friday fasts - amazing how lean it makes you (still do black coffee though)
unfortunately achilles are almost the hardest part of your body to heal - very poor blood flow.

I ve been battling elbow tendinitis for years. It drives me crazy.

unfortunately achilles are almost the hardest part of your body to heal - very poor blood flow.

I ve been battling elbow tendinitis for years. It drives me crazy.
It has its compensations Physio is a beautiful young woman

my son was so impressed with the physio experience he had a few months ago for a twisted knee that he has decided to become one himself :)
After skimming both posts, I almost read that as if your son has decided to become a beautiful young woman.
Not that there's anything wrong with that

my son was so impressed with the physio experience he had a few months ago for a twisted knee that he has decided to become one himself :)

Good luck to him but he better apply himself the ANTA is almost as bad a medicine and law

I have been trying to lean bulk and have been doing heaps of cardio and got pretty lean - went for a beach run with my daughter on Cup weekend (she is much quicker than I thought she would be!) and got achilles tendinitus (sic) - no running for three weeks. I used to be a swimmer but it is relatively inefficient as far a calorie burn is concerned/ should I get on the ergo? Should I just use the three weeks to bulk up?
Swimming is excellent at burning calories.

Weird thing been happening with latest cycle of squats. Prior to this cycle for over 2 years, I'd get dizzy every set when finished and spend 2 minutes trying to get upright. It just stopped. no more dizziness. I don't know if its the suggestion here earlier (Forgot who made it) about breathing, but today I had a real grueling squat session as I missed a week being busy and no dizziness. But I think the migraines are still an issue.

w1 - 5 x 4 @ 80% for day 1 / 5 x 2 @ 80% for day 2
w2 - 5 x 5 @ 80 / 5 x 2
w3 - 5 x 6 / 5 x 2
w4 - 2 x 2 @ 90% / 5 x 2 @ 82%
w5 - 3 x 3 / 5 x 2
w6 - 3 x 3 @ 95% / 5 x 2
w7 - 3 x 2 @ 100% / 2 x 5
w8 - 3 x 2 @ 105% / 5 x 2
w9 - 2 x 1 @ 95% / 1 x 105-110-115%

so did you just do the 2 x 2 week or did you already do that then went for the 3 x 3 week and only did 2 x 2?
Ok so I thought I'd review your workout cycle

I found it relatively straight forward up until I hit 95%

For me it was 3X3 at 85kg, followed by 3X3 at 90kg, this was impossible so I settled for sets of 2 at 90kg.
The following week I hit only 1 set of 3 at 90kg(95%), then 2,2
The following week I hit only 1 set of 2 at 95kg (100%)

Today I was supposed to hit sets of 2 at 105% but I didn't even get one. I got the bar up 3/4 the way and the left arm wouldn't lift. I have stagnated here. Anyway i'm done with this cycle, going back to volume and get up to 5x90kg.

i haven't done this cycle before but it would be touch and go at the top end

my suggestion is to work on your weakness at this point (bottom, midrange, lockout, speed, technique, stabiliser muscles etc)

vol and intensity methods might be growing wary on you at this point

Hey guys. I am currently 24 years old, I will be 25 come rd 1 of the 2015 footy season. I had a year off footy and basically a lot of physical activities due to mental illness' and I put on 25kgs in a year. Long story short my mental demons are gone and I want to give footy a good hard crack this season. Along with training Mondays and Wednesdays for footy I have cricket Thursdays and Saturdays. All I am after is to get the right body to for fill my potential.

I have started to go to the gym twice a week and just doing shoulder and arm work outs.

Just after some exercises, training tips that are related to AFL footy.

I am 183cm and about 115kgs, looking to get to about 88-92kgs. I love to use the spin bikes are the rowers at my local gym.

I greatly appreciate any help you guys can pass on.

Thank you.

focusing on dropping weight mate, that will enhance your footy potential more then anything at this point

keep activity level high and relatively intense for the most part but look to diet to do most of the work for you

Hey guys. I am currently 24 years old, I will be 25 come rd 1 of the 2015 footy season. I had a year off footy and basically a lot of physical activities due to mental illness' and I put on 25kgs in a year. Long story short my mental demons are gone and I want to give footy a good hard crack this season. Along with training Mondays and Wednesdays for footy I have cricket Thursdays and Saturdays. All I am after is to get the right body to for fill my potential.

I have started to go to the gym twice a week and just doing shoulder and arm work outs.

Just after some exercises, training tips that are related to AFL footy.

I am 183cm and about 115kgs, looking to get to about 88-92kgs. I love to use the spin bikes are the rowers at my local gym.

I greatly appreciate any help you guys can pass on.

Thank you.

Good stuff.

Why are you only doing arm and shoulder work outs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back