Gippsland League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ferguson has let go of the reins at The Sale Magpies Footy club.
A little bird tells me there will be a strong push to intro a players points system for "many" leagues in the not too distant future. Existing systems in place at some leagues will be modified. Can't let everything on just yet but the AFL are right into it bigtime, for lower leagues around the state. It seems it's a matter of time.
This is no secret. You don't have to pretend you have inside info.

Sale has gained the coaching/playing services of Travis Ronaldson ( ex Coburg Captain, plus 3rd in Liston trophy 2007). He has also played in the TAC (Capt), VCFL, VAFA and SANFL with considerable success. He lists as being 196 cm and 100 kg (of private fitness adviser muscle). Has just turned 31 and is a very well educated man as well. Matt Ferguson to keenly play on. Shane Fyfe won his 5th Sale FNC B & F. Not sure if Ronaldson is related to ex Richmond ruckman Big John Ronaldson of the late 60's early 70's.????

Other tidbits around the league:
*Mark Collison returning to Traralgon as their new coach
*Morwell down to their final two candidates for Singh's replacement
*Steve Kidd (ex-Narre Warren) rumoured to be Warragul's coach
*Bairnsdale have signed local boy and ex-Port Adelaide defender Campbell Heath

The last piece of the coaching puzzle has been filled, with Morwell announcing former Coburg and Frankston assistant Dean Warren as their new coach.

Clinton Rowe has followed Collison to Traralgon. Pretty good pick up for them if it's true.

Has drouin appointed another coach since proctor decided to take another coaching position else where ? Are his mates that were coming back to the club still going to stay on ?

Alberton Football Netball- League Leongatha Football Club Francis, Tristan Pending 2015-03-15
Is this the former Collingwood rookie ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big news in the last week or so in regards to Darren Sheen, Sheen after being appointed an assistant coach at Heathmont for season 2015 has decided to stay at Maffra this season.

It's been quiet in this forum despite being two rounds into the new season.
I'll see if I can get the ball rolling again...

Rumour is Dean Warren was sacked as Morwell coach last night.

Apparently Morwell beat Moe after the sacking and said player(Chunky)was chair lifted off the ground as a result..Doesnt that send a statement to the sacked coach..lol
Today Morwell pumped Warragul for its 2nd consecutive win..Chunky Duncan BOG against Warragul.He was the bloke who was dropped and retired and then miraculously made a comeback after the coach was sacked..Something says to me that Morwell made the right decision sacking Warren..

Today Morwell pumped Warragul for its 2nd consecutive win..Chunky Duncan BOG against Warragul.He was the bloke who was dropped and retired and then miraculously made a comeback after the coach was sacked..Something says to me that Morwell made the right decision sacking Warren..
It was actually Funky Duncan who was BOG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back