Gippsland League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris(kangaroopoo) Kyriacou ex traf coach going to try get a game at moe!!!
Am lead to believe the club will hope he takes Matt(I need advance hair) Swenson with him!!

Mighty Farrell to play at Morwell seen him come out from a meeting with the coach the other day
Massive get for them will e interesting to see how he goes at the higher level

Saw Sales' Matt Ferguson in training gear at the w/e and he looks to have muscled up a fair bit in the upper body. Also after speaking to an official I was told numbers at pre Christmas training are simply superb, almost embarrassingly so. You can only give a senior/reserve game to so many players. Obviously a list spot at Sale is now keenly sought by "many" players from other leagues/teams! 2014 should see them very strong once again with just a few isolated departures.

Good to see a.burgiel has gone to a town that has a reputation as highly as his. The boys were saying down at maffra they went through his history on his phone and all they could find was his own name. Good luck their dh.

Kane Audire back to the club is a huge get. Our coach has amazing game statergies and brilliant training drills. Should be the Interleague coach!

Kane Audire back to the club is a huge get. Our coach has amazing game statergies and brilliant training drills. Should be the Interleague coach!
Forgive me if I'm wrong but this post looks a lot like the crap Liam(baysixer) Durkin posts on the mid gippy web site. Must be doing a pre season at moe, surely they cannot be that short of seconds players.

Eastern footy league forum rumour suggests Henshaw from Bairnsdale is going back to East Burwood. They are flush with funds once again apparently and are recruiting strongly, but are now in 2nd Divvy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No (Justin Berry is the latest name in the mix)

Leongatha's got a coach, though: Glenn Garner.

G'day All

I am chasing a senior practice game for either March 8/9 or March 22/23 if anyone else has dates that have fallen through?
Happy to travel and flexible with timing and format.

Cheers

whats happened at warragul? they seemed to be on the right track last season. it does seem like theres a mass exodus of players there tho, going by the clearances....

Watched 1st 3 qtrs of a practice match Sale V St Bedes Mentone (2013 VAFA Premier division Runners up) today at Maffra. Sale totally outclassed them with a side full of kids and newbies. St Bedes full of run early in 1st qtr but once Sale hit their straps it seemed to be a no contest. Lots of Sale senior players watching when I left incl Dessent, Quirk, Lipman, plus other regulars. Should be a good side again in 2014.

Just checked the clearances on the GL page, there's one pending for Jason Gram to Sale. Can anyone shed some more on this?

What's everyone's thoughts on my ladder prediction for the year?

Sale
Morwell
Bairnsdale
Maffra
Traralgon
Wonthaggi
Moe
Leongatha
Drouin
Warrugul

after losing quite badly to warragul, are you so sure about that?
Is this a case of warragul being slightly better than we thought or drouin failing.

after losing quite badly to warragul, are you so sure about that?
Is this a case of warragul being slightly better than we thought or drouin failing.
How bad are drouin,warragul have basically lost most of its senior side from last year and still won easily.its a long way back for both of them although I hear ellinbank could be on the cards for drouin if a few power brokers have their way.

How bad are drouin,warragul have basically lost most of its senior side from last year and still won easily.its a long way back for both of them although I hear ellinbank could be on the cards for drouin if a few power brokers have their way.

Drouin weren't that bad a few years ago, they put all their money and resources into those couple of years (2010-2012) and were unable to capitalize on their Grand final birth against those Traralgon scumbags unfortunately.
s**t happens, they will bounce back! although I reckon they will be in for a long afternoon this Saturday against Morwell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back