The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balotelli misses a sitter at the end, surprise surprise. Had he actually put away all of the sitters he has missed we would probably have another 6 points this season. He must be dropped now, I don't give a s**t if studge is unfit. He only gets back in the team when he performs well as a sub and starts scoring basic chances.

Glass half full - this is pretty much rock bottom for Rodgers and the gang, yet we are not too far off the top 4 mark, and who knows where Big Sam's side and Soton will be by season's end.

Anyway good night fellas don't be too sad, it will get better,

maybe.​

I'm no expert. Just a warehouse full of trophies from football manager. However I would at a guess say when you're playing s**t you probably shouldn't start your horrendously out of form lazy striker and then bench your best player from the last 2 games.

Should have won that. I have no idea how that ball never crossed the line in the last few minutes. The team that ended the match on the field is what the starting lineup should be next week. Joe Allen should also not be allowed anywhere near the goal as his consistently poor touch kills our attacks. Once the ball is across half way then that should be it for him.

I'm no expert. Just a warehouse full of trophies from football manager. However I would at a guess say when you're playing s**t you probably shouldn't start your horrendously out of form lazy striker and then bench your best player from the last 2 games.

Nobody else to start for Balotelli as I don't think Lambert can lead the line by himself. Henderson needed a rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am telling you Sterling is cooked, he really does look tired.
He is still good but he's playing at around 70% of his best at the moment.

Typical that on the day we finally keep a clean sheet, we can't manage to score ourselves... :$

The only times we have looked good this season has been when we've played with two strikers. Should probably have won it towards the end.

Please rest Sterling in the Capital One Cup.

I am telling you Sterling is cooked, he really does look tired.
He is still good but he's playing at around 70% of his best at the moment.

Yet we continue to play him full 90 (even when he is playing badly), and not start Coutinho who is in form

Rodgers is beginning to lose the plot

If this current run of form maintains, then yes he will. He doesn't seem very keen to change anything either.

I'm not really even defending the bloke, we've been pretty damn mediocre, but they won't sack him.

He's got credits in the bank after last season, and even with our s**t form so far, we are behind only two of our top four 'rivals', Man City (by 3 points) and Chelsea.

Last edited:
Based on the last 30 minutes I think we deserved 3 points, but we have to admit we barely deserved 1, never mind all 3 against QPR last week. That's football.

14 corners and we couldn't score, not even against Hull's third choice GK. You've got to be kidding me. That's "being Liverpool" for you.

Positives;
Another great cameo performance from Coutinho. The trick is for him to be as effective when he starts.
Playing Balo and Lambert together actually worked. Hull clearly weren't expecting it and it unsettled them. Lambert had some nice layoffs.
Gerrard was great. Some fantastic set pieces but alas no one alert enough to capitalise.
I thought Manquillo played his best game for Liverpool tonight. He looked to be proactive and energetic for the whole 90 mins.

Negatives;
BR's team selections are really starting to s**t me. Sterling is spent. He better not be even in the squad for the League Cup game.
Balo wasn't our worst but right now he could fall in a bucket of breasts and come up sucking his own thumb. Some great chances missed.
Allen and Moreno were both hugely disappointing. Allen took far too many touches and coughed up possession. Moreno was almost invisible.
Can got his chance to start and shat the bed. Completely ineffective and deservedly subbed.

Well that was s**t. What a great chance to win three on the bounce at home against a fairly poor Hull side. Then for the first 60 minutes, we just created absolutely nothing.

The only positive I can think of is that we amazingly kept a clean sheet.

We looked far better once Lambert and Coutinho came on and we went two up top.

Joe Allen is fine deep in midfield but if he is in any sort of attacking position he is rendered useless. Couldnt score in a brothel that lad.

I also dont get BR's thinking in resting Henderson. Hendo is in peak condition, is mature enough to handle but also not old enough to be tired. Whereas we have super old Gerrard and the super young and immature Sterling, yet they both play another 90 mins.

If we are going to rest a player, Gerrard and Sterling would be at the top. But then in BR's defence I guess he thinks he has like for likes with Hendo with Can and Allen so can afford to rest him whereas Stevie and Sterling are just too important.

Sterling though is down on form. Still playing well but as someone else said, probably playing at around 70%.

Really disappointing. A great opportunity too with United playing Chelsea and City losing to jump up the table but we put in a meek 0-0. Im literally counting down the days until Sturridge returns.

Next game is a Capital One Cup game vs Swansea.

Sort of hope we lose this because our squad can't handle all these short breaks.

I'm thinking our starting 11 could be

---------Borini---Lambert---------
------Can----Allen---Markovic----
--------------Lucas----------------
Enrique--Skrtel--Toure--Johnson
--------------Jones----------------

Subs: Mignolet, Lovren, Manquillo, Henderson, Lallana, Coutinho, Balotelli

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back