Charter underwrote bought peptides were not for human use

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...tide-at-essendon/story-fnca0u4y-1227107778849

Our old mate Shane Charters signed off that the peptides he bought in November 2011 from GL Biochem were not going to be used on humans.
In a further blow to the bombers, it has been confirmed that the only Thymosin bought by Charters was thymosin beta 4........
So what did he say they were going to be used for? Making me ask how could the company give him anything unless they were assured of what he was doing with them, especially if he had to sign them out with a statement? All very murky to me.

I'm not sure the defence will be happy to spout out that the only thing Dank markets is TB-4 my dear friend......
Don't be too sure . This is a murky and unbelievable as most of the stuff printed on this site. I would think that whatever any one thinksds outside the judge/magistrate , who ever, the only important set of thoughts will be in the mind of the bloke or woman sitting up there on the bench on that given time whenever that'll happen, and in court thats where it counts ,not the ramblings of several dozens of Big Footy experts , as we all are! Happy Summer folks.

GG is the most frustrating person on the planet.

Why do you love essndon? your bias an disgregard for the evidence is unreal. Its is blatently obvious what has happend here but you refuse to accept it.

Geez, it will be popcorn central if Weapon appears as a witness.

Can only imagine that Essendon are hoping that this doesn't eventuate.
EFA.

Luckily they paid him off.

Hird got exactly what he wanted from his old mate, Charter. Of course, the gullible will still think that Hird had no idea or influence in what Charter and Dank were up to.

No one has ever suggested that Charter purchased Thymomodulin.

It is already contained in the ASADA evidence forming part of the interim report that an anti-aging clinic paid Alavi for the TB4.
So who bought the thymomodulin then, where are the receipts the paperwork, strange that there is a trail a mile long pointing to the use of thymosin beta4 including Dank admitting it on national TV but nothing except a photo of a bottle of Thymomodulin taken well after this all began, to prove its use?

Has the Thymosin beta 4 bought from China actually been analysed and found to be thymosin beta 4, you can never to be to sure. :)

Does ASADA have an answer for that ?.

ASDA expects us to join the dots.

I'm dumbfounded too.

It's the main reason I don't have sympathy for the players. I can't help but feel they're covering their arses. Anyone in their right mind would break away from the pack mentality and demand answers.

It's genuinely staggering.
Two things to ponder when observing this lack of outrage or concern.

What is the behaviour we are witnessing? Is it one of being complicit with the program, or one of being duped by it.

I can understand if they felt they were going to be looked after and so they didn't really question it too much, but that time has passed, and at some point if they truly didn't have any clue what was really being injected into their bodies they would've or should've broken free of the group.

No doubt they've been fed a heap of bullshit along the way by Hird, Little and the EFC, to keep them in their corner.

Has the Thymosin beta 4 bought from China actually been analysed and found to be thymosin beta 4, you can never to be to sure. :)

Does ASADA have an answer for that ?.

ASDA expects us to join the dots.
They expect YOU to join the dots?

That's very strange that you are required to do anything with this case!

Have they sent you any requests to do anything with the case?

Have you actually seen all of their evidence to enable you to join the dots?

Why are you so privileged to have been asked to join the aforementioned dots?

It is possible but I believe it would have been hinted at in the ACC report so IMO it is very unlikely, all the indications in the ACC report were that these drugs were administered to players at the football clubs. If the ACC report thought that Dank was ripping the club off and using it as a front to increase his business through Fraud I doubt the indications at use of prohibited substances would have been so strong

I just fail to see the link, Dank used Prohibited substances on Earl, Dank used prohibited substances at Cronulla but then committed Fraud at Essendon and was actually using the prohibited substances for patients in his business, which in reality he is only a Shareholder in.
I agree it doesn't look great like that which is what I am obviously concerned Tb4 was used.

Though a few questions, the Sharks players some continued to use some substances after teh program finished. Not through the club, through some of Dank's mates. Were the banned substances from then or when Dank was in charge (or both)

The other one is, I've had mixed talk on if Tb4 is legal to import. Legal to sell I know it right some have said it is illegal to import it. Would that be an angle the police etc would be looking at? Was the club used to import it, and than was it used at the club etc.

If it was illegal to import, would Charters have something to hide. The ACC for certain would know the answer to that one.

So what did he say they were going to be used for? Making me ask how could the company give him anything unless they were assured of what he was doing with them, especially if he had to sign them out with a statement? All very murky to me.
I suspect that the company didn't really give a * what he was doing with it. If they had a signed disclaimer from charter that it wasn't going to be used on humans then they're in the clear if it goes pear shaped later. The chemical company are merely protecting themselves from a potential lawsuit

Players have been sticking together for 2 years, sticking together in all likelihood because they believe they are completely innocent, to any one with common sense this makes complete sense.

The scrutiny from the media, fans, family, the AFL has been intense and unrelenting, if only one player had doubts about what they had taken they would have spilled their guts to all and sundry by now.

It is very sad that so many posters on this board are consistently giving the players a hard time, some of more well known posters will hopefully be making apologies in the near future, but I am not holding my breath.

Two things to ponder when observing this lack of outrage or concern.

What is the behaviour we are witnessing? Is it one of being complicit with the program, or one of being duped by it.

I can understand if they felt they were going to be looked after and so they didn't really question it too much, but that time has passed, and at some point if they truly didn't have any clue what was really being injected into their bodies they would've or should've broken free of the group.

No doubt they've been fed a heap of bullshit along the way by Hird, Little and the EFC, to keep them in their corner.
I think they've been advised that their only hope of avoiding sanction is to stay to the script.

Until now, there has been little in the way of realised threats, its all speculation so far and until they are hit with the tribunal process, there probably is no reason for anyone to break away. The tribunal will either make or break them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this caught my eye:

Mr Charter met his lawyers this week to discuss whether appearing as a witness in the ASADA case would put him at risk of self-incrimination. The current criminal proceedings against him, the result of a sting operation last year by Victoria Police detectives from the anti-gangland Purana taskforce, are not related to the Essendon case.

do you reckon his lawyers were saying to him "yeah nah it's cool mate, go for it?"

I don't
Way to miss the crux of an article, he has already given evidence if not there in person it will weaken the case slightly but on the balance of probabilities Essendon are farked.

We know the players took some fom of thymosin, there is a ton of eveidence it was tb4 and 1 photo to prove it was thymomodulin, if Essendon get off there will be much anger in the football World, even you deep down must realise now that what they took was the banned substance TB4?

They expect YOU to join the dots?

That's very strange that you are required to do anything with this case!

Have they sent you any requests to do anything with the case?

Have you actually seen all of their evidence to enable you to join the dots?

Why are you so privileged to have been asked to join the aforementioned dots?

Did you have a big night ?.

You are certainly starting out slow today

Players have been sticking together for 2 years, sticking together in all likelihood because they believe they are completely innocent, to any one with common sense this makes complete sense.

The scrutiny from the media, fans, family, the AFL has been intense and unrelenting, if only one player had doubts about what they had taken they would have spilled their guts to all and sundry by now.

It is very sad that so many posters on this board are consistently giving the players a hard time, some of more well known posters will hopefully be making apologies in the near future, but I am not holding my breath.
The are likely sticking together in the hope they are innocent as this is what the spin doctors at Essendon have told them, if they are innocent show us the receipts for thymomodulin or let us know where it was purchased give us something other than a photo of a bottle that could have come from anywhere.

people keep overlooking this. There's no reason why he would. He doesn't have to. It's not like he's lying on a beach, he does have a few things going on at the moment that might take precedence
I cant see how that will get the players off, there is a string of paperwork there is other witnesses there is still Charters written testimony, the emails between Hird, Chaters etc, the "accidental meeting", now this information from China, I would think anyone that doesn't have an interest in getting the players off would realise they are in deep s**t.

All Essendon has to do is find the person that sold them the legal substance Thymomodulin that should be easy after all it is legal, its no use to a footballer but forgetting that just show the tribunal the receipt of purchase or the name of the compounding chemist.

At the time I think the players were of the belief that what they were doing under the clubs instruction was above board even if somewhat unusual. I don't think any player thought they were cheating

As information has come out Id be surprised if the players haven't been asking questions behind closed doors about what they were given and how the club has been handling the matter. The fact remains even if they suspect that they might have been duped and given a banned substance, their best chance of getting off us to stick fat with the club. If one of them decides that they have been duped and given a banned substance then they need to break ranks and attempt to strike a deal - that means admitting guilt which would be difficult for someone who genuinely believes they haven't done anything wrong

That the players still seem to support Hird I find harder to reconcile

No my good friend, I am not suggesting that it's all over for ASADA.

I am suggesting the same thing I have suggested for months, confirmed McDevitt himself, that there are gaps in ASADA's evdience.

Gaps which the majority on this board are not keen on discussing.
Possibly because we all keep falling into the massive gaps in the players defence?

So what I'm getting from this and other recent threads is that Essendon supporters, and the various apologists, hopes have shifted from them getting off on a legal technicality that sees evidence thrown out, to having key witnesses either discredited or not testify. You'd like to think they had something stronger than that like a plausible defense that begins with, "here are all the records of the non-prohibited supplements our players were injected with and here are all the invoices for their legal purchase."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back