GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me
So far it has been a good swap thanks mate, yes you are correct we have McKenzie as assisant coach, quality player and bloke then you throw a couple more fom Winch including Mench and Vanderklooster who are training well.....ha ha the last bit was a joke.
mensch and VanderKlooster will be fit they've been training at 3 clubs haven't they?

VARDY a LION: K-Rock footy website: BELMONT Lions have delivered on their plan to add more firepower up forward for the 2015 season as they look to end an eight-year finals drought, announcing the arrival of Ben Vardy and Michael Leamer.
Vardy, the brother of Geelong big man Nathan, has TAC Cup experience with Gippsland Power and arrives at Winter Reserve from Alberton league club Toora.
While Leamer kicked 111 goals in 43 games with Kedron during its stint in various QAFL competitions.
It is another handy addition for the Lions, who announced the arrival of star GDFL Team of the Year backman Brad MacKenzie from Winchelsea in September.

Mackenzie a great pick up quality player. Vardy played in a league ranked 27 vs GDFL ranked 21, Toora down the bottom end of the ladder he only kicked 12 goals ( fire power up forward?) for the year and in their best players 8 times 3 times named best . Leamer is he a small or tall?

Mackenzie a great pick up quality player. Vardy played in a league ranked 27 vs GDFL ranked 21, Toora down the bottom end of the ladder he only kicked 12 goals ( fire power up forward?) for the year and in their best players 8 times 3 times named best . Leamer is he a small or tall?

Apparently Vardy had to play up the ground and in the ruck for Toora who were struggling, he will be handy recruit but this Leamer could be the surprise packet, medium tall, athletic, looks like he can take a grab and good on the ground, someone said he could be abit of a Bruguet type full forward but please dont compare him to that, it was just a remark, Bruguet is a gun, hopefully Leamer can be half as good and share a few goals with Vardy.

Steven Oliver and all the Lorne boys at Winch are apparently heading back to Lorne.. Dolphins seem to be getting back on track and Winch seem to be heading backwards.

Steven Oliver and all the Lorne boys at Winch are apparently heading back to Lorne.. Dolphins seem to be getting back on track and Winch seem to be heading backwards.
Didn't Winch fund their new buildings from income from Past Players Days? Someone needs to put a lock on the revolving door down at the Gun Club they've been through some players in the past few years

Really?whats wrong with doggy ryan?

I was told that he was just not very well liked by a good majority of the team. Look the person telling me this could have just been feeding me a load of crap but I know this person & i know he wouldn't have been.

I was told that he was just not very well liked by a good majority of the team. Look the person telling me this could have just been feeding me a load of crap but I know this person & i know he wouldn't have been.

surely genuine contenders next season though

jordan caruthers to north geelong, heard they picked up a few. north geelong surely premiers this year

North Geelong were playing all year wondering how much they were going to win the flag by this year. In the end they were 60 odd points wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Geelong were playing all year wondering how much they were going to win the flag by this year. In the end they were 60 odd points wrong

haha true, but they cracked man. BPH experience with grand finals. Your saying NG at there very best vs BPH at there very best wouldnt be a close game?

haha true, but they cracked man. BPH experience with grand finals. Your saying NG at there very best vs BPH at there very best wouldnt be a close game?

It could be, I'd still have my pennies on bph. Player for player, the depth and over the long haul they've proved time and time again there a team that play for each other and by remarks about north Geelong coach whereas grgic is god with the players. Now is a different challenge for them being the hunted as north Geelong were last year. Shapes up to an exciting year and no doubt north and fellow teams will be coming. Have inverleigh added to their list? Robbie logue asked about earlier is he leaving ?

It could be, I'd still have my pennies on bph. Player for player, the depth and over the long haul they've proved time and time again there a team that play for each other and by remarks about north Geelong coach whereas grgic is god with the players. Now is a different challenge for them being the hunted as north Geelong were last year. Shapes up to an exciting year and no doubt north and fellow teams will be coming. Have inverleigh added to their list? Robbie logue asked about earlier is he leaving ?

Justin DiBlasio to inverleigh

Nah not that I know of, just wanted to know if he was any good haha.

The 2015 GDFL draw is on Krock local footy website for anyone who hasnt seen it, I know the below is abit long but it is quite interesting to see who the clubs play once and you can work out who they have to play twice, pending clubs recruiting and improving the draw looks ok for a few clubs like North (god help us) and Belmont avoid both North and BPH and Bannockburn avoid BPH, East, and Inver. It looks like the bottom four from this year have to play most of the top teams twice which could make it hard to push up the ladder.

K-ROCK: With 12 teams in an 18 round season meaning not everyone plays each other twice, it is who you play once that could be the difference between playing finals or watching on during the business end of the season.
Unlike the GFL fixture, which also features 12 teams in an 18 round competition, the GDFL fixture ensures everyone plays each other once before meeting another side twice.
The once-only meetings take place for all clubs from Round 8-11.
Bell Post Hill: Bannockburn (Round 8-a), North Geelong (Round 9-h) Werribee Centrals (Round 10-a) Belmont Lions (Round 11-h)
North Geelong: Belmont Lions (Round 8-h), Bell Post Hill (Round 9-a), East Geelong (Round 10-h), Inverleigh (Round 11-a)
Inverleigh: Anakie (Round 8-a), Winchelsea (Round 9-h), Bannockburn (Round 10-a), North Geelong (R11-h)
East Geelong: Winchelsea (Round 8-a) Bannockburn (Round 9-h), North Geelong (Round 10-a), Werribee Centrals (Round 11-h)
Winchelsea: East Geelong (Round 8-h), Inverleigh (Round 9-a), Corio (Round 10-h), Geelong West (Round 11-a)
Werribee Centrals: Thomson (Round 8-h), Belmont Lions (Round 9-a), Bell Post Hill (Round 10-h), East Geelong (Round 11-a)
Bannockburn: Bell Post Hill (Round 8-h), East Geelong (Round 9-a), Inverleigh (Round 10-h), Corio (Round 11-a)
Belmont Lions: North Geelong (Round 8-a), Werribee Centrals (Round 9-h), Thomson (Round 10-h), Round 11 (Bell Post Hill (a)
Geelong West: Corio (Round 8-h), Thomson (Round 9-a), Anakie (Round 10-a), Winchelsea (Round 11-h)
Anakie: Inverleigh (Round 8-h), Corio (Round 9-a), Geelong West (Round 10-h), Thomson (Round 11-a)
Corio: Geelong West (Round 8-a), Anakie (Round 9-h), Winchelsea (Round 10-a), Bannockburn (Round 11-h)
Thomson: Werribee Centrals (Round 8-a), Geelong West (Round 9-h), Belmont Lions (Round 10-a), Anakie (Round 11-h)

The 2015 GDFL draw is on Krock local footy website for anyone who hasnt seen it, I know the below is abit long but it is quite interesting to see who the clubs play once and you can work out who they have to play twice, pending clubs recruiting and improving the draw looks ok for a few clubs like North (god help us) and Belmont avoid both North and BPH and Bannockburn avoid BPH, East, and Inver. It looks like the bottom four from this year have to play most of the top teams twice which could make it hard to push up the ladder.

K-ROCK: With 12 teams in an 18 round season meaning not everyone plays each other twice, it is who you play once that could be the difference between playing finals or watching on during the business end of the season.
Unlike the GFL fixture, which also features 12 teams in an 18 round competition, the GDFL fixture ensures everyone plays each other once before meeting another side twice.
The once-only meetings take place for all clubs from Round 8-11.
Bell Post Hill: Bannockburn (Round 8-a), North Geelong (Round 9-h) Werribee Centrals (Round 10-a) Belmont Lions (Round 11-h)
North Geelong: Belmont Lions (Round 8-h), Bell Post Hill (Round 9-a), East Geelong (Round 10-h), Inverleigh (Round 11-a)
Inverleigh: Anakie (Round 8-a), Winchelsea (Round 9-h), Bannockburn (Round 10-a), North Geelong (R11-h)
East Geelong: Winchelsea (Round 8-a) Bannockburn (Round 9-h), North Geelong (Round 10-a), Werribee Centrals (Round 11-h)
Winchelsea: East Geelong (Round 8-h), Inverleigh (Round 9-a), Corio (Round 10-h), Geelong West (Round 11-a)
Werribee Centrals: Thomson (Round 8-h), Belmont Lions (Round 9-a), Bell Post Hill (Round 10-h), East Geelong (Round 11-a)
Bannockburn: Bell Post Hill (Round 8-h), East Geelong (Round 9-a), Inverleigh (Round 10-h), Corio (Round 11-a)
Belmont Lions: North Geelong (Round 8-a), Werribee Centrals (Round 9-h), Thomson (Round 10-h), Round 11 (Bell Post Hill (a)
Geelong West: Corio (Round 8-h), Thomson (Round 9-a), Anakie (Round 10-a), Winchelsea (Round 11-h)
Anakie: Inverleigh (Round 8-h), Corio (Round 9-a), Geelong West (Round 10-h), Thomson (Round 11-a)
Corio: Geelong West (Round 8-a), Anakie (Round 9-h), Winchelsea (Round 10-a), Bannockburn (Round 11-h)
Thomson: Werribee Centrals (Round 8-a), Geelong West (Round 9-h), Belmont Lions (Round 10-a), Anakie (Round 11-h)

yes we know....

Corio are on the verge of folding! MEeting have be held with them over the past fortnight and I belive another tonight at league headquaters to decide their future. Das to see the devils on their knees and going out this way...

It's only December. They have time to sort things out before the season. Unless they'd are in huge debt or something but they have been offering inflated $$$ to players still.
What I don't get is where is everyone who was up in arms when the coach got sacked? Weren't the players supposed to stay after that U-turn? Oh well hope they sort it out

Mcleod back to thomson
That would be a be disappointing for the club as he turned up last year wins a flag and goes.. But great news for Thompson Tigers. City Tigers looking like big improver 2015.. BPH looking like the team to bet again. Any recuied players yet...Diblasso good pick up for the Hawks, inter-league defender.. (Flag favs with BPH ) North loosing around 4 players so they will slip. But had a few handy res and u/18 players... No news from East except they won't let Challis go from today's paper.. Banno picked up a few handy players top 5 good young team.. So ladder pre Christmas.... Couple roughies*

BPH
Invr
Banno*
North
East
Thompson*
Belmont
Winch
Anakie
Corio

That would be a be disappointing for the club as he turned up last year wins a flag and goes.. But great news for Thompson Tigers. City Tigers looking like big improver 2015.. BPH looking like the team to bet again. Any recuied players yet...Diblasso good pick up for the Hawks, inter-league defender.. (Flag favs with BPH ) North loosing around 4 players so they will slip. But had a few handy res and u/18 players... No news from East except they won't let Challis go from today's paper.. Banno picked up a few handy players top 5 good young team.. So ladder pre Christmas.... Couple roughies*

BPH
Invr
Banno*
North
East
Thompson*
Belmont
Winch
Anakie
Corio
West and Werribee to go into recess Mad Cat you've left a couple out there old mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back