Player Watch #32 - Corey Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

Quit being so logical about it TJ and show abit of respect too @sregit.Its taken him years of blood,sweat and tears to come up with a little gem like this to complain about.

Sorry, I'm going to take myself outback & give me a thrashing within an inch of my life.....that'll learn me....

I reckon the club leaked our pick to the media themselves so it wasn't such a shock when we reached so far to get Ellis. Wasn't rated by anyone before our pick and would've likely slipped out the top 20.

What a load of crap. Adelaide and North were both big into him.

For those who want it, here is Knightmare's thoughts on Ellis:
Weaknesses:Speed/athleticism – Ellis has only average pace and is not a threat to break the lines or take on the game with his pace as someone who is not overly quick.
Decision making under pressure – Under pressure Ellis often has a really rushed feel. He can get his handballs off to a target when the opportunity is there but when force to kick he can be prone to some poor kicks forward leading to turnovers.
Ability to cope with a tag – At this stage if anyone plays an even relatively accountable game on Ellis it seems to really rattle him and his impact on the game as a result becomes negligible.

As a 1st round draft pick - these things worry me - hope we straighten him out and he improves in these areas.

Seems a bit vanilla for a pick 12 but as always we can't really judge this for 3-5 years. Our midfield is decent I don't he cracks more than 5 games (if that) in the AFL.
Heard the same with Ellis, Vlastuin and Lennon. It seems that if it gets out that we like a player, the pick then becomes 'vanilla' and uninspiring and everyone rants and raves. It's not even leaking, media most of the time put two and two together about our like of a certain type of player. No one called Conca a 'vanilla' choice, because 3-4 days before the draft no one had linked him to us.

Sorry, I'm going to take myself outback & give me a thrashing within an inch of my life.....that'll learn me....
Thrashed myself last night post draft but for different reasons.

Heard the same with Ellis, Vlastuin and Lennon. It seems that if it gets out that we like a player, the pick then becomes 'vanilla' and uninspiring and everyone rants and raves. It's not even leaking, media most of the time put two and two together about our like of a certain type of player. No one called Conca a 'vanilla' choice, because 3-4 days before the draft no one had linked him to us.

That's cause no one expected him to go top 10 plus during the day, it got leaked on our website that we were choosing him with pick 6.

LOL so the media put two and two together about richmonds picks and end up with 4 and are always correct

Why is it that when they try to do the same with any other team they just cant add up their math, I like your loyalty though ;)

A choice of Connor's I suspect, in our surprise to see them both still on the table, we eventually chose the fast one.
And the Victorian one as well. Probably should of grabbed Connor Blakey and traded him to West Coast for Duggin in 2 years. We could throw in Nahas , McGuane and a third rounder to sweeten the deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the club leaked our pick to the media themselves so it wasn't such a shock when we reached so far to get Ellis. Wasn't rated by anyone before our pick and would've likely slipped out the top 20.
Just like Reiwoldt, Conca, Vlaustin and B.Ellis eh? Its worked for us so far hasn't it?

Emma Quayle pretty much hot the exact order up to 12

I remember someone saying last year she has a good record with the draft....

If you're feeling down about Ellis, you're entitled to your opinion.

But I implore you to go to the Carlton BF board and read their thoughts on boekhurst....

If you manage not to laugh whilst reading you're not a Tigers fan.
Round 1 banter thread is going to be fun :D

"Man, Laverde is going to carve us up... oh wait..."

Your wish is my command sir.

OtGk2h.jpg

On Ellis, he reminds me so much of a taller Matthew Knights. Creates his own space, elite disposal either by hand or foot, yes one paced but he never appears rushed in his disposal. Good pick

I don't think matty gets the credit he deserves. He was an out and out gun of the comp.

LOL so the media put two and two together about richmonds picks and end up with 4 and are always correct

Why is it that when they try to do the same with any other team they just cant add up their math, I like your loyalty though ;)
I disagree with this. Most of the phantoms by various people, especially first round, are pretty close to the mark. We aren't on our pat Malone here.

I disagree with this. Most of the phantoms by various people, especially first round, are pretty close to the mark. We aren't on our pat Malone here.
2 weeks ago

Patracca at #1 99.9% of people had this
Wright slipping out of top 10
Laverde was a done deal to pies until this week
Nobody had Marchbank to GWS
Weller to Freo never he was always staying in melbourne
Duggan/westcoast just on the last day
Geelong Cocky - Nahh
Ahern was sliding to essendon
Goddard was going top 10

They did say the same about Conca. I remember pretty clearly many were saying that he was solid in every attribute but had no standouts.
Its become groundhog day every year almost, our pick is seen as a reach for a vanilla player and then they see them play and come around to what the club saw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back