Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddy89

Debutant
Nov 3, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
As a young child I first learnt the love of AFL through an Aunty living in Melbourne. Living in Brisbane we unfortunately relied on Channel 7 broadcasts, and for a while they only showed Carlton versus some other team :) But even at that stage I totally understood my Aunties love of the game. Naturally when Brisbane Lions came into being I was happy !

The reason I first looked up this site was because there wasn’t much “in depth” in QLD papers about the Essendon saga. Always the headline but nothing to really explain it all?

My Aunty told me about this site as I wanted to get everyones side of the saga. I have to say Big Footy is the best forum as they have the whole saga for all to read. I love and appreciate that it has members from all sides of the argument. It has taken me months to read through everything but I am happy I did.

My Aunty has gone from a die hard supporter ...to a struggling supporter…then to a total non supporter all because of Mr James Albert Hird.

Having to renew her membership with a hidden option to fund them ..did her in. She didn't realise that until she got her bank statement. After that EFC admitted that they were covered by insurance. My Aunty said she loved the food at the club but got sick of the w***ers that weren’t able to look at the saga objectively.

As a young child I first learnt the love of AFL through an Aunty living in Melbourne. Living in Brisbane we unfortunately relied on Channel 7 broadcasts, and for a while they only showed Carlton versus some other team :) But even at that stage I totally understood my Aunties love of the game. Naturally when Brisbane Lions came into being I was happy !

The reason I first looked up this site was because there wasn’t much “in depth” in QLD papers about the Essendon saga. Always the headline but nothing to really explain it all?

My Aunty told me about this site as I wanted to get everyones side of the saga. I have to say Big Footy is the best forum as they have the whole saga for all to read. I love and appreciate that it has members from all sides of the argument. It has taken me months to read through everything but I am happy I did.

My Aunty has gone from a die hard supporter ...to a struggling supporter…then to a total non supporter all because of Mr James Albert Hird.

Having to renew her membership with a hidden option to fund them ..did her in. She didn't realise that until she got her bank statement. After that EFC admitted that they were covered by insurance. My Aunty said she loved the food at the club but got sick of the ******s that weren’t able to look at the saga objectively.
Welcome.

Lots of links and discussion here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forum...asada&utm_medium=bar&utm_campaign=board-focus

i wouldn't fill my mind up with crap about some mysterious drug saga. but if you want to be strung along then go ahead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i wouldn't fill my mind up with crap about some mysterious drug saga. but if you want to be strung along then go ahead
Sorry Simba, your post and assumptions are totally wrong ! Since I am in my late 50's... I really don't have the time or patience to "let this saga fill my mind" ??
I just simply wanted to see and view this whole saga from both sides. Im so surprised to see your a Port Adelaide supporter ? Thats my 2nd favourite team after the Brisbane Lions.

I worked a night shift last night, working as an RN. I have had a few hours sleep and at 11 am I am going off to do my usual Meals on Wheels charity work that I do 3 days a week. After that hopefully get some more sleep before heading off to work tonight. Every few days I do look at this website. Does that satisfy you Simba ?? that Im not getting strung along with the saga crap ???

lol OK, calm down buddy. you did say that you spent months reading through bigfooty posts about the drug scandal, and that your Aunt actually stopped supporting her club over it. I would say the drug saga has strung you two along.

Instead of getting behind the club, it is being abandoned by it's supporters because they deem the club to have "handled it badly".. when it's the murkiest, sloppiest thing the AFL has been involved in in some time. Sure Essendon has shown incompetence but all clubs do at some point. The last thing they need is their supporters to fade away.

lol OK, calm down buddy. you did say that you spent months reading through bigfooty posts about the drug scandal, and that your Aunt actually stopped supporting her club over it. I would say the drug saga has strung you two along.

Instead of getting behind the club, it is being abandoned by it's supporters because they deem the club to have "handled it badly".. when it's the murkiest, sloppiest thing the AFL has been involved in in some time. Sure Essendon has shown incompetence but all clubs do at some point. The last thing they need is their supporters to fade away.

I totally understand your view but you don't have the full story. I took months going through this site because I didn't understand my Aunts anger. My aunty is elderly but not stupid!

You say she should not be abandoning her club because supporters deem the club to have handled it badly ? She has done that as she was one of the members who held the "Save Hird" banner.

She has woken up along with many other members. She simply went against what the club PR put out about Hird. Her belief then went along the lines of lets see what pans out.

The last straw for her was to be followed out to the car park and being abused by a fellow member. All because that idiot abuser heard her say "not so sure about Hird ?

Sorry but the drug saga hasn't strung us along but rather the Essendons PR team has !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back