Roughead re-signs until 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarryd Roughead will now go down as a one-club player. He's had an amazing career to date. I can't think of a better utility who can play forward/midfield/ruck that's as good as Roughead has been over the last decade or so. I wonder if he'd make our team of the century?

- Triple premiership player (2008,13,14)
- Dual All-Australian player (2013,2014)
- Coleman medalist (2013)
- Third in the MVP award in 2013
- Seven times in his career he's kicked 40 or more goals in a season
- Rising star nominee 2005
- Five goals in the 2014 grand final (the most by a Hawthorn player this era)
- Three times he's kicked over 70 goals in our premiership years

I honestly think that he was the true MVP in the comp in 2013, and that if not for the universal characterisation of the Brownlow as a midfielder's award, he would have been a worthy winner.

Awesome news. It's just great to know he is here for the duration.
Hate to think what he would be worth on the open market, much more than he has agreed to at Hawthorn, I reckon.
What a champion.

When you consider what the dogs paid for Boyd :eek:

Awesome news. I get the feeling that the Hawks are sharing the Buddy around a couple hundred large at a time. This was Rough's turn once the list was settled. Awesome work Hawks.

Just when the euphoria of back to back settles into a lovely state of constant, we're only watching qtrs of the GF at a time & certain opposition club posters have slowed in the tall poppy Hawk hate... BANG! More great news!!! This guy is unique, not only a freaky gun, but a key forward that doesn't put contract negotiations off!!! Brown & Gold

Hawthorn Legend... one club player, doesn't chase the dollars and genuinely loves the brown and gold!

Needs to hurry up and get the father-son wheels in motion

Can we get a few of our forwards hooked up with some Opals or Diamonds players. Get those tall genes working together!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His old forward partner could have been remembered as an all time Hawks great, but chose not to be. Rough actually will ... what a champ.

Will be great if Roughead finishes with more premiership medals than he has now (don't want to get cocky but would be awesome if he retires a 5+ premiership player) and Buddy wins 0 at the Swanettes.

I think we're about to see the best of Roughie in the next year or two. He's thrown off the shackles in the last two finals series and stood up to really make a noticeable difference. I can see Roughie going from strength to strength and should be hotly contesting the Coleman in 2015. Good to see he's a hawk for life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back