D1 2016 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if you read what the Friars president had to say on the Friars website, it wasn't overly complimentary. Basically said he was a good bloke who couldn't coach at senior level-one of the more unusual farewells I have ever read. He had plenty to say on here over a long period about coaches, players and clubs but unfortunately, he wasn't up to it when it was his turn. He lasted only one year and unfortunately, he hasn't had much (any?) success in his coaching career.

I wish him luck if goes to Coburg and has a fresh start-he has had more clubs than Tiger Woods but I hope he can settle at Coburg and finally have some success.

At the risk of looking backwards, not forwards, this one of the more fanciful interpretations of a club announcement I've read. A bit like Tony Abbott's recent interpretation of his government's performance.

Utter bull sh!t to be frank.

A well respected senior coach (at Friars at least) who juggled extremely unique circumstances at Whitefriars/Donvale in 2014 and goes to the VFL with our best wishes. To suggest he wasn't up to it is both a myopic and ill-informed statement.

At the risk of looking backwards, not forwards, this one of the more fanciful interpretations of a club announcement I've read. A bit like Tony Abbott's recent interpretation of his government's performance.

A well respected senior coach (at Friars at least) who juggled extremely unique circumstances at Whitefriars/Donvale in 2014 and goes to the VFL with our best wishes. To suggest he wasn't up to it is both a myopic and ill-informed statement.
Hmm, Hedge Fund as in Hedge as in Hedgeburners as in Old Trinity as in Fraser Cameron.

Hmm, Hedge Fund as in Hedge as in Hedgeburners as in Old Trinity as in Fraser Cameron.
Once again you're showing your colours "Downie".

At least Scribe had a go. Under incredibly difficult conditions. Somehow doubt he'd have been picked up if he was the complete dud one person is alluding to.

btw. He was one of the more erudite posters on this board and a loss since he decided to move on.

Once again you're showing your colours "Downie".

At least Scribe had a go. Under incredibly difficult conditions. Somehow doubt he'd have been picked up if he was the complete dud one person is alluding to.

btw. He was one of the more erudite posters on this board and a loss since he decided to move on.
Mate I couldn't care less what he has done, I was simply asking whether this new poster is the old Scribe.

Well, haven't I touched a nerve here ..from a lefty! Perhaps we can talk about Julia's "no carbon tax" promise! I was merely pointing out his not so successful coaching record across many years at several clubs( fact) and the president's comments wee pointed out to me by a friend who interpreted it the same way as me after he had spoken to someone at the club.
So, why wasn't he reappointed if he was so good? He is still coaching so he hasn't retired. Why only one year?

Are we to believe that the VFL poached him from the friars and you guys let him go with your blessing? Why didn't the president say that?

I stand corrected if that is the case

I wonder why after 8 yeas or so of passing judgement of everything VAFA and everyone he suddenly disappeared from his posts as Whitefriars were enjoying a poor season under his stewardship.

As I said, good luck to him at VFL .

Mate I couldn't care less what he has done, I was simply asking whether this new poster is the old Scribe.

No, I am not the ex-coach, but I understand he and club parting ways had nothing to do with his coaching.
If anything, he managed to hold two clubs together when if left alone, we would have failed dismally.

I work in finance, hence the user name

Well, haven't I touched a nerve here ..from a lefty! Perhaps we can talk about Julia's "no carbon tax" promise! I was merely pointing out his not so successful coaching record across many years at several clubs( fact) and the president's comments wee pointed out to me by a friend who interpreted it the same way as me after he had spoken to someone at the club.
So, why wasn't he reappointed if he was so good? He is still coaching so he hasn't retired. Why only one year?

Are we to believe that the VFL poached him from the friars and you guys let him go with your blessing? Why didn't the president say that?

I stand corrected if that is the case

I wonder why after 8 yeas or so of passing judgement of everything VAFA and everyone he suddenly disappeared from his posts as Whitefriars were enjoying a poor season under his stewardship.

As I said, good luck to him at VFL .

It was obviously a very hard question I posed as nobody has answered it yet!

It was obviously a very hard question I posed as nobody has answered it yet!
A real tough question you asked, I'm surprised you haven't been picked up by A Current Affair on the basis of your post alone!

The facts are that a review took place (as most clubs do), applicants were interviewed and the best candidate was appointed as determined by the Club. The former President of the Club said nothing but positive statements about Fraser in the announcement and at any other time.

GG, if you have a problem or want to criticise Fraser then that is your right but don't drag others in to support your view when clearly they do not share it.

A real tough question you asked, I'm surprised you haven't been picked up by A Current Affair on the basis of your post alone!

The facts are that a review took place (as most clubs do), applicants were interviewed and the best candidate was appointed as determined by the Club. The former President of the Club said nothing but positive statements about Fraser in the announcement and at any other time.

GG, if you have a problem or want to criticise Fraser then that is your right but don't drag others in to support your view when clearly they do not share it.

Well it was tough enough to take a week for someone to "answer' it.

Drag others in to support my view? What are you on?

I was reading Hedgefund wax lyrical about how good his coaching was and how well respected he was and simply asked , if he was so good why wasn't he reappointed?
He has hardly been replaced with Alistair Clarkson so one can only assume that after one season the club didn't deem to master of the universe up to a second year?

That would seem at odds with Hedgefund sycophantic love for your deposed coach .
I was told by a Whitefriars person that he was sacked or not re appointed, whatever you disciples want to call it.
Couldn't care less if others supported my view or not....one year , nearly relegated and no reappointment...why the spin?

I think the spin you talk of was yours. The Pres didn't seem to whack him on the way out as you suggested. This alone was where you were challenged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it was tough enough to take a week for someone to "answer' it.

Drag others in to support my view? What are you on?

I was reading Hedgefund wax lyrical about how good his coaching was and how well respected he was and simply asked , if he was so good why wasn't he reappointed?
He has hardly been replaced with Alistair Clarkson so one can only assume that after one season the club didn't deem to master of the universe up to a second year?

That would seem at odds with Hedgefund sycophantic love for your deposed coach .
I was told by a Whitefriars person that he was sacked or not re appointed, whatever you disciples want to call it.
Couldn't care less if others supported my view or not....one year , nearly relegated and no reappointment...why the spin?

So if you read something on our website, and a friend told you something they heard from the club, then you apparently spoke to someone from the club, then why are we having this conversation in the first place? What more could anyone, save for myself or Kreuzering (both WF people) do to add to your understanding? Everyone else on here is from other clubs/umps in the VAFA.

Wierd.

Last edited:
So if you read something on our website, and a friend told you something they heard from the club, then you apparently spoke to someone from the club, then why are we having this conversation in the first place? What more could anyone, save for myself or Kreuzering (both WF people) do to add to your understanding? Everyone else on here is from other clubs/umps in the VAFA.

Wierd.

I was directed to something on your website.....
So, you have appointed a guy who has been an assistant unders coach over Fraser, who has been lauded on here. So, again I ask the question,, if he was so good why didn't he get a second year over a guy who has been an assistant unders coach in a low divsion? Answer? Perhaps he isn't as good as you and AM are trying to make out or please enlighten me how he couldn't beat the new guy if he did such a good job in " difficult circumstances".
I would have thought it is a fairly logical question. Why didn't he get the job? Weird.

That is what you and Kreuzering can add to my understanding.

So, you have appointed a guy who has been an assistant unders coach over Fraser, who has been lauded on here. So, again I ask the question,, if he was so good why didn't he get a second year over a guy who has been an assistant unders coach in a low divsion? Answer? Perhaps he isn't as good as you and AM are trying to make out or please enlighten me how he couldn't beat the new guy if he did such a good job in " difficult circumstances".
I would have thought it is a fairly logical question. Why didn't he get the job? Weird.

Give it a rest mate.

He root your misses or something champ?

Or is this another BS alias? Reads like it.

Geez Chachi, give me some credit.

They didn't give you the benefit of the doubt on the St Kilda board when Golden Greek materialised to defend your honour, did they?

Even the moderator said you were known for multiple accounts. :rolleyes:

Please stick to supporting SKOB and leave us mere D1 mortals alone thanks.

They didn't give you the benefit of the doubt on the St Kilda board when Golden Greek materialised to defend your honour, did they?

Even the moderator said you were known for multiple accounts. :rolleyes:

Please stick to supporting SKOB and leave us mere D1 mortals alone thanks.
I will say that there is some evidence to suggest Golden Greek and BrianSpeaking are not the same person

Back to footy!

Friars numbers pre-Xmas have been very strong. We are looking at being young and quick (a change from previous years), and should play an up tempo exciting brand of footy.

Won't suffer from those massive mid-season absences in 2015, so that's a welcome relief!

Happy New Year to all

Back to footy!

Friars numbers pre-Xmas have been very strong. We are looking at being young and quick (a change from previous years), and should play an up tempo exciting brand of footy.

Won't suffer from those massive mid-season absences in 2015, so that's a welcome relief!

Happy New Year to all
What sort of numbers? I think Friars will be in the top 4 and if they're young and fast then I can't wait to see them Vs St Marys & Kew - two teams that play an exciting brand of footy.

Any news on how Prahran Assumption are tracking?

St Marys are a fantastic club with a strong culture, it wouldn't surprise me to see them pushing for it at the pointy end of 2015. Apparently they've lost Braedon McLean (one of their best players who was a part of the Indigenous Scholarship program in 2014) to SKOB - can anyone confirm?

After the D3 senior and reserve premierships (2013) and senior premiership again in 2014 Kew must be an exciting place to be - they have one of the best coaches in the VAFA and an even playing list. Can they push for it in 2015?

How are Old Geelongs numbers in preseason? They're my tip to go all the way. Cracking game R1 against Kew Bears in Kew

What sort of numbers? I think Friars will be in the top 4 and if they're young and fast then I can't wait to see them Vs St Marys & Kew - two teams that play an exciting brand of footy.

Any news on how Prahran Assumption are tracking?

St Marys are a fantastic club with a strong culture, it wouldn't surprise me to see them pushing for it at the pointy end of 2015. Apparently they've lost Braedon McLean (one of their best players who was a part of the Indigenous Scholarship program in 2014) to SKOB - can anyone confirm?

After the D3 senior and reserve premierships (2013) and senior premiership again in 2014 Kew must be an exciting place to be - they have one of the best coaches in the VAFA and an even playing list. Can they push for it in 2015?

How are Old Geelongs numbers in preseason? They're my tip to go all the way. Cracking game R1 against Kew Bears in Kew

About 90 all up, roughly 35-40 unders and 50-55 open age. Plenty of our experienced guys are hopefully coming down to start training in late January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back