Social Off Topic Thread - House of Dastardly Crax

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you buy a more expensive wallet, it SHOULD be better made. It'll last a lot longer than a cheap one and should come with a warranty on things like stitching, etc.
if you go through wallets quickly, maybe try for a more expensive one. You can get a nice middle-quality leather wallet for $50-ish from Strandbags or a similar shop that sells ladies' handbags. Might be a bit cheaper than Myer and they often have sales - esp Boxing Day sales or whatever. Just go in after Christmas and pick something up a little cheaper then :)
My current one I've had for awhile and it is a bit flaky so I could use an update.

I think I'll take your advice and wait until after christmas (although it was 25% off). I certainly don't need a handbag :p

My current one I've had for awhile and it is a bit flaky so I could use an update.

I think I'll take your advice and wait until after christmas (although it was 25% off). I certainly don't need a handbag :p
Lol- I was saying that handbag shops sell men's wallets as well. It's just that they advertise themselves as handbag shops to attract the shopaholic women- blokes don't tend to need more than 1 wallet at a time- but every woman that I know has at least 10 handbags and more than a few purses.
Not me- I can't manage more than 1 handbag because I forget to move my purse if I'm changing handbags. :(

Lol- I was saying that handbag shops sell men's wallets as well. It's just that they advertise themselves as handbag shops to attract the shopaholic women- blokes don't tend to need more than 1 wallet at a time- but every woman that I know has at least 10 handbags and more than a few purses.
Not me- I can't manage more than 1 handbag because I forget to move my purse if I'm changing handbags. :(
And those ten handbags are to go with ten different dresses/outfits/etc.. as they are seen as an accessory and not something that is meant to be practical.

Must be awkward when you forget your purse and you go to buy something.

And those ten handbags are to go with ten different dresses/outfits/etc.. as they are seen as an accessory and not something that is meant to be practical.

Must be awkward when you forget your purse and you go to buy something.
Yeah- I don't have the handbag problem but am guilty of being in that situation twice. Once was many many years ago in Kalgoorlie when I was about to go through the checkout and luckily noticed my Visa card wasn't in my purse. Dumped the trolley to one side, told a lady at Customer Service what has happened, then dashed home to get the card out of the pocket of my shorts. A few weeks ago, I dropped my daughter off to swimming then thought I'd nip up to the shops and buy a coffee and some groceries before going back to sit in the car to wait for her. I went to put my Visa card in my pocket but couldn't find it so grabbed my normal savings card.
As I ran out the door, I remembered I'd left the Visa card next to my computer when I'd made a phone payment for something, so I turned around and dashed back in to grab it.
The following day, I wanted to have a big shop at Woolies I grabbed my handbag, drove off and loaded up my trolley. $350-odd dollars worth of goodies later, I'm putting them all through the self-serve and, when I went to pay... Yep! No cards, no cash :cry: :oops:
The Woolies lady was lovely- she suspended payment and I raced home to grab my card out of the pocket of my shorts. I copped all the red traffic lights and everyone seemed to be driving 20kph under the speed limit both on my way home and back to the shop :mad: It took me over 20 minutes to get back but I got there - collected my trolley full of goodies and paid at the front desk.
Hopefully it will be another 25 years before that happens again!

I've got a son who's a keen gamer, athletic, with a 98+ ATAR.
Maybe they're the exception and not the rule but the kids he games with are mostly engineering students who are pretty good at sport... though not elite.
I think the whole concept of footy players has moved in recent years from an expectation of them to all be dodo heads who speak in grunts, toward many of them studying degrees at University (eg Hogan, Taylor are two that come immediately to my mind) or certificates at a TAFE or Tech school.
Of course there would be a wide range of personalities and IQs - I think you'd be surprised by what some of those boys do in their free time. The GFC encourages them to have outside interests and embark on a career path while they're at the club- as do all other AFL clubs these days.
Billie Smedts is a dumbass I'm not sure if he even past grade 12 - SJ

Yup shes tearing up the spa retreats as we speak.

Actually Geelong :p

AB tomorrow! Had the pool all to myself this arvo, as I chill in my room rite now can hear kids in the pool so dodged a bullet there lol

And thanks SC :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

terificat i thought you were alright for what the past 10 months but the last 3 days youve been having digs and goes at me?
i can understand now why certain people dont like you
good bye.

Hey my gorgeousness, gorgeousnesses
Popping in to say Hi + explain being MIA.
Having a tough time with the usual + thinking of you all, bbs xxx

Go Cats!!!

terificat i thought you were alright for what the past 10 months but the last 3 days youve been having digs and goes at me?
i can understand now why certain people dont like you
good bye.
Lighten up. It's Christmas after all.

Yeah- I don't have the handbag problem but am guilty of being in that situation twice. Once was many many years ago in Kalgoorlie when I was about to go through the checkout and luckily noticed my Visa card wasn't in my purse. Dumped the trolley to one side, told a lady at Customer Service what has happened, then dashed home to get the card out of the pocket of my shorts. A few weeks ago, I dropped my daughter off to swimming then thought I'd nip up to the shops and buy a coffee and some groceries before going back to sit in the car to wait for her. I went to put my Visa card in my pocket but couldn't find it so grabbed my normal savings card.
As I ran out the door, I remembered I'd left the Visa card next to my computer when I'd made a phone payment for something, so I turned around and dashed back in to grab it.
The following day, I wanted to have a big shop at Woolies I grabbed my handbag, drove off and loaded up my trolley. $350-odd dollars worth of goodies later, I'm putting them all through the self-serve and, when I went to pay... Yep! No cards, no cash :cry: :oops:
The Woolies lady was lovely- she suspended payment and I raced home to grab my card out of the pocket of my shorts. I copped all the red traffic lights and everyone seemed to be driving 20kph under the speed limit both on my way home and back to the shop :mad: It took me over 20 minutes to get back but I got there - collected my trolley full of goodies and paid at the front desk.
Hopefully it will be another 25 years before that happens again!
Oh wow those are some very awkward moments and yep when you're in a hurry you will always hit every red light and slow driver.

Is your Visa card a credit card or debit card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back