Media Top 10 Stories of Season 18

Remove this Banner Ad

7Br0Qb.png

with RON BURGUNDY

PRESENTS

nCnDg7.jpg
STORIES OF SEASON 18

anchorman30f-1-web.jpg

Season 18 was a big one for the SFA. It was met with changes, retirements and controversy.

Stay with us, as we near the end of 2014, we will count down the top 10 stories of season 18, in the SFA.

#10 - All-SFA turns into All-Out Debate
#9 - Gee Dubbed the Worst Captain in the SFA
#8 - The Jet and Karnezis_13 retire
#7 - Wonders sign 3 big names and 1 big controversy
#6 - From Bombers to bandits
#5 - Wolves-gate
#4 - Logger Logs Out, Boncer Logs In
#3 - Expansion Success
#2 - Okey Does Okay
#1 - It's Buller Late Than Never

Last edited:
#10 - All-SFA turns into All-Out Debate

article-2053912-0E8B908600000578-283_634x422.jpg

*Brahj goes for the chokehold on okeydoke7
As the 18th season of the SFA drew to a close, the league were up in arms over the latest All-SFA selection.

brahj lead the charge for players to be named in their rightful positions, while other posters claimed that rewarding someone who doesn't post much is not something we should be doing. [1]

Things got heated as The Filth Wizard claimed the discussion thread was an “abortion”, while Uncle_Leo chimed in with his trademark Boys Club reference.
Can we not?

You guys have no f***ing an abortion the discussion thread was.
I'd like to see players picked that aren't in the Boys Club. That would be terrific.

The poll that accompanied the thread, showed that those who believed the All-SFA team shouldn't factor in posters actually playing positions, in the minority, while the majority were split between placing players that actually play in the position, and Jack Watts.

In SFA fashion, the thread first consisted of 2 pages of actual discussion, while another 3 pages of chatter, with okeydoke7 swooping in with his 676 word essay. However, the big news story to come out from that day was not okeydoke7's speech, but Noobz0r's autocorrect mistake, and thus, Oleg was born.

It's easy to complain about process, but harder to come up with a solution.
Only 2 typos, brilliant on your part Oleg!
^ worst auto-correct ever. Kept for posterity.

Keep up the good work Oleg.

Here at Fresh Print Media, we pride ourselves on researching everything on the matter to give you, the highest quality news we can bring you. But as the thread became about Juggalo Balla claiming he's unpopular and a recruiting attempt to GG, unfortunately, our dog ate our modem and we were thus unable to continue reading on (thankfully).

1. http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/opinion-all-sfa-team-selection.1083638/

#9 - Gee Dubbed the Worst Captain in the SFA

tumblr_nbr0ogTSdJ1qasthro2_500.gif

*Gee Dub responding to his critics

A seasonly tradition in the SFA, as posters target an unlucky captain as the worst in the competition. In season 17 it was Ljp86 and in Season 18 it was Gee Dub.

It didn't help when on August 18th, 2014, admin okeydoke7 deducted the Baghdad Bandits, and Alberton Swamprats, of 1 premiership point for a late team submission. [1]

The Bandits immediately came out with a response, replacing the then selection committee. [2]

Season 18 just wasn't Gee Dub's season, with Danoz taking aim, calling him “the weakest link”. Danoz presented 3 points as to why Gee Dub is the worst captain in the SFA, using the recent penalty as one, Gee Dub's lack of presence, and the third one was stupid. [3]
The confusion between GD and Bengwatkins as captain has occurred numerous times over the season, and only further emphasises my point.

No more needs to be said. Gee Dub is the worst captain in the SFA.
It seemed the majority of the SFA agreed with Danoz, as Gee Dub took 38.9% of the votes out of 12 candidates as the worst captain in the SFA, with tigland and fumbler coming second at 16.7%.

2 weeks later, Noobz0r echoed the same sentiments as Danoz, claiming there is a stagnating leadership down at the Bandit camp led by Gee Dub, and at Waverly Park led by Karnezis_13, who has now retired. [4]

Stand down, don’t stand down. Either way something has to change, or these clubs could be in serious trouble down the track. A club void of leadership is no club at all.
  1. http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/announcement-bandits-swamprats-issued-penalties.1073591/
  2. http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bandits-show-integrity-fire-selection-committee.1073592/
  3. http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/gee-dub-the-weakest-link.1076496/
  4. http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/stagnating-leadership.1078054/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in denial about that ever happening.

Robbed us of a good victory it did.

Proof that all fixtures should be best two out of three.

I predict a few will be:

Bahgdads name change.
Gumbies name change(Maybe, just after the season though)
ClarkeM trying to be a necromancer and recruit 4 players who dont even Bigfooty anymore
Two new teams
I recruited one person who doesn't BigFooty anymore. The other three all posted. Plus, this was Season 17 ;).

Footypie's ballad story gotta go in there somewhere.

I recruited one person who doesn't BigFooty anymore. The other three all posted. Plus, this was Season 17 ;).

I would've thought it was S18. It happened days before I joined the SFA.

Necromancer, lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back