Media Top 10 Stories of Season 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Boy, do I have a story for you, TFB.

Just give me a while longer.
Maybe it'll make your next season thread. It should. It probably will.
It won't.

I could really only find 12-13 stories from this season worth mentioning anyway so it'll probably Bradbury it's way in.

Footypie's ballad story gotta go in there somewhere.

I don't think that's the kind of story they're talking about. Plus it was technically after the season had finished. But cheers anyway, young'un. :thumbsu:

#8.1 - The Jet flies off forever

JetFlying.jpg

*The Jet flies off into the sunset

The Jet, a.k.a Jobe3Votes, a.k.a Jobe, a.k.a Probe3Goats, a.k.a HurleyGun, a.k.a DonsStormLFC, was arguably the most controversial and polarising poster in SFA history.

The Jet played a total of 59 games over 4 season, under 3 different accounts, with 4 teams. He began his career at the Southern Dragons in Season 13, then moving to the Wonders in Season 14.

The ever so naive boncer34 thought he could change Jobe and brought him to the Hawks in Season 15
Oh and we'll sign Jobe. I can change him.

**** it. Lets bring some **** back into this comp
And less than 24 hours later, Jobe3Votes was signed.

That's right, after carefull considering between myself and my management team at the local KFC store, we have agreed to the terms & conditions on offer from East Side Hawks.
Jobe's season stint at the Hawks saw him kick only 8 goals for the season at Full Forward, but despite the poor performance, he was awarded the Frankston Rover medal for filling in for loopy_cam who was struggling with the duty of simmer.

The Jet then went on to vice-captain the OFG warriors bid, ahead of Season 16
I have all the confidence in the world that this francise will not only be granted a season 16 license, but we will be successful from Day 1!

After the OFG Warriors were not accepted into the league, The Jet struggled to find a club that would take him for Season 17. Ex-Wonders captain ShaunDuggan, left the Wonders to place himself and The Jet on the table for suitable teams.
I'm going to pair myself with The Jet and offer us up as a package to any club that will take 'both' of us on for Season 17.
The Jet found himself a new home at Alberton, where he played 14 games for the season.

4 rounds into the season, the poster that we all knew as The Jet would disappear from the SFA forever, being banned from the Bigfooty site after shady dealings between Chief and the Boys Clubs.

Disclaimer: We at Fresh Print Media are not held accountabile for the accuracy (or lack thereof) of this article

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#8.2 Karnezis_13 gallops off forever
Written by TheFreshBanana and BoshtrichBurger

566_two-leg-horse.gif

*Karny gallops off into the sunset

Karnezis_13 will be remembered as a poster with class and his 2 legged horse avatar. However, he started off like any overzealous rookie that has graced the league - As a spammer. Through time and effort he went through a metamorphosis and became a quality over quantity type of poster, known for honing and crafting his posts to include a beautiful mix of statistics, humour and biting wit.

His style was like a small mix of some of the former league heavyweights. He showed similar glimpses of a young Streets, while possessing the same biting wit that we all know beez for. His prose writing was his main strength, and through match threads and media was where he truly shined.

Karny's never failed to impress when it came to media threads. In his Where Are They Now media thread, Karny interviewed four ex-legends of the SFA; Deddy (lol), EBIAC, Eagleskickass and TFLUA-Tiger. He created a second Where Are They Now, interviewing Frankston Rover, Rick18 and EFL Boy.

However, his passion for stats was what brought the best out of him. He held the brunt of the stats work for the East Side Hawks during his time there, and also created his Top 50 Qootyers.
A mystical equation has been run through each and every one of these players, taking into account a vast range of factors which make a great Qootyer. EACH and EVERY Top 50 player has a short overview written of their inclusion into the elite, covering the hows and the whys.

Karnezis_13's career began with him signing with the East Side Hawks late in Season 15. After his failed OFG Warriors bid, that he co-founded, he went back to the East Side Hawks for Season 16 and was a pivotal part in the team's minor premiership success that season.

He was promoted to Vice Captain ahead of Season 17, to then become captain of the East Side Hawks in Season 18.

Karny was a people's person, who grew to be one of the most respected posters and qootyers in the league.

Ask any of his former comrades or contemporaries and they would say the same. He was the lovable two-legged horse who knew how to lead and guide his troops while entertaining the masses.

He will always be known as a one-club player in the history books. That however won't stop those in the know acknowledging him as one of the founding fathers to the club known as the Warriors.

During Karnezis_13's 63 game career, he amassed 840 disposals, 152 marks, 102 tackles, 67 goals and 32 behinds.

Disclaimer: The good parts of this article may or may not have been written byTheFreshBanana and may or may not have actually been written by BoshtrichBurger
Oh and Rhodesy_Blues retired too... I wrote that.

#7 - Wonders sign 3 big names and 1 big controversy

lion-king-435x580.jpg

*ClarkeM holding Lioness without her permission
Probably one of the biggest controversies to hit the SFA in Season 18, that eventually resulted in a changing of rules for Season 18

On June 14, 2014, ClarkeM announced that the Wonders would be signing ex-Wonders captains ShaunDuggan, EKA, Rick18 and Lioness, after much discussion as rumours had circulate over the off-season.

Despite the Wonders viewing these 4 signings as inconsequential
So in hindsight, what does this mean for the Wonders? The answer is, not that much really.
The league were split whether this was true, as it caused quite a stir throughout the SFA.

The disapproval came from those who thought the signing of Lioness was ethically wrong.
Thread and rules a joke.

Bears sign everyone on BF.
Although the Wonders had gained the consent of EKA, Rick18 and ShaunDuggan, Lioness had not responded to the Wonders even though the Wonders announced her coming back to the West Coast Wonders.

However, although considered ethically wrong, the Wonders were not breaching any SFA rules at the time as clarified by league administrator okeydoke7

My response to this is simple...There is nothing in the rules that blocks this.

I am releasing the S18 rules in the next couple of days, and I daresay this loophole will be closed.

Despite the announcement being made, the Wonders never submitted Lioness to their team sheets, following a thread created by then Wonders captain PVF, admitting mistake and expressing regret.

As Captain of the Wonders I am expressing regret in admitting that we stuffed up big time and I apologise to everyone in the league for our actions. What we did was arrogant, selfish, detrimental to not only the Wonders but also to the league as a whole and it will take some time for us to build back the respect that we have no doubt lost with everything that has happened in the past 48 hours. I’m hoping that our mistake doesn’t set a precedence for the future.

#7 Wonders sign 3 big names and 1 big controversy

lion-king-435x580.jpg

*ClarkeM holding Lioness without her permission
Probably one of the biggest controversies to hit the SFA in Season 18, that eventually resulted in a changing of rules for Season 18

On June 14, 2014, ClarkeM announced that the Wonders would be signing ex-Wonders captains ShaunDuggan, EKA, Rick18 and Lioness, after much discussion as rumours had circulate over the off-season.

Despite the Wonders viewing these 4 signings as inconsequential

The league were split whether this was true, as it caused quite a stir throughout the SFA.

The disapproval came from those who thought the signing of Lioness was ethically wrong.

Although the Wonders had gained the consent of EKA, Rick18 and ShaunDuggan, Lioness had not responded to the Wonders even though the Wonders announced her coming back to the West Coast Wonders.

However, although considered ethically wrong, the Wonders were not breaching any SFA rules at the time as clarified by league administrator okeydoke7

Despite the announcement being made, the Wonders never submitted Lioness to their team sheets, following a thread created by then Wonders captain PVF, admitting mistake and expressing regret.
How could you not atleast tag Uncle_Leo in that. Pretty sure he had a little bit to say on the subject :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back