AFL Canberra Div3/Div2

Remove this Banner Ad

What's going on out at QBN? players leaving for country Wagga leagues left, right and center. QBN always struck me as a place players genuinely wanted to be around regardless of money or what was going on. They have lost a bunch of players including their captain.

What's going on out at QBN? players leaving for country Wagga leagues left, right and center. QBN always struck me as a place players genuinely wanted to be around regardless of money or what was going on. They have lost a bunch of players including their captain.

Mostly NEAFL players that they can no longer offer the same coin. I thought most here would be happy about it

I would have thought QBN and Belco still have the same money to spend even thought they have left NEAFL. Or am I mistaken?

I would have thought QBN and Belco still have the same money to spend even thought they have left NEAFL. Or am I mistaken?

Entry fees for AFL Canberra First Div are surely less, not to mention greatly reduced travel etc? Would have thought there'd be more money if anything...

How's things looking out Yass way Southcab? I see in Cootas paper that Chant has left to play league. Massive hole with Webb gone too. Has Drum confirmed his retirement? Any news on other clubs?
Hello Drop punt Yass still looking for a coach will be an even younger side than last year out here so very much looking forward to the season. Heard that Coota signed another Farrer league player to coach but don't know if its true. As for Drum definite starter has no plans to retire .This is he told to our president who was talking to him. Chanty just mite have got in the wrong bed this time :D.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draft Draw was realeased yesterday for comments. 18 rounds, focus on splitting games between Saturdays and sundays, and some Friday night games too. We will have to make a new Div 3-5 forum

Anyone know any guys interested in playing footy down the coast. Batemans Bay has had an unprecedented number of player losses. Many moving to Wollongong for Uni, a few moving for work, 4 or 5 going back to play for UC Magpies, a couple going OS and a couple of blokes who at the ripe old age of 21 or 22 have decided not to play footy this year and just go to the Gym. Out of approx. 3000 blokes aged between 18-40 in our area about 200 play a winter sport. When I was 20 in the 90s I reckon at least 50% of blokes played footy.

18 rounds is a big bonus!
And what a joke that draw is !! The league should just tell clubs that there not wanted instead of shafting them.
Here's the make up
UC 10 Home 2 byes 6 away
Anu 9 Home 3 byes 6 away
Adfa 8 Home 2 byes 8 away
Coota 7 Home 3 byes 8 away
Glbn 7 Home 3 byes 8 away
Cooma 8 Home 2 byes 8 away
Yass 6 Home 2 byes 10 Away.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back