What should the Swamprats do

What should the Swamprats do?

• Fold

• Merge with the Hawks

• Rebrand

• Remain as they are

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it extremely humourous that IMS is the one calling me inactive when he is the guy who couldn't even hang around long enough to vote for any awards when he was the man in charge of his club.

I also called you inactive in a less obvious form.

I find it extremely humourous that IMS is the one calling me inactive when he is the guy who couldn't even hang around long enough to vote for any awards when he was the man in charge of his club.

Haha.. You can't read either *******?

I can read but I just know you are making excuses after you stuffed up. I could ask you the same question since twenty other members in that commitee room saw okey's explicit post to you.

What did Okey's explicit post say then?

Not your interpretation, what did it say?

Oh - are we allowed to talk about the going-ons of what is meant to be a private forum now? Brilliant!

I approve of the shift in policy, okeydoke7

:rolleyes:

Haven't been around the boards lately mate?
Cool. I look forward to releasing next season's All SFA team three weeks in advance then. :)

And FWIW - I'm aware that that tangental discussion left the captaincy board far before you brought it up in this thread. I just thought if I could nail an idiot with his own stupidity in the same post it'd be a two birds, one stone situation.

Now fly away seagull.

The moniker of Swamprats should stay, as someone has already pointed out in this thread it gives good dichotomy with the Royals and hence would work well on a banter level. When I think 'swamp-rats' I think of dirty, gritty. So using a well known 'gritty' location would serve a lot better than Alberton.

Some options could be Alabama Swamprats (could play on the redneck card), or Louisiana Swamprats (where swamp rats are destroying the environment).

Or you could just ignore my suggestions, considering I voted for you to fold.

Personally I wouldn't have joined you because of your name. It opens you guys to heaps of s**t. "Gee alberton. Even the footy team is called the swamprats. Like the guys that live there." Look at West Coast Wonders. They were called Seventh Wonders. not a really good name if you ask me. Look at us. We went from having the worst name in the league but all we had to do was rebrand and we have the best (ok maybe I'm being a little bit biased) name in the league. I see you have the connection to Port Adelaide so you could just simply call yourselves Port Adelaide Pirates, after all it was proposed for the AFL side. Let people on the Port board know who you guys are. They'll more than likely join a Port Pirates side rather than an Albertons Swamprats side.

Personally I wouldn't have joined you because of your name. It opens you guys to heaps of s**t. "Gee alberton. Even the footy team is called the swamprats. Like the guys that live there." Look at West Coast Wonders. They were called Seventh Wonders. not a really good name if you ask me. Look at us. We went from having the worst name in the league but all we had to do was rebrand and we have the best (ok maybe I'm being a little bit biased) name in the league. I see you have the connection to Port Adelaide so you could just simply call yourselves Port Adelaide Pirates, after all it was proposed for the AFL side. Let people on the Port board know who you guys are. They'll more than likely join a Port Pirates side rather than an Albertons Swamprats side.
I don't even know who you play for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It could be worse. Their captain could have left as a result of his side being in a perilous position, and rather than doing the hard yards to keep his club sustainable, he packed up, left, and took the easy option...oh wait a minute, I think 2 captains took the same route.

I wouldn't have left if I thought that the Rats would fold. They have some excellent plans in place, and the league support and interest in them will see them through this.

If the Rats are in any danger of folding I'll head over there :rolleyes:

Seriously, #savetheswamprats is in full swing.

I made the point in the thread started a few weeks back, how a team that can take from an entire pool of Port supporters can't fill a squad escapes me. It's what they get for sitting on their hands during expansion and if it takes one poster (albeit one from their top two) walking away to spur this sort of reaction, you're welcome Swamprats.

The nWo just saved your club (and here we are apparently trying to be heels :( )

Back