The Other Clubs with ties to Stephen Dank, investigations and statements

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
This has begun cropping up a fair bit in threads lately, so I figured id post a reference thing for everyone here.

Brisbane Lions
"The individual provided training advice to staff with regards to the club's altitude program and had limited contact with players.

The individual had no involvement in providing the club with either nutritional, supplement or medical advice.

Club management informed the AFL of its brief and limited involvement with the individual as soon as it became aware of it earlier today."
ref: http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/br...eve-dank-in-2009/story-fnelctok-1226572063603

Carlton Blues
Dear Carlton supporters,

We believe it is important for you that we clarify the facts in relation to a newspaper report today.

The Australian newspaper linked Carlton and a former employee to the ASADA case. The AFL has confirmed that it does not have any issue with the Carlton Football Club in relation to this matter.

The Australian did not contact the Club for comment before printing this story.

At the time that allegations were first aired against Essendon, Carlton instigated a thorough review of its high performance program. The results of this review were independently verified and showed that there were zero grounds for concern.

Steven Trigg
CEO
ref: http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-12-17/carlton-fc-statement

Geelong Cats

Gold Coast Suns
"The Gold Coast Football Club confirmed in a media statement on 5 February that certain individuals involved with the Essendon fitness program during the period under investigation briefly worked for this club,.

The Gold Coast Football Club is fully co-operating with the continuing investigation and we look forward to meeting with representatives from ASADA shortly."
Ref: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...in-asada-inquiry/story-fnca0u4y-1226855286730

Melbourne Demons
An AFL spokesman said: “The AFL has conducted a thorough investigation in relation to Stephen Dank’s involvement at Melbourne FC, including interviews and examination of documentation.

“Based on the evidence before it, no action has been taken to date, but the matter remains open due to ASADA’s ongoing inquiries.’’
ref: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...nks-role-at-club/story-fni5f91a-1226872780382

General AFL Clubs

Last edited:
This has begun cropping up a fair bit in threads lately, so I figured id post a reference thing for everyone here.

Brisbane Lions

ref: http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/br...eve-dank-in-2009/story-fnelctok-1226572063603

Carlton Blues

ref: http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-12-17/carlton-fc-statement

Geelong Cats

Gold Coast Suns

Ref: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...in-asada-inquiry/story-fnca0u4y-1226855286730

Melbourne Demons

ref: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...nks-role-at-club/story-fni5f91a-1226872780382

General AFL Clubs

Great summary. Dankenstein has been spreading his voodoo far and wide, a repetitive pattern of 'pushing the envelope' just a bit too far. Would look even more impressive if you added his contributions to rugby. Not a lot of involvement with the top of the ladder AFL teams. Also probably not in many peoples interest for him to ever testify.

It's ok everyone, "Carlton instigated a thorough review", phew, thank goodness for that. It's all AOK.

I'm sure we can all be confident that Geelong's links with the key protagonists during one of the most successful periods in AFL history is mere coincidence.

Let us be thankful about Wookie's independence and objectivity. I'm sure his motives for creating this thread were entirely honourable.

It's ok everyone, "Carlton instigated a thorough review", phew, thank goodness for that. It's all AOK.

I'm sure we can all be confident that Geelong's links with the key protagonists during one of the most successful periods in AFL history is mere coincidence.

Let us be thankful about Wookie's independence and objectivity. I'm sure his motives for creating this thread were entirely honourable.

I am not all that confident, but how about you actual post some evidence in support of your deluded and deliberately misleading posts? Would be happy to see some.

Love how the AFL admit 12 clubs guilty of sloppy process but don't feel the need to investigate hahahaha ruddy gold!

"Lacked a single point of accountability"

Nothing to see here move along.
It's almost like the ACC weren't already investigating them

Hang on, you reckon the "key protagonists" used micky mouse steroids that did nothing at Essendon, yet you infer Geelong benefited? Which one is it? HAving a bet each way Gigantor?

Of course there will be no investigations into all this. Imagine how much it would cost. If they whack EFC they can proclaim the game 'clean' and carry on. Sounds fair. Perhaps they should be called the 'Un-Australian Football League'.

Of course there will be no investigations into all this. Imagine how much it would cost. If they whack EFC they can proclaim the game 'clean' and carry on. Sounds fair. Perhaps they should be called the 'Un-Australian Football League'.

Well, it would certainly be 'cleaner'.

Sounds fair to me, since the other clubs weren't running in house programs for dodgy substances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

more meaningless trolling rubbish.

I posted the known information without any of my own analysis as I have for countless other timeline and stement threads in this forum. My sole intent was to create an easy to refer to list for anyone.

Great summary. Dankenstein has been spreading his voodoo far and wide, a repetitive pattern of 'pushing the envelope' just a bit too far. Would look even more impressive if you added his contributions to rugby. Not a lot of involvement with the top of the ladder AFL teams. Also probably not in many peoples interest for him to ever testify.

Good call on the rugby teams. Ill add it in tonight.

So you think it should be: "Hey everyone look over there, look at what those bastards are doing"

Finally, GGigantor you now understand what it's like for the rest of us when this stuff happens to a club you don't support and how it raises questions ... oh damn thought I had you there :) GO THE GIANTS !

Every time I see you name now I cant help thinking of Quagmire

Definitely when Dank worked as the head needle injector guy at Geelong in the years 2007 (he was hired AFTER Rd 5), 2009 (He had a year off in 2008 due to his employment at Hawthorn), and 2011, (we missed him in 2010. Someone saw him in Arizona in 2010).

Love how the AFL admit 12 clubs guilty of sloppy process but don't feel the need to investigate hahahaha ruddy gold!

"Lacked a single point of accountability"

Nothing to see here move along.
All the AFL needed was a big scalp...Say JAMES HIRD, a willing propaganda machine and all the nuff nuff general public would have bought it hook line and sinker - just have a look around here for evidence of that!

Did the other 12 clubs use substances unapproved for humans and allegedly WADA banned?

Who knows

17 clubs in three days doesn't give time for a lot of digging

All the AFL needed was a big scalp...Say JAMES HIRD, a willing propaganda machine and all the Nuffie genreal public would have bought it hook line and sinker - just have a look around here for evidence of that!
Yes, it is obvious the AFL went after one after it's own golden boys to drag the game through the mud and lose revenue and make other codes look more attractive. The AFL is just so clever, that's what they would do. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back