Hird Appeal Dismissed - 30th Jan, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, pretty sure ASADA/Ben McDevitt have said they SCN relate to Tb4 only.
Iseem to recall that being the case. I will be interesting to see if further SCNs are issued.
It could be that ASADA were expecting appeals and TB-4 is just the test case before other substances in further SCNs. The rules of evidence are now clear at least. Or maybe TB-4 will be the only one, enough to pin on the people they were really after - in this case, it seems the players were collateral damage on the main game of egtting Dank and maybe some others out of sport entirely. If they were really gunning for the players, AOD would not (on what is publicly available at least) have been ruled out as a future possibility.

If I was going offsite for injections in a "black ops" type program i reckon i'd make a sneaky call to ASADA to find out whether this stuff was ok, that's what they are there for.

You'd have to do it before you went because finding out afterwards would pose a few ethical problems for ones self.
Plus you'd be forever known as the "whistleblower" the man that single handedly destroyed the careers of his teammates and the de registration of the Essendon football club.
I've gone on a bit there but still a horrible place to put a footballer by the club. The truth would have been too much to handle.

You'd have to do it before you went because finding out afterwards would pose a few ethical problems for ones self.
Plus you'd be forever known as the "whistleblower" the man that single handedly destroyed the careers of his teammates and the de registration of the Essendon football club.
I've gone on a bit there but still a horrible place to put a footballer by the club. The truth would have been too much to handle.

A real s**t spot to be in..............I trust my club...

Lot of people on here who run with the "professional elite sportsman" line say the responsibility lies with the footballers. Personally I'd like the players too sue the arse of Essendon if found guilty. 100 percent the clubs mess.
Well, it does to a degree. There are different authorities in place.

When it comes to ASADA, the players are responsible.
When is comes to workplace laws, Essendon are responsible.

The fact players are responsible for what goes into their bodies, doesn't mean Essendon haven't broken laws in running the program

The real world is when you see Chris Judd gets asked "what's in that drink" and he has no idea. That's the real world for an AFL footballer. If it's approved and administered by the club medical and fitness then it has been checked and approved and is OK by WADA that is the real world of an AFL footballer.
AFL players get thorough training regarding the expectations on them and their responsibilities. Should they decide not to listen or to ignore it, that's their problem.

I reckon there will be emails flying around ASADA trying to rake up every single receipt for anything at all involved in this appeal.

Will they be able to charge Hird for the celebration party they will likely be throwing?

Item 24 - One pallet of toilet paper:D

Court officer - "Um can you explain this $1,500 claimed for dunny paper?"

ASADA - "Easily sir, this appeal and the general attitude of one Albert Hird has given everyone here the sh!ts for quite some time. All of us need to relieve ourselves at least six times a day"

Well that should end the "the whole investigation is unfair and illegal" .

If I was going offsite for injections in a "black ops" type program i reckon i'd make a sneaky call to ASADA to find out whether this stuff was ok, that's what they are there for.
It's the world Essendon fans live in, where the odd kid working in retail knows to call the fair work ombudsmen, but athlete's don't know to call ASADA.

The real world is when you see Chris Judd gets asked "what's in that drink" and he has no idea. That's the real world for an AFL footballer. If it's approved and administered by the club medical and fitness then it has been checked and approved and is OK by WADA that is the real world of an AFL footballer.
The AFL signed on to WADA. The athlete is responsible for what enters their body under WADA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Item 24 - One pallet of toilet paper:D

Court officer - "Um can you explain this $1,500 claimed for dunny paper?"

ASADA - "Easily sir, this appeal and the general attitude of one Albert Hird has given everyone here the sh!ts for quite some time. All of us need to relieve ourselves at least six times a day"

Well that should end the "the whole investigation is unfair and illegal" .

That is a shithouse example to use!

AFL players get thorough training regarding the expectations on them and their responsibilities. Should they decide not to listen or to ignore it, that's their problem.
There have been probably around 750 footballers in the last 3 years that haven't had a problem with what they've eaten or drunk. It's really not difficult to remain clean, in fact it's pretty freaking easy.

The best summation I've yet seen:

http://bit.ly/1EvIv0f :thumbsu:
Some really interesting summaries in that. The last 2 were the most interesting. One is that the arguments by Hird were inconsistent, but the best one was the last, which is something like, "you had a chance to challenge this before you agreed to questioning, but you agreed to it, so it's too late".

Gees, his legal team just completely and totally ballsed this up

Some really interesting summaries in that. The last 2 were the most interesting. One is that the arguments by Hird were inconsistent, but the best one was the last, which is something like, "you had a chance to challenge this before you agreed to questioning, but you agreed to it, so it's too late".

Yep!

On the contrary, the legal team have played this perfectly - taken a no chance case and turned it into hundreds of thousands in fees, simply by stoking king James' ego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back