The OFFICIAL 2015 Preseason Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

High-profile player manager Liam Pickering believes the Roos are “a year or two away” from challenging for a premiership.

But the former North player, who managed 22 games for the club between 1989 and 1992, said securing the coveted double chance is a realistic target.

Pickering predicts the Roos will finish fourth on the ladder at the end of the regular season.

“The expectations are you go a step further than last year but the way the competition is, I think it’s really hard to continue to improve,” Pickering told NMFC.com.au in a past player survey.

“I still think they’re another year or two away personally, so I think the expectations would be a top-four finish.”

Pickering, who also played 102 matches for Geelong, said he is confident his client Ryan Bastinac can fill the void in the midfield left by Levi Greenwood.

“He (Bastinac) didn’t have his best year last year but he’s had a good pre-season,” Pickering said.

“I think he can force his way into Greenwood’s spot on a regular basis.”

You can't bullsh$t a bullsh$tter. Be grateful you were able to sell false promises in the off season.

Forget Eddie Caroline Wilson, there is no bigger conflict of interest in football than what this tool is offering.

Speaking of pre season i think it would be a great idea if North played a Nab game at Arden st next year.. Id definitely go to that game!
I'll only go to Arden st if they have a cafe or pub. It's going to be a while.

Are people really questioning greenwoods position because he started on flank after no pre season in a nab game?
Im a touch bitter also, but seriously get a life people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are people really questioning greenwoods position because he started on flank after no pre season in a nab game?

He had no preseason??

I don't think North people knew or care whether he had a pre season. Or whether he plays a game for Collingwood.

Not on our list and about as relevant as the last guy taken in the 2014 draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greenwood...is that you?

If posters are allowed to hate on our own players and coach, we can verbally kick the s**t out of someone who's a bigger peaheart than we had thought. One thing to put your body in the line in a game. Another to turn tail and run if things get tough, thus proving whatever 'lack of belief' we supposedly had.

Arjen we've heard two conflicting versions of a conversation between brad and Levi. Levi said that Brad couldnt guarantee him a spot in the 22 and brad said that he had a really hard time convincing him that he was 22.

We can only guess at what was actually said, but if Greenwood was asking for a guarantee from Brad then I'm glad brad refused him that. I don't think anyone is guaranteed 22, maybe boomer.

You shouldnt need a guarantee that you'll be best 22. No-one else has one.

Do we really need to rehash the same old Levi debates, he left, he plays for Collingwood, it was primarily for job security as stated by both sides, best of luck to you Levi, l hope you make a career.

Do we really need to rehash the same old Levi debates, he left, he plays for Collingwood, it was primarily for job security as stated by both sides. Now lets just bag the s**t out of him every time he plays North or gets dropped.
EFA

This isn't "well done on your years of service, you're a true shinboner" type thing.

You're right though it's been done to death.

EFA

This isn't "well done on your years of service, you're a true shinboner" type thing.

You're right though it's been done to death.
I wish every player the best for their career, except Vickery, he is the one player l want to see fail time and again.

He had no preseason??
Had surgery on his foot and has only just commenced full training. Hence maybe why he wasn't thrust into the thick of things and put into the middle or maybe why his output wasnt up to scratch.
I'm all for bagging out other players, particularly those that have left Arden st. But seriously riding players off in a praccy match in 2nd gear is ludicrous.

I wish every player the best for their career, except Vickery, he is the one player l want to see fail time and again.
That is your opinion. Feel free to commend Levi when he plays a good game. I choose not to. Difference being I'm not telling other posters to move on from it. It's not as though someone has bumped his thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back