AFL floats possibility of small penalty if Dons guilty, but ASADA stays silent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The offsite clinic wasnt the issue from the way I read it. SImilar to the way Dank used offsite injections at the Demons, they were essentially vitamin injections which were confirmed by the clinic and by the AFL. Even Hooper invoiced the club with an accurate list of items. It was the injections given at the club given by Dank or Robinson that I dont think were well documented. Of course this is just my opinion

Still think the head coach who it's proven had correspondence with Robinson and Dank and also had to answer concerns from Dr Reid should have been abreast of everything. If Hird read Reids letter he would have known something may be going on therefore it was his duty to get to the bottom of it. Perhaps if he had he may have risen to another level in the esteem of the AFL as a bigger hero as a coach then a player by exposing what may have been a sophisticated doping regime. Instead we may never know, and we may also never know why. And almost certainly will never know the whole truth.

The offsite clinic wasnt the issue from the way I read it. SImilar to the way Dank used offsite injections at the Demons, they were essentially vitamin injections which were confirmed by the clinic and by the AFL. Even Hooper invoiced the club with an accurate list of items. It was the injections given at the club given by Dank or Robinson that I dont think were well documented. Of course this is just my opinion
Yet according to vitamins, the club was filthy so not a sufficiently sterile environment for injecting.

Nothing in the narrative adds up.

That was if the players admitted guilt and avoided it going to the tribunal. The more important question is why didn't they accept it when it was available?

Because they would be admitting they were drug cheats and their careers would effectively be over. They would be despised in football circles. There is a lot at stake for these players. Fame, wealth, future careers, sponsorship, public adulation, women, premierships, personal rewards etc. Historically men will fight with their lives to hold onto these things.

You're missing the point. The probably players dont believe they were given PED's, hence they havent entered into a deal. So they arent blaming anyone because they have nothing to blame anyone for yet. If they are given bans they may start pointing fingers

Who knows

It just shows how dumb footballers are. Dank used prohibited substances on Sandor Earl , on Cronulla players, a convicted drug dealer was part of the supply chain for the club and there is other evidence Prohibited substances were used including an admission by Dank in an interview. Yet they believe they did not use them, more like hoping there is not enough evidence to prove they did.

Mxett is lying again.

Hooper's clinic was the source of the Mystery Mexican Substance.

You're missing the point. The probably players dont believe they were given PED's, hence they havent entered into a deal. So they arent blaming anyone because they have nothing to blame anyone for yet. If they are given bans they may start pointing fingers

Who knows
Again with what the players do or don't know. How do you know?

.....and then you give your Coach a cool $1mil to go to France. I read that as sending a big FU to the whole footy community.

Ok look. I'll say it without the hidden meaning. * you all.

Which is the whole point of the article, to condition the public that despite what the AFL would like, Asada and Wada are going to be pushing for big bans.

I will send ASADA a case of Champagne for their efforts.....stuff the AFL. Nothing will make them bad guys in my eyes. Cheating in sport sux.

Yet according to vitamins, the club was filthy so not a sufficiently sterile environment for injecting.

Nothing in the narrative adds up.
And nor will it either. The club's comments are structured to suit the narrative at the time. So many days, so many stories, so much time and so many statements. The term I would use it 'trickery'!

Assuming the 'vibe' on soft penalties are true, I would question the morals of NAB and Toyota if they continued as naming rights sponsors. The collective disdain from other sports and the general global public could dictate the 'ashes in their mouths'. Really not a good look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this on the Scooter thread.

My bet is that Dank had the blood tests taken very soon after doping to artificially create the before and after effect on the testing levels of the players. The next round of injections were more likely to be saline. But he still charged the full whack. How else could you achieve 28 vials for 34 players. I reckon he ripped off EFC. All he had to do was supply a sheadsheet with figures on it and they would have been none the wiser. That's why Doc Reid was cut out of the picture as he would have detected the sham.

That's why the beatup over testing, Dank knew they would pass as he pumped them full of nothing.. Jokes on EFC for paying and hiding something they never properly got.

If it is true, EFC will be a laughing stock on a bigger scale than they are now. Can't report the 'fraud aspect' as that would be admitting to doping, can't establish how, when or why as the records don't exist, Dank say's they have them, greed inference on establishing a cutting edge med's program that never was, non TGA approved meds injection program and the beat goes on.

You name it, what ever acts of stupidity can and have been committed by these delusional fools. Dank rode them into town straight to the intellectual knackery. Giddy up James

Ford pills.......anti obesity drugs. But gee they give yar the shits!
A very good point. Did anyone think to check 2012 footage to see how many player substitutions were required each time Essendon played?

In fact, I'm going to do that. Now. I am the complete detective.

Do you honestly believe they went off-site for vitamin injections? :rolleyes:

Actually, this is clearly not "your" opinion, because to date the only source suggesting Robinson administered injections is Dank.

Is there even a form of Thymosin other than TB4 that is useful for building tissue? Is why would you inject other forms of it?

The biochemistry doesn't lie only TB4 fitted with the profile unless of course Dank wanted players to develop immune responses to the supplements they were receiving!

Ings tweet means a 12 month (or 22 game) minimum penalty.

The biochemistry doesn't lie only TB4 fitted with the profile unless of course Dank wanted players to develop immune responses to the supplements they were receiving!

Ings tweet means a 12 month (or 22 game) minimum penalty.

I think there can be no other result. HOWEVER, this is the AFL we are talking about.

So the AFL is suggesting the penalty should be the least available. Which is just what I expected from them.

ASADA keeping quiet for now. Also what I expected from them.

As for people reading lots into 6 months being what ASADA offered before the hearings. Read nothing into that. Plea bargaining stage. The players did not take it and ASADA were forced to fight court cases and run the matter in the tribunal. Its waaay to late too accept the plea bargain when the verdict is handled down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back