The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll beat them to fourth spot.
It's going to be tough. United have some tough games coming up but Spurs arent out of it yet either and they have a much better run of fixtures. I think Arsenal will get third and Southampton will fade. Big shootout to commence now though with Spurs, United and us.

Man U pay the refs off again.

Holy s**t :eek:

On another note, why can't Liverpool put a whole season together? Every year they are the best side for about half the season, and the other half of the season they are barely better than relegation standard.

Every. Single. Year.

Is it all down to not having a settled squad? Or is it something else?

Remember a few years back when we were trying to get rid of Skrtel? Would be in some strife if he went down. In fantastic form.

no i remember city were supposedly interested for 20mil and some fans still hadn't warmed up to him but he loves this club!!!

He got off to a shaky start but if you thought at the time that selling Hendo to Fulham was a good idea then I don't know what to say. I was really really surprised at Rodgers when I found that out.

Had anyone actually watched Hendo at that point in time?????? He couldn't put a 1m pass together. He was so low on confidence that he could barely stand on the ball. Very much reminds me of where lovren is at (re: good form at past club and shaky/terrible first season).

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think you always thought he was going to turn out as good as he is. That or you must also be bullish on Lovren turning it around. On Dempsey: i think had a 15+ goal season that year... hindsight fellas, hindsight!

Hendo was played on the wing quite a bit in his first season which didn't help. Nevertheless he showed good form towards the end of 11/12. BR offered him the choice to stay and fight for his place or leave for Fulham (Dempsey + 4m for Hendo which is effectively 11m pound fee with Dempsey eventually being sold for 7 mill).

The rest is history. After a slow start to 12/13 Hendo stormed the second half of that season and hadn't looked back since. Indispensable nowadays and a fantastic footballer.

Holy s**t :eek:

On another note, why can't Liverpool put a whole season together? Every year they are the best side for about half the season, and the other half of the season they are barely better than relegation standard.

Every. Single. Year.

Is it all down to not having a settled squad? Or is it something else?
We have had some real good teams since the glory days of the 70's and 80's ended but consistency is the one thing we have struggled with for over 20 years and it's why we have fallen short on so many occasions when challenging for a title.

Im hoping Rodgers can somehow arrest this slide. Obviously all signs point to Rodgers having poor first halfs and excellent second halfs to each of his three seasons in charge but I think there are reasons behind all three.

His first season in charge was always going to start slowly as he implemented the way he wanted us to play. So getting used to a new philosophy and a new style of football. We got better as the season went on so ultimately our football got better, not to mention the January arrivals of Sturridge and Coutinho.

His second season i dont think we were that inconsistent, the second half was definitely better than the first half though. If you break it down into 19 first half games we were actually 11-3-3 through our first 17 and top on Xmas day. It's just games 18 and 19 were the City, Chelsea back to back over xmas which we lost both 2-1.

We dropped from 1st to 5th as a result and made our first half of the season look worse than it was. Of course we bounced back and went 15-3-1 the rest of the way and fell agonisingly short.

This season I always knew would be a rough start with the title chase hangover, the departure of Suarez and the injury to Sturridge. So having said all that if Sturridge can stay fit, we buy well in the summer, I cant see any reason why we cant put a more consistent start together and hopefully challenge for the title again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity about the results of the teams around us, but we are just doing what we have to do, and that's just keep bringing in 3 points from every game.

Pity about the results of the teams around us, but we are just doing what we have to do, and that's just keep bringing in 3 points from every game.
Yeah, a shame we couldnt make any ground as everyone else won but still, keeping pace, keeping the pressure on.

Big games next round. Arsenal are at home to West Ham who are in dire form but always a capable team. Man United play Tottenham! Southampton travel to Chelsea. We are away to Swansea. Could be lot's of chopping and changing next week.

Yeah, a shame we couldnt make any ground as everyone else won but still, keeping pace, keeping the pressure on.

Big games next round. Arsenal are at home to West Ham who are in dire form but always a capable team. Man United play Tottenham! Southampton travel to Chelsea. We are away to Swansea. Could be lot's of chopping and changing next week.
inb4 Shelvey wants to score for us again and Lallana gets in the way of dire goalkeeping

Saw this in an article regarding Balotelli.

Since he came into the side at Spurs on August 31, Balotelli started 11 of the next 15 games. Liverpool won three of them. Rodgers chose to cast him off at the end of November, since when he has started one match, which was the defeat at Besiktas. It is the biggest single reason for the transformation.

He can be good as an impact sub but those stats are damning. No starts for you Mario!

He got off to a shaky start but if you thought at the time that selling Hendo to Fulham was a good idea then I don't know what to say. I was really really surprised at Rodgers when I found that out.

Wasn't the deal Henderson and 4 mil for Dempsey? Imagine if that went through.

if we got dempsey, we would've won the premier league that season, and the CL the following. also suarez would still be a red. 100%. no doubt.

Had anyone actually watched Hendo at that point in time?????? He couldn't put a 1m pass together. He was so low on confidence that he could barely stand on the ball. Very much reminds me of where lovren is at (re: good form at past club and shaky/terrible first season).

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think you always thought he was going to turn out as good as he is. That or you must also be bullish on Lovren turning it around. On Dempsey: i think had a 15+ goal season that year... hindsight fellas, hindsight!

great post.

Saw this in an article regarding Balotelli.

Since he came into the side at Spurs on August 31, Balotelli started 11 of the next 15 games. Liverpool won three of them. Rodgers chose to cast him off at the end of November, since when he has started one match, which was the defeat at Besiktas. It is the biggest single reason for the transformation.

He can be good as an impact sub but those stats are damning. No starts for you Mario!

He might have just put himself further in the doghouse as well
http://www.90min.com/posts/1925880-...at-brendan-rodgers-after-the-game?a_aid=35322

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back