Season 2015..

Remove this Banner Ad

Wodonga Raiders sign Northern Territory excitement machine Ross Tungatalum.

Had a season with ST. Arnaud in the North Central league,showed flashes of brilliances but didn't set the world on fire OMFL probably 4 rungs above NCFL so will be interesting to see how he goes.Didnt appear to appreciate real close checking which I imagine he will attract here.

Had a season with ST. Arnaud in the North Central league,showed flashes of brilliances but didn't set the world on fire OMFL probably 4 rungs above NCFL so will be interesting to see how he goes.Didnt appear to appreciate real close checking which I imagine he will attract here.
Loads off ability obviously but like you say the o and m ain't touch football like up north. He will know he is in a footy game down here. I'm tipping good money aswell. What's everyone's thoughts on raiders approach this year? Recruited A lot from all over and would be spending some coin. The way the comp is at the moment no one's winning it except Albury. Clubs go broke trying compete with Albury and it just isn't sustainable to spend huge amounts of money. It has and will continue to break clubs. By the look of Creswell is recruiting anyone he can.

Loads off ability obviously but like you say the o and m ain't touch football like up north. He will know he is in a footy game down here. I'm tipping good money aswell. What's everyone's thoughts on raiders approach this year? Recruited A lot from all over and would be spending some coin. The way the comp is at the moment no one's winning it except Albury. Clubs go broke trying compete with Albury and it just isn't sustainable to spend huge amounts of money. It has and will continue to break clubs. By the look of Creswell is recruiting anyone he can.

What do they do though. They need to improve in order to make the place more attractive to potential recruits in the next couple of years. As long as they are not breaking the bank this season and the spending is at a sustainable level then it can't be a bad thing

Correct, he is a silky flashy player and is very quick. But is of a thin light build, and in O&M footy this will be a real challenge for him. Hope he does well, because he is a exciting player.

What do they do though. They need to improve in order to make the place more attractive to potential recruits in the next couple of years. As long as they are not breaking the bank this season and the spending is at a sustainable level then it can't be a bad thing
I understand that but they have done this before and got nowhere when Corey Lambert was coaching.did it work that time? Definitely not. They would be spending don't worry about that. The way Lavi went about it a few years ago is the only way to build a strong team and club , not flash in the pan buying. Do you think half these guys will be their in 3 or 4 years time? Good luck to them this year. Be interesting to see how it pans out over the next few seasons for them.

I think you're right. They have to try and recruit to get people interested and while they've recruited a few players I don't think they have picked up anyone like Davies, Rose, Grossman, Archer etc that is going to blow a budget by too much. They got a few good kids from the Hume league who should have an impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you're right. They have to try and recruit to get people interested and while they've recruited a few players I don't think they have picked up anyone like Davies, Rose, Grossman, Archer etc that is going to blow a budget by too much. They got a few good kids from the Hume league who should have an impact.

With the recruits they have got and Cresswell as coach, I predict they will make the final five this season, maybe even come in behind Albury, Lavi, and Yarra.
Just watch one of these recruits, and that is Todd Grayson from up here in QLD.Has been a gun at NEAFL level, is a hard inside/outside player whom should adapt to the O & M style of play .

Albury, Yarra & Lavi all seem pretty quiet. It seems fairly certain that they will make up the top 3 again. Does anyone else realistically have a chance? Rovers finished 4th and could slip dramatically and Corowa seem to be a similar standard to last year when they finished 5th.

Ladder Prediction:
Albury
Lavington
Yarrawonga
Corowa-Rutherglen
Wodonga Raiders

Wodonga Bulldogs
Wangaratta Magpies
Wangaratta Rovers
Myrtleford
North Albury

Albury
Lavi
Yarra
Wang Mags
Corowa
Raiders
Myrt
Bulldogs
Rovers
Nth Alb

Will be very interesting to see if the Rovers splash out on another bunch of dud mercenaries and how Aker replaces the lad behind bars....

So with McMillan now pulling the pin on yarra where does this leave yarra now? And oconner still yet to commit! can they still challange for the flag in 2015?

Wodonga Raiders sign Northern Territory excitement machine Ross Tungatalum.

Have been lucky enough to see this guy play a few times live and I cannot wait for him to show the people of the Border what an absolute gun he is. Got a feeling I'm gunna be watching the raiders a fair bit this season.

yep motor told a mate of mine that they were heading to strathmerton cause yarra have no money
So with McMillan now pulling the pin on yarra where does this leave yarra now? And oconner still yet to commit! can they still challange for the flag in 2015?

Is there a changing of the gaurd at Yarra ? Seem to be heading into a new era

Remove this Banner Ad

Back