Season 2015..

Remove this Banner Ad

Did any teams play practice matches this weekend? Anyone got any results?
Will be an interesting Rd 1. Wang v Raiders and Wodonga v North Albury should be good to see if any of those 4 sides who all missed the finals last year have improved.
Can Myrtleford get close to Albury with a better list at their home ground in front of a big crowd.
Got a feeling Corowa could slide so playing against one of the big 3 first up is going to give us a good indication of whether that is right of not.
Yarra v Rovers will just be interesting to see how Fev handles life as a coach or more importantly how his teammates respond to being coached by him.

Did any teams play practice matches this weekend? Anyone got any results?
Will be an interesting Rd 1. Wang v Raiders and Wodonga v North Albury should be good to see if any of those 4 sides who all missed the finals last year have improved.
Can Myrtleford get close to Albury with a better list at their home ground in front of a big crowd.
Got a feeling Corowa could slide so playing against one of the big 3 first up is going to give us a good indication of whether that is right of not.
Yarra v Rovers will just be interesting to see how Fev handles life as a coach or more importantly how his teammates respond to being coached by him.

Im looking forward to going to the good friday match at Wangaratta... will be interesting to see the raiders new recruits run around, would think it will be a fairly even match... You would have North Albury as favourites against wodonga I would think, Myrtleford wont get within 12 goals of Albury, but I dont think many will this year..

will be interesting to see how Yarra line up without oconnor and Mcmillian, but they still should win comfotably against rovers.

corowa have certainly had a eventful pre season, they match up well with the panthers and will test them for a fair while...

bring the season on, sick of the cricket

Im looking forward to going to the good friday match at Wangaratta... will be interesting to see the raiders new recruits run around, would think it will be a fairly even match... You would have North Albury as favourites against wodonga I would think, Myrtleford wont get within 12 goals of Albury, but I dont think many will this year..

will be interesting to see how Yarra line up without oconnor and Mcmillian, but they still should win comfotably against rovers.

corowa have certainly had a eventful pre season, they match up well with the panthers and will test them for a fair while...

bring the season on, sick of the cricket

Finally the season is here.

Wang vs Raiders. A lot of hype around some of these raiders recruits Grayson in particular. Be interesting to see how they shape up. Tough one to tip.
North Albury to beat Wodonga. Wodonga won't make it easier for the young hoppers but I expect they will get the job done.

Albury by plenty against Myrtleford. I feel I will he saying Albury by plenty all year.
Lavi should account for Corowa by a few goals. Won't be a massive margin between these two. The injury list at he moment will hurt Corowa with Campbell singe and filliponi all massive outs for the roos. Not having much luck on that front.

Yarra to beat rovers. Will be interesting to see how Yarra shape up this year.

bring on the footy.

Wang vs Raiders. A lot of hype around some of these raiders recruits Grayson in particular. Be interesting to see how they shape up. Tough one to tip.
North Albury to beat Wodonga. Wodonga won't make it easier for the young hoppers but I expect they will get the job done.

Albury by plenty against Myrtleford. I feel I will he saying Albury by plenty all year.
Lavi should account for Corowa by a few goals. Won't be a massive margin between these two. The injury list at he moment will hurt Corowa with Campbell singe and filliponi all massive outs for the roos. Not having much luck on that front.

bring on the footy.

Who else is hyped at Raiders?? I knew they signed a few but I thought they were all pretty low profile recruits. Said it once before that I think they have done it smart.
I just hate that this comp is so boring now and there is not much interest in many games other than Albury v Yarra or Lavy. I really want Myrtleford to make a play for top 5. I want one of the Wodonga sides to cause a few upsets and I hope that Nth Albury can challenge again.

Who else is hyped at Raiders?? I knew they signed a few but I thought they were all pretty low profile recruits. Said it once before that I think they have done it smart.
I just hate that this comp is so boring now and there is not much interest in many games other than Albury v Yarra or Lavy. I really want Myrtleford to make a play for top 5. I want one of the Wodonga sides to cause a few upsets and I hope that Nth Albury can challenge again.
Problem is that most clubs are flat broke!! The minute they accumulate some sort of base it is spent on a recruit. Looking forward to the footy, but strongly believe that change is required at all levels of the game. Good Friday is a bad idea. Won't last.

bring on the footy.

Frank, watch this Todd Grayson,, is a very good footballer and Im sure he will do exceptionally well in the O & M.

Frank, watch this Todd Grayson,, is a very good footballer and Im sure he will do exceptionally well in the O & M.
Yes I've heard. I look forward to watching him play. Fruit derrick has been touted as a very very good player by his coach. Obviously the heta boys but we already know that they can both play. Tangatalum and goldsmith down forward both touted as potential guns of the comp. Internally I think sam murray has really impressed. He impressed me at hume league level. be interesting to see how he handles the step up. Quiet a few people were very shocked he didn't make the final squad for the murray bushrangers. On paper they look a good side, but so do Wang. Almost game of the round for mine. Too very even teams.

Yes I've heard. I look forward to watching him play. Fruit derrick has been touted as a very very good player by his coach. Obviously the heta boys but we already know that they can both play. Tangatalum and goldsmith down forward both touted as potential guns of the comp. Internally I think sam murray has really impressed. He impressed me at hume league level. be interesting to see how he handles the step up. Quiet a few people were very shocked he didn't make the final squad for the murray bushrangers. On paper they look a good side, but so do Wang. Almost game of the round for mine. Too very even teams.

I like hearing that comment "match of the round". I think what Albury have achieved is huge but I don't want to watch them any more. Prefer a good game between two improving sides.

I like hearing that comment "match of the round". I think what Albury have achieved is huge but I don't want to watch them any more. Prefer a good game between two improving sides.
This will be a cracking game between to good sides who will be evenly matched. Might even pop down the freeway to watch this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frank, Derrick is good and should go well, Goldsmith strong and dangerous , tends to be a bit inconsistent, but should be a solid contributer and Tangatalum, is a gun,,, will light up the comp with his electrifying speed, silky skills and goalkicking sense.

Just five players from Wodonga Raiders’ embarrassing final-round loss last season have survived the Birallee Park cull. Border mail today
Last time I checked cull it meant to remove the inferior -very little respect for Limbach (O&M rep and leading goal kicker),Stevens (B&F) Giles (good down back) all gone to Doncaster East, Ben Klemke (had to rucked and fill gaps) gone to SANFL, Hibberson Bros (tried hard ) gone home to Chiltern, Nick Shelley(most consistent award)-year off. All in all ordinary story from BMM. Hopefully the Raiders are on the improve and on the right track and can start with a win Friday night at Wangaratta.

Just five players from Wodonga Raiders’ embarrassing final-round loss last season have survived the Birallee Park cull. Border mail today
Last time I checked cull it meant to remove the inferior -very little respect for Limbach (O&M rep and leading goal kicker),Stevens (B&F) Giles (good down back) all gone to Doncaster East, Ben Klemke (had to rucked and fill gaps) gone to SANFL, Hibberson Bros (tried hard ) gone home to Chiltern, Nick Shelley(most consistent award)-year off. All in all ordinary story from BMM. Hopefully the Raiders are on the improve and on the right track and can start with a win Friday night at Wangaratta.

Raiders will win I feel and by 7 or 8 goals.Reckon they will finish 4th or 5th this season.

went and had a look at Raiders and wang tonight and raiders were comfortable 38 point winners...

Great to see Steve Joliffe olay well, he was clearly best on ground for mine, goldsmith Looks like he will provide a target he kicked four and probably should have got 7..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back