The new campaign against Dank

Remove this Banner Ad

Ol' Danky hey.

Claims he knows exactly what the players took, but for two years has refused to meet them and tell them.

It's funny though, nobody here seems to have a moral issue with him. Really can't work it out.
It's pretty simple.

People here detest Dank. He is what he is, though. His fables, his theories, his grand plan all clearly observable for its idiocy and negligence.

Hird is the real meat and veg of the story though, the guy pretending to know nothing about any of it, while taking the investigating bodies to court to have thier evidence thwarted.

I guess you could liken him to your classic movie villain. Hiding behind a facade. While Dank's the moral-less henchman who was given an opportunity to take advantage of good people with his shitty ways.

Don't be too hasty in saying no one has a moral issue with him. I want him bankrupted, put into stocks at fed square so everyone (foamer and koolaider alike get to throw rotten fruit at him). Disgrace to science and medicine for actions in particular nrl (warfarin in contact sport dumbass lucky no one had a significant intracranial bleed) and afl.

I'm sure a few normal people have a big problem with him.

They still need the evidence to prove it. It will be a very interesting result if Dank is found guilty of administering banned drugs to Essendon players, but the tribunal doesn't find enough evidence to ban the players.
Surely they are interchangeable? I cant fathom how it couldnt be

He'd throw the frikkin water boy under the bus before he would actually be a man and take responsibility

No doubt, it could come back to bite him on the arse though. Slimy *s like Dank always seem to hold the smoking gun, it wouldn't surprise me to see him produce evidence to save himself yet drop everyone into the well full of s**t.

I didn't think the Crawford article was trying to lay the blame on Dank at all. I think it was taking constant shots at the club and it's staff using Dank as the mechanism. We already KNOW Dank was the one organising s**t and injecting players and coaches with things. This goes out of it's way to paint Dank and to a lesser extent Robinson' as human beings (fasicination with science, their nicknames etc, they aren't just painted as villains), and then showing just how involved everyone else was

The man they call “Danksy
Implies people were close and possibly endeared to and with Dank

it was here that Dank allegedly injected supplements into Essendon players and staff, including the club’s AFL legend coach James Hird.
He jabbed people.

Dank was not a qualified doctor. He wasn’t a pharmacist. He wasn’t even an accredited sports scientist, although he’d had years of experience working at professional sporting clubs.
He wasn't qualified to jab people

Yet he was the man Essendon’s leaders had recruited to give their players, young men, the scientific edge they hoped might win them the flag.
The club hired an unqualified man to jab 'young men' (appeal to emotion)

Exactly who within the Bombers knew what about the controversial supplement program will be disputed for years to come.
Questions who at the club actually knew what was going on.

It goes on and on. Specifies that Reid questioned it once he became aware, was shut down, then sat by as it continued.
Shows Dank messaging Hird repeatedly. It even goes so far as to suggest things were worse than what we normally talk about in the media, with references to the blood tests, the mexican crap, and hexarelin.

And it concludes with this:

If Essendon is next week found to have committed doping violations, it will be because ASADA was able to persuade the tribunal the “thymosin” on the consent form was a reference to Thymosin beta 4 — a WADA-banned type of the drug commonly used on horses.
Essendon. Not Dank. Not the players. Essendon.

Imo. If there was insufficient evidence and that had been the verdict... we would know by now.

Agree. Doesn't make sense that they would effectively take a couple of months (most of the tribunal was over in January) to announce that there was insufficient evidence. Especially with the players under suspension all that time.

Well, given that he hasn't defended it, it will become much more than "just a charge".
No doubt he will either defend it at the right time or he will cop the charge due to not defending it.

I dont like how he can get done for injecting hexarellin into players but the players get off. Was Hexarellin on the consent forms?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the matter of Hird, it seems he either he knew what Dank was (allegedly) up to, or he didn't. Neither of them are a very good look for Hird, IMO.

That's been one of my stances in this whole saga. As senior coach, it is Hird's DUTY to be aware of everything that is going on with his players. As you say, either he knew precisely what Dank was up to, or he should have. Either way, Hird has failed in his duty of care for his players.

No doubt he will either defend it at the right time or he will cop the charge due to not defending it.

The right time? The guy is about to be charged and probably heavily penalised, and you're talking about "the right time"??

And there's no "or" here either. He hasn't defended the charges against him, so presumably, almost certainly, they will stand.

That's been one of my stances in this whole saga. As senior coach, it is Hird's DUTY to be aware of everything that is going on with his players. As you say, either he knew precisely what Dank was up to, or he should have. Either way, Hird has failed in his duty of care for his players.
....and copped his suspension for this as has the entire club.
The right time? The guy is about to be charged and probably heavily penalised, and you're talking about "the right time"??

And there's no "or" here either. He hasn't defended the charges against him, so presumably, almost certainly, they will stand.

Why isnt hexarellin being chased up for the players then by ASADA if they know it was injected by dank into the Essendon players?

In politics , and footy is not that far removed from that world, sometimes the only thing worse then being involved in something sketchy, is not knowing it was going on under your watch in the first place.

Why isnt hexarellin being chased up for the players then by ASADA if they know it was injected by dank into the Essendon players?

How can you prove people used a drug that can't be tested for in the context of a program that suspiciously has no records?

Proving that Hexarelin was on the premises of a sporting club is a massive scandal in itself, and anyone with common sense knows why it was there. But due to idiotic doping rules, there is nothing that can be done to address it.

And this will all be forgotten after the PR blitzkrieg that will follow Tuesday.

..Why isnt hexarellin being chased up for the players then by ASADA if they know it was injected by dank into the Essendon players?

Any number of reasons ... off the top of my head a) they don't need to because they feel they have the players nailed with TB4, b) no need to because it won't change the outcome whether they get them for one substance or multiple substances c) they're unsure that they can comfortably satisfy the tribunal in the case of each individual player, d) supply lines are less clearly established ... etc. etc.

We shall find out in the fullness of time I imagine.

The other curve ball in all this, is that there's presumably nothing stopping ASADA (or WADA ...) pressing charges against the players - or others at Essendon? - for Hexarelin somewhere down the track once Dank is convicted. Whether they'd go to the trouble or not ... another of the great unknowns.

How can you prove people used a drug that can't be tested for in the context of a program that suspiciously has no records?

Proving that Hexarelin was on the premises of a sporting club is a massive scandal in itself, and anyone with common sense knows why it was there. But due to idiotic doping rules, there is nothing that can be done to address it.

And this will all be forgotten after the PR blitzkrieg that will follow Tuesday.
There is somewhere in the world WADA/ASADA can cooperate to have hexarellin tested in players. Otherwise keep taking it youll never get caught surely that cant be the premise ASADA/WADA will stand by.

What idiotic doping rule?

There is somewhere in the world WADA/ASADA can cooperate to have hexarellin tested in players. Otherwise keep taking it youll never get caught surely that cant be the premise ASADA/WADA will stand by.

What idiotic doping rule?

They don't have the ability to test for it unless the test occurred within hours of an individual taking it.

So basically, yes, it is worth it to take Hexarelin because the odds of getting caught are incredibly low.

The doping rules are idiotic because they were designed for individual sports, not team sports. Essendon should face sanction for allegedly purchasing and having PEDs in a fridge on its premises, just like a player would face sanction if caught buying PEDs and keeping them in their gym bag.

Any number of reasons ... off the top of my head a) they don't need to because they feel they have the players nailed with TB4, b) no need to because it won't change the outcome whether they get them for one substance or multiple substances c) they're unsure that they can comfortably satisfy the tribunal in the case of each individual player, d) supply lines are less clearly established ... etc. etc.

We shall find out in the fullness of time I imagine.

The other curve ball in all this, is that there's presumably nothing stopping ASADA (or WADA ...) pressing charges against the players - or others at Essendon? - for Hexarelin somewhere down the track once Dank is convicted. Whether they'd go to the trouble or not ... another of the great unknowns.
A seems unlikely considering the doubt by alot including Gill.

B is no good either. Getting done for multiple substances would mean a greater ban

C could certainly be something but why not give it a go like TB4?

Can you or anyone tell me what ws on the consent forms because i highly doubt hexarellin was otherwise we would be in a lot of trouble. Having a banned substance signed off by the players and essendon staff would mean automatic bans as it was intended to be taken, wouldnt matter if it was or wasnt.

Why would they wait and allow the players to play on? if the case goes the players way on Tuesday.

Seems quite a weak argument for hexarellin.

For that can anyone actually prove he has been charged with hexarellin? what evidence is there?

Dank's whole modus operandi was to get the TGI-whatevers for each player up to the the levels which would not cause any problems with screening at the time.

It was basically, a cocktail of drugs some ok some not, none of which can be detected individually to get each individual player up to a hormone level that would not spook any tests but be much higher than their natural levels.

Too cute by half. All watched over by Hird and Robinson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back