2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah bugger. I hope he has a good relationship with his father because if he doesn't then he might not want to come to the Swans.
Pfft, as if he wouldn't want to come. We've got the two best players this century, possibly ever, in Heeney and Mills (according to Eddie, anyway). Why wouldn't he want to play with those guys and win like 13 premierships in a row?

Have the committee which proposed the new academy and f/s laws stated a date they will confirm any new changes (i.e. can we know about it more than 5 minutes before eddie and his mates try to shaft us) unlike this year!!!

Have the committee which proposed the new academy and f/s laws stated a date they will confirm any new changes (i.e. can we know about it more than 5 minutes before eddie and his mates try to shaft us) unlike this year!!!
not yet, but i can see it going through with an adjument on the discount ie f/s upping to 25% as well.

I reckon 50% discount to recognise the millions being invested into statewide development as well as direct investment into the players and 30% for father-son if they're gonna persist with this points scale. It's all just wild stabs in the dark which is the stupid thing. Look at all the lower draft picks like Parker and Hanners, if the system was so perfect surely they would have been collected by the other teams ahead of us.

I reckon 50% discount to recognise the millions being invested into statewide development as well as direct investment into the players and 30% for father-son if they're gonna persist with this points scale. It's all just wild stabs in the dark which is the stupid thing. Look at all the lower draft picks like Parker and Hanners, if the system was so perfect surely they would have been collected by the other teams ahead of us.

Exactly. I mean look at this

#27 - End of First Round Compensation Pick: (North Melbourne) – Luke Parker (VIC)
Height: 183cm, Weight: 82kg, DOB: 25/10/1992
Recruited from: Dandenong Stingrays
Style: Marc Murphy
Range: 16-31
Why: Parker at this stage really represents outstanding value here if available and could very easily go 10 + positions higher. Parker is a big time accumulator who was not as good as expected this season which has probably seen him drop to this stage but he has a really high work rate and wins plenty of contested possessions. Very strong mark overhead for his size. Not super speedy but has good body strength for his size. Handy goal kicking midfielder who could fit into this team well, sooner rather than later. Upside is questionable but a very solid selection who at this stage is an absolute bargain. I wouldn’t be surprised for Parker to do a Bastinac and play regular senior footy from season one.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/knightmares-2010-mock-draft.768543/

and look at all the stars such as Reece Conca, Scott Lycett, Kieran Harper, Matt Watson, Jed Lamb, Jayden Pitt and Anton Hamp who were all predicted to go ahead of him.

They mention Mills quite a bit on the Collingwood forum

Funny enough i have it on good authority that the one area Okearney needed to brush up on was inside, contested part of his game. He's a player that positions himself extremely well off the pack-better than any Ive seen and spreads nearly as good as any kid his age that Ive seen (not as good as Callum Mills). His kicking didnt look elite to me, but pretty good. In my eyes he was more outside than inside last year, lacks a bit of foot speed and height and therefore is not the player for us. He'll perform well at Nationals as his game suits that style of competition but i wouldn't be surprised if he is still on the draft after pick 10-a weaker draft this year might keep him in.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/collingwood-almanac-2014.1058851/page-111

Mentioning Dunkley as well

I haven't had any major issue's with O'Kearney's inside game myself. I'd overall describe him as one of the elite accumulators as probably after Dunkley that next most productive when looking at totality of numbers. For a mid he has a good inside/outside ball balance and good tackling ability and numbers, so I agree with you from the standpoint that he isn't a pure inside player. He isn't super tall or a powerhouse so that might be more where you're coming from regarding the contested side of his game with Dunkley again an example of a substantially more dominant contested ball winner. But with O'Kearney I tend to see his game for an inside player as more balanced accumulation which is fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a search on mills and dunkley around bigfooty. Supposedly, if we get Mills we can't get Dunkley.

If Dunkley nominates swans and if swans decide to grab him, we can get both if we sacrifice this and probably next years first and second even if nominated 1 and 2.

Hope springs eternal for some I suppose

Saints (my tip to get the spoon) will bid pick 1 on Mills i have no doubt.

They need mids and Mills is on track to be the best available.

Thought before the season started we would have a decision on whether the new system will come in this year odd we haven't heard anything yet.

Saints (my tip to get the spoon) will bid pick 1 on Mills i have no doubt.

They need mids and Mills is on track to be the best available.

That is what I am worried about as well. I have been thinking about who would get the spoon and what sort of player they want. Really the gap between pick 1 and 2 in points is huge. Even if we could stop pick 1 being used to bid on Mills and instead pick 2 was used it would be a huge win for us.

That is what I am worried about as well. I have been thinking about who would get the spoon and what sort of player they want. Really the gap between pick 1 and 2 in points is huge. Even if we could stop pick 1 being used to bid on Mills and instead pick 2 was used it would be a huge win for us.

Maybe they will remember we did them a favour delisting Membrey so he could start early pre-season :p

A you scratch our back we'll scratch your sort of deal. St Kilda would not be harmed in any way by us getting Mills at pick 2 instead of pick 1.
In a perfect world. But st kfc are a rebuilding club with midfielders at the top of their priorities. If they think he is worth pick 1 they will bid pick 1. St kfc have never done any clubs any favors in the past. They wont start now.

In a perfect world. But st kfc are a rebuilding club with midfielders at the top of their priorities. If they think he is worth pick 1 they will bid pick 1. St kfc have never done any clubs any favors in the past. They wont start now.

But they have to know that either way they are not getting Mills. All they are doing is weakening us, a team that they are not really competing against in the next few years, and strengthening the teams they are competing against.

Mills will well and truly be a swan
The draft watchers were saying when Mills and Heeney played for NSW last year they were equal or Mills was slightly better despite Mills being one year behind. The mind boggles...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back