Collingwood’s Josh Thomas, Lachie Keeffe accept two-year bans for taking banned drug clenbuterol

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree.

I've said many times: this s**t is readily available and usually undetectable.

Yet people think the sport is squeaky clean
Who thinks that?

….and then the tribunal case as well where they get to defend themselves.

I was responding to the different responses from most of the two supporter groups. Will you be calling for a 2 year ban for your players if found guilty tomorrow? I will for ours.

Depends on the circumstances. If EFC players were duped then their blame is significantly reduced. Same applies for Pies players. As EFC players offended and were charged prior to 2015 max penalty is 2 years. Pies players face a max penalty of 4 years under 2015 code.

Each case should be treated on its merits.

Depends on the circumstances. If EFC players were duped then their blame is significantly reduced. Same applies for Pies players. As EFC players offended and were charged prior to 2015 max penalty is 2 years. Pies players face a max penalty of 4 years under 2015 code.

Each case should be treated on its merits.

The question is what will you be calling for - I know the technicalities of it. Will you be calling for the maximum penalty if guilty or not.

Difference between Collingwood and Essendon:

One club ran a systematic and experimental program on 34 players, that:
- included thousands of injections given to players in non-medical facilities,
- included banned substances and non-prescribed medicines such as muscular dystrophy drugs,
- subsequently lost or destroyed all evidence of the drug injection program,
- was known to key staff including the head coach; and
- was shrouded in black ops secrecy for the purpose of gaining a competitive advantage over its opposition.

The other club is Collingwood.
Collingwood also ran a systematic supplements programs that "lacked accountability".

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...uate-supervision/story-fni5f22o-1226740824947

Probably already been pointed out but the 2015 WADA code states that qualification is an option for the governing body for more than two members, not that it has to happen:
Y3NDwEe.png

https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/resources/files/wada-2015-world-anti-doping-code.pdf
Page 79

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect the players have eaten something to cause the positive tests.

Their actions thus far (allowing names to be put out etc) are hardly actions of guilty drug takers.

I could be wrong, just a hunch.

Essendon on the other hand....

yeah like a clembutorol tablet

In the EFC case, we have consent forms and players admitting to being injected with 'Thymoisn', we have paper trail of TB4 leading to the club and we have text messages involving Dank that talk about TB4.
Even with all this evidence that points to TB4 being the only substance that could have been used at the club, EFC claims that they used Thymodullin instead while presenting no credible evidence of a paper trail for Thymodullin, YET there players have a chance to get off.

In this case, we have 2 Collingwood players that have returned a positive A sample to a banned drug, and if they want to use the defence of 'contaminated food', then they will need to provide credible evidence of contaminated food.

So how in the world can one set of players claim that all the evidence that shows that ONLY TB4 could have been used at their club is false and that they used a legal substance with not one shred of evidence to back them up, still have a chance to get off, when another set of players that have a positive test that shows a banned substance in their piss are required to produce solid evidence to back up any claim they ate contaminated food?

A positive test is hard evidence, but overwhelming circumstantial evidence that only points TB4 being the only substance that could have been used at EFC should be treated the same way that hard evidence is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back