EFC players: Comfortable satisfaction not reached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what way is that even remotely the same situation?

When the salary cap scandal engulfed the NRLs Melbourne Storm (whom I am a long term member of), I was utterly disgusted at the club, demanded the heads of those responsible, and weighed up whether I even wanted to continue supporting them. I felt lied to, disillusioned and hurt.

None of this can be seen here, all we are getting is " hahaha, F U AFL, other clubs and ASADA, we iz da best #standbyhird".

Forgive me if I can't find anything laudable in the attitude of Essendon fans.

i am not a Essendon fan, not one player tested positive, not one player admitted to doping, the players and coach were dragged over the coals unfairly for 2 years, the AFL thought they knew something, but IMO they got it incredibly wrong, ASADA thought they knew but got it wrong.

Is it any wonder Essendon fans are shouting that.

3 judges voted 3 -0, on the verdict not reaching a level of comfortable satisfaction .... less than a normal court.

What do you seriously think

Would we all feel a little better if it was revealed that ASADA proved tb4 was at Essendon but failed to prove it was injected into player 1, 2 3 ............ because there were no records found/kept ?

I think such a revelations would be terrible for the Essendon football Club.

Not saying it is the case but it may be. Hopefully we get to see the reasons.

oh really? Care to show me where they said that?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-...unal-decision-on-essendon-supplements/6361006

"The tribunal was comfortably satisfied that the substance thymosin beta-4 was at the relevant time a prohibited substance under the [anti-doping] code," he said.

"The tribunal was not comfortably satisfied that any player violated clause 11.2 of the AFL Anti-Doping Code."

He said the decision against "a former Essendon support person", believed to be Stephen Dank, who ran the club's supplements program during the time in question, would be made at a later date.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-...unal-decision-on-essendon-supplements/6361006

read much? So, who's the "goose"?

I have been listening to SEN all day and they read out a statement that said exactly what I posted.
I dont have the time at the moment to scroll through the internets to find out exactly which statement SEN read on air, so if someone else can do this for me I would be grateful.

Otherwise, Ill follow it up and post that statement I heard from SEN later tonight when I get home.

once again, asada couldn't even get to a comfortable satisfaction. That makes any complaints about it to be nothing more than sour grapes. So you and others can huff and puff but it's over and it's official - EFC players aren't drug cheats.

So yeah, I'm super satisfied thanks
Not over in the slightest. Think ASADA will just let this fly? When they know something happened down at EFC. Yeah, far from over.

Also, an AFL tribunal found 'insufficient evidence.' Who saw that coming? :rolleyes:

CBZuitfUsAA3w9k.jpg

I have been listening to SEN all day and they read out a statement that said exactly what I posted.
I dont have the time at the moment to scroll through the internets to find out exactly which statement SEN read on air, so if someone else can do this for me I would be grateful.

Otherwise, Ill follow it up and post that statement I heard from SEN later tonight when I get home.
no matey, I just posted the statement for you. They didn't say that at all. You were wrong, wrong, wrong.

:D lol, ATM it would seem you need the tissue

Not at all, accepting verdicts is something I have been accustomed too for a long time. Unless a decision is overturned on appeal the players have been found not guilty on insufficient evidence.

I am not going to cry about it , good luck to them. I also am not going to judge anyone's character by how they post on an internet forum

Well I'd be lying if I said I wasn't, and there's a good chance it will.

If they don't appeal or the CAS find you innocent then I'll admit your players didn't dope.
I may have vastly underestimated you Thrawny.

Would we all feel a little better if it was revealed that ASADA proved tb4 was at Essendon but failed to prove it was injected into player 1, 2 3 ............ because there were no records found/kept ?

I think such a revelations would be terrible for the Essendon football Club.

Not saying it is the case but it may be. Hopefully we get to see the reasons.
ASADA know something happened. This isn't over.

I shall never be convinced that Essendon did not cheat.

ie I shall never be convinced that Essendon did not take illegal/banned performance enhancing drugs.

We cheated so well that we played crap footy! if playing crap footy is a side effect of cheating then the Saints have been doing it for years.

It's obviously not the admission you think! This is what I mean about how naive some Bombers supporters are regarding this subject. Somehow you have all talked yourselves into believing there was an acceptable supplements program being delivered with players best interest in mind.

I guess whatever it takes.

Not true! Not at all. I do believe that there's every chance that players were subjected to an environment where they may have taken banned substances. I also believe that Dank is a rather evil man and that Hird may well have had a hand in dodgey goings at the club. But that does not matter. All that matters today is that the AFL reviewed ASADA's evidence and came to the conclusion that no Essendon player took prohibited substances. This is not to say that they did not, it's simply to say that it cannot be proven that they did. A comfortable satisfaction was not met and as such the Essendon players are free to play.

The club on the other hand, they took a cop for 2m, missed finals and lost draft picks. And deservedly so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read the reports you goose.

The tribunal says they were comfortably satisfied that Dank intended to give banned substances, yet but at the same time they say that there is insufficient evidence that any players actually received banned substances.

They somehow came to this conclusion even though their was overwhelming circumstantial evidence that Thymosin was administered at the club. Weird as hell.
Not weird. Different charges.

Dank didn't defend the case against him so this finding was always likely. But need not be material in respect of the charges against the players

Also, this will presumably go to an appeal. ASADA look stupid, they can't really look any worse. May as well try their luck.

However the tribunal have a nice backlog of cases now (Crowley, potentially Collingwood players, etc). I can't see an appeal happening in the next few months anyway. So if the players cop 6 month/1 year bans or whatever, I assume they still get back-dated to November 2014, which would make them pointless essentially. But it will give ASADA a "win".

Essendon players probably in the clear. Well, legally. Health-wise - who knows...

So, did Leigh Matthews remaining at Hawthorn (and remaining the only player in history to be charged with a crime for an on-field act) make you continue to think he was a thug, staining your club? Or did you forgive him?

Methinks you are claiming fake outrage over Hird.

What he did then and to this day was disgraceful but I've never thought of him as a thug - it was a different era. Leigh himself looks back on that incident with regret and hopefully the day comes that hird will as well but I'm not holding my breath considering the lengths he went to to try and ensure information never saw the light of day. Funny in hindsight when you realise he could of saved himself a small fortune if he had just let everything take its course - would of been well and truly over with by now.

I shall never be convinced that Essendon did not cheat.

ie I shall never be convinced that Essendon did not take illegal/banned performance enhancing drugs.

Are you just sprouting irrelevant bits of information?

I will never be convinced that any and all of the negative stories that St Kilda seem to be very good at producing aren't proof that there is a deeper underlying culture of sick criminal activity being spread through the club.

all players cleared. Come on down 2015!!!!

Insufficient evidence hardly a stunning vindication. But they got the result. Suspect it doesn't end here though.

no matey, I just posted the statement for you. They didn't say that at all. You were wrong, wrong, wrong.

Like I said, I heard that what I posted read out on SEN.

When I get home later tonight, I will chase up that statement that was read on SEN and post it here.

If SEN read it on air, then it definitely will be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back