Whose individual performance was better/more important?

Whose individual performance was better or more important?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
Stewy Dew in the '08 GF or Nick Davis in the '05 SF?

Both stunning individual performances, in vitally important games. Neither of their respective teams would have won those important games without their individual brilliance.

Of course it's all subjective, but who do you think was better or more important, and why?

Here are some reminders:

Without Dew there is still a massive chance of a Hawks win, without Davis Sydney wouldn't have been within 20 points.

Yes Dew did it in a GF but in essence Davis had a bigger impact on Sydney winning a flag than Dew had for the Hawks.
I was there, and have watched the game about 100 times since, I honestly don't think we would have won that game without Dew's input.

Davis.

That was seriously a one man effort in the last quarter by him. One of the great performances. Dew at least had some help, however his performance was amazing and broke the back of Geelong.

Davis Davis Davis
close to the most influential (in terms of one player influencing the outcome of a game) game I've ever seen
without him, Swans lose & no flag
Dew was great, but he didn't even win the the Norm Smith if you want to split hairs.
both teams were privileged to have them

I just watched the final quarter of that 2005 Semi again. Things like that individual performance happen so very rarely, dragging their team over the line in a final in such a manner. Adding to the significance is that before Davis exploded, Sydney had only scored 31 points for the entire game. He piled on 4 goals in the final 15 minutes.

I don't like Sydney,but watching performances like that makes you proud that you follow this game.

Davis 2005 and Kouta 99 were other worldy in their final quarters. This would have been the ultimate poll imo.

Nick Davis was the most exciting quarter of footy I've ever seen played. Sydney won a flag on the back on that quarter by Davis, he just went to another level.

I'd almost forgotten how good that goal is with Donga Williams and Dew beating three Cats. That was the goal of the 2008 Gf and one that coaches would just love to see their players doing.

Davis's last quarter was phenomenal. I started a thread on that performance on the main board a few years ago and the general consensus was that there's not be many if any better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to go Davis. Best match winning finals performance in all of history.

The Swans were dead in the game, and he single-handedly got won them the game. The match winning goal was just mental, stumbling forward, off balance snap off the opposite foot, how that went through was a miracle. People often forget the goal he kicked before that was phenomenal as well, evasive snap from about 45 out.

Dew was sensational as well, but still feel Hawks would have still at least been in the game had he had been quieter. Sydney would never have advanced beyond that game without Davis.

The distinction b/w GF and SF makes this a lot closer than it should really be. Another factor that ought be considered is that Dew did it against one of the GOAT teams, Geelong were just a good side in 05. I voted for Davis but I almost wish I could have my vote again

The distinction b/w GF and SF makes this a lot closer than it should really be. Another factor that ought be considered is that Dew did it against one of the GOAT teams, Geelong were just a good side in 05. I voted for Davis but I almost wish I could have my vote again
That's kinda how I see it. Davis = better; Dew = more important.

Think there should be an investigation into Dew's Wikipedia page, it's rompingwinsesque. Not sure what the Wikipedia guidelines are about referring to people by their first name's within articles and I wouldn't call describing his GF performance as a "brilliant burst" a great use of objective language. There's also an entire subheading for "Famous Goals" :rainbow:.

Davis had less assistance than dew did, carried us

Glad roos basically treated him like crap after it

Swanstv actually has dew v davis in a few videos kicking contest, trying to replicate each others goals and buddys goals

Davis.

The Hawks could have won without Dew's performance, but Sydney had no hope without Dew's performance

Back